Disability Unemployment Rate by Province Canada
Author: Statistics Canada
Published: 2008-12-27 : (Rev. 2010-10-03)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Unemployment rates for persons with and without disabilities in Canada by provinces.
Main DigestUnemployment rates for persons with and without disabilities in Canada by provinces.
Overall Unemployment rate of persons WITH a disability in Canada was 10.4%
Unemployment rate of persons WITHOUT a disability in Canada was 6.8%
Unemployment Statistics by Canadian Province
Alberta - with a disability 5.5 % - without a disability 3.5%
British Columbia - with a disability 8.9% - without a disability 5.7%
Manitoba - with a disability 8.9% - without a disability 4.6%
New Brunswick - with a disability 14.4% - without a disability 10.3%
Newfoundland - with a disability 24.8% - without a disability 19.4%
Northwest Territories - with a disability 13.7% - without a disability 9.4%
Nova Scotia - with a disability 14.4% - without a disability 8.3%
Nunavut - with a disability 21.2% - without a disability 14.4%
Ontario - with a disability 10.2% - without a disability 7.0%
Prince Edward Island - with a disability 16.6% - without a disability 11.1%
Quebec - with a disability 14.7% - without a disability 7.9%
Saskatchewan - with a disability 9.7% - without a disability 4.9%
Yukon - with a disability 11.8% - without a disability 9.2%
Unemployment Graph Canada 2006 Statistics
Source: Statistics Canada, Participation and Activity Limitation Survey, 2006
- 1 - 33% of Prisoners Reported a Disability in 2011 - 2012 : Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs (2015/12/15)
- 2 - U.S. Disability Statistics by State, County, City and Age : Disabled World (2017/05/30)
- 3 - Skin Cancer in America: Facts and Statistics : Milt Rodriguez (2011/01/28)
- 4 - Local UK Councils Disabled Facilities Grant Spending : Autumn Wiberg (2019/08/06)
- 5 - 2018 Statistics Reveal 1 in 4 Adults Live with Disability : U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2018/08/19)
- 6 - 2019 Report on U.S. Disability Employment Rate by State : RespectAbility (2019/02/16)
- 7 - Combating Autism Act (CAA) - Funding Allocations : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/12/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.