Prestige Insurance - Car Insurance for Persons with Disability, Carers and Their Families
Published: 2011-10-24 - Updated: 2012-03-12
Synopsis: Prestige is a U.K. insurance company who provide disabled motor vehicle insurance to persons with disability.
Prestige is a trading name of The Allen & Allen Group Limited, a U.K. company, who have provided quality insurance to the motor insurance market for over 40 years.
Various Disability Discrimination Acts have made it illegal to penalize disability but the problem has been that few policies have proactively sought to offer enhanced benefits to reflect the needs of the disabled driving community and carers.
The Prestige Keep Moving policy seeks to rectify this.
Prestige combines competitive premiums with special cover generally not available elsewhere to reflect your special circumstances (see Special Cover on their website www.prestigekeepmoving.com). You buy the options you need.
People with disabilities take out insurance policies for their car but often don't actually get the cover they need.
In the event of a claim, they discover that they have only a standard policy with no extra benefits to cover such things as adaptations to the vehicle (for example making the vehicle more accessible), wheelchair cover and also a "keep moving" option which allows you to keep mobile whilst your vehicle is being repaired. Insurance companies do not always guarantee a courtesy car as on occasions their repairer may have loaned out all their courtesy cars so none are available.
Prestige seek to rectify this by paying for alternative transport under the "keep moving" option.
To summarize, their special options are:
Prestige insurance - Special car insurance scheme for the disabled, carers and families. Please quote "Disabled World" when ringing 0800 3308057
1. They will pay for mobility aids that are permanently fitted to your vehicle that are lost or damaged following an accident, fire or theft that is covered under the Accidental Damage, Fire or Theft sections of your motor insurance policy. They will pay for the cost of replacing the mobility aid on a "new for old" basis'.
2. If you are involved in a claim that is covered under the Accidental Damage, Fire or Theft sections of your Motor Insurance policy and
- Whilst your vehicle is being repaired if they are unable to provide a courtesy car that is suitable for your mobility needs or,
- Your vehicle has been stolen and not recovered or,
- Your vehicle has been declared as being beyond economical repair
3. They will pay for loss or damage to your wheelchair when it is in your vehicle that is stolen or damaged following an accident, fire or theft that is covered under your Motor Insurance policy
When your car insurance is due for renewal or you need a quotation now, please ring 0800 3308057 or mobile - 0333-400-1580 and quote "DISABLED WORLD"
Prestige Insurance will be more than happy to give you an instant quote based on your requirements.
Prestige Insurance are pleased to be associated with Disabled World.
NOTE: PLEASE MENTION Disabled World when getting a quote... a donation will be made for every policy taken out via Disabled World towards the upkeep of this valuable online service.
In Other News:
You're reading Disabled World. See our homepage for informative disability news, reviews, sports, stories and how-tos. You can also connect with us on social media such as Twitter and Facebook or learn more about Disabled World on our about us page.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
Cite This Page (APA): Prestige. (2011, October 24). Prestige Insurance - Car Insurance for Persons with Disability, Carers and Their Families. Disabled World. Retrieved September 17, 2021 from www.disabled-world.com/disability/transport/prestige.php