Wheelchair Accessible Van Rentals for Persons with Disability
Published: 2011-09-29 - Updated: 2022-06-22
Author: Kersey Mobility | Contact: abilitycenter.com/kersey-mobility/
Synopsis: Kersey Mobility provides accessible wheelchair van rentals for different needs in the USA, and all rentals are ADA compliant. Upon request, Kersey Mobility can bring the wheelchair van to the customer's location and drop it off. They can return and pick it up when the rental period is over. This provides added convenience by eliminating the hassle of arranging transportation to and from the dealership. This new initiative offers significant advantages to those with physical disabilities, including the innovative drop-off and pick-up service for customer convenience.
- Wheelchair Accessible Van
- A wheelchair-accessible van is a vehicle that has been modified by increasing the internal size of the vehicle and equipping it with a means of wheelchair entry, such as a wheelchair ramp or powered lift. There are two types of entry configurations: side-entry and rear-entry. The entry location impacts wheelchair seating positions, parking options, the ability to accommodate other passengers, and storage availability. Modifications fall into two categories; the first is where the individual in a wheelchair is the driver, and the second is where the individual in a wheelchair is a passenger.
Kersey Mobility, one of the Pacific Northwest's most respected mobility equipment providers, has today announced the launch of their wheelchair van rental program at their Sumner location. Kersey Mobility was founded in 1982 and has served residents of the Pacific Northwest for almost 30 years. The company is dedicated to providing its customers with the best in mobility equipment, handicap-accessible vehicles, and top-notch customer service and care.
This new initiative offers significant advantages to those with physical disabilities, including the innovative drop-off and pick-up service for customer convenience.
Kersey Mobility now offers wheelchair van rentals that can be used for several different needs. For instance, a rental can be enormously convenient if customers have to take their mobility vehicle in for service or repairs. Of course, it can also be beneficial for those with visiting family who have mobility needs - an accessible rental van ensures that anyone with a physical disability can travel in safety.
Kersey Mobility also offers wheelchair-accessible van rentals for those who want to "try before they buy." For anyone considering the purchase of a wheelchair-accessible van, it's important to make an informed decision. By renting an accessible van before signing a purchase agreement, they can determine what mobility equipment, floor plan, and other modifications they may require.
Upon request, Kersey Mobility can bring the wheelchair van to the customer's location and drop it off. They can return and pick it up when the rental period is over. This provides added convenience by eliminating the hassle of arranging transportation to and from the dealership.
All wheelchair van rentals are completely ADA compliant. Customers must provide proof of insurance, be at least 21, and have a valid driver's license. The rates offered on wheelchair van rentals vary based on rental duration and mileage. To find out more about Kersey Mobility's new wheelchair van rental program, view rates, and other requirements, or to make reservations for a late model accessible van at their Sumner location.
- Free Wheelchair Vans From All Things Possible
- Grant Writing for a Wheelchair Van
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Purchasing a Wheelchair Accessible Van
- Rear-Entry and Side-Entry Wheelchair Conversion Options for Minivans
- Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles: The Basics
- Selecting the Right Wheelchair Van
Primary Information Source(s):
Wheelchair Accessible Van Rentals for Persons with Disability | Kersey Mobility (abilitycenter.com/kersey-mobility/). Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
Disabled World is an independent disability community established in 2004 to provide disability news and information to people with disabilities, seniors, their family and/or carers. See our homepage for informative news, reviews, sports, stories and how-tos. You can also connect with us on Twitter and Facebook or learn more about Disabled World on our about us page.
Disabled World provides general information only. The materials presented are never meant to substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Financial support is derived from advertisements or referral programs, where indicated. Any 3rd party offering or advertising does not constitute an endorsement.
Cite This Page (APA): Kersey Mobility. (2011, September 29). Wheelchair Accessible Van Rentals for Persons with Disability. Disabled World. Retrieved June 26, 2022 from www.disabled-world.com/disability/transport/private/wheelchair-van-rent.php
• Permalink: <a href="https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/transport/private/wheelchair-van-rent.php">Wheelchair Accessible Van Rentals for Persons with Disability</a>