Disability Statistics Florida
Author: Sandi Baker - Visual Innovation and Solutions
Published: 2009-01-06 : (Rev. 2012-09-21)
Synopsis and Key Points:
A brief look at the newest disability statistics in Florida and the importance of these statistics.
Main DigestIn a previous article I wrote about the newest disability statistics in the United States. We will take a brief look at them, with some of them being in Florida as this is my principal place of office. Also we will discuss what the importance is of these statistics.
HOUSEHOLD INCOME IN FLORIDA:
The median household income among households with men and women with a work limitation in Florida in averages adjusted for inflation to 2007 dollars:
- Year 2000-2004 2007 Dollars 30,300
- Year 2001-2005 2007 Dollars 30,600
- Year 2002-2006 2007 Dollars 30,800
- Year 2003-2007 2007 Dollars 31,100
- Without a Disability $61,000
- With a Disability $38,400
- Difference $22,600
- Poverty Rates:
- In the United States:
- Without a Disability 9.0%
- With a Disability 24.7%
Poverty Rates in Florida:
POVERTY NUMBER IN FLORIDA:
The number of men and women, aged 21-64 with a work limitation in Florida who lived in families with incomes below the poverty line in:
- Year 2000-2004 Number 195,000
- Year 2001-2005 Number 198,000
- Year 2002-2006 Number 192,000
- Year 2003-2007 Number 200,000
- Employment: Florida-22.2%
- Florida Annual Earnings-$32,300
- Florida Poverty Rate-21.8%
In the United States there is a 42.8% gap in Employment!
The valuable information that is in these statistics has several factors for those that serve in the field of the disability population whether that is health care or in a separate agency.
What are they
- Characteristics of complex processes in disability facts and figures across the board
- Characterization of issues
- Verification and support of existing evidence
- Relevance of patterns that may be unknown and their associations
- As professionals we need to understand these matters for these particulars:
- Evaluations of our programs and their impacts
- Evaluation of outcome of programs
- Planning of programs
These statistics aid us with the provisions of source material of the disabled population.
Reference: Cornell University. 2008. 2007 Disability Status Report. Author: Sandi Baker Visual Innovations & Solutions. I am the Co-Founder of Visual Innovations & Solutions. We are a Non-Profit Foundation dedicated to providing visual aids and technology to the visually impaired and disabled. Please visit us at: www.visualinnovations.org
- 1 - 33% of Prisoners Reported a Disability in 2011 - 2012 : Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs (2015/12/15)
- 2 - U.S. Disability Statistics by State, County, City and Age : Disabled World (2017/05/30)
- 3 - Skin Cancer in America: Facts and Statistics : Milt Rodriguez (2011/01/28)
- 4 - Local UK Councils Disabled Facilities Grant Spending : Autumn Wiberg (2019/08/06)
- 5 - 2018 Statistics Reveal 1 in 4 Adults Live with Disability : U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2018/08/19)
- 6 - 2019 Report on U.S. Disability Employment Rate by State : RespectAbility (2019/02/16)
- 7 - Combating Autism Act (CAA) - Funding Allocations : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/12/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.