Marlee Matlin's Celebrity Apprentice Cause
Synopsis and Key Points:
Marlee Matlin has raised a record breaking $986,000 on a recent episode of The Celebrity Apprentice SignTalk Joins Fundraiser for Marlee Matlins Cause.
Main DigestSignTalk Joins Fundraiser for Marlee Matlin's Cause...
As many of you are aware, Marlee Matlin has the unique distinction of having raised a record breaking $986,000 on a recent episode of The Celebrity Apprentice ("The Art of the Deal" aired on April 3, 2011), more funds than has ever been raised for charity in a single event on any television show. Donald Trump donated an additional $14,000 to make the contribution an even million. The money was donated to her charity of choice, The Starkey Hearing Foundation.
The Starkey Hearing Foundation gives "the gift of hearing" to deaf and hard of hearing children and adults by providing free hearing aids to people in third world countries and parts of the United States who otherwise could not afford to purchase the technology.
Here at SignTalk®, we have been inspired by Marlee Matlin's drive and are following her lead. We have already contributed $1,500 (in honor of SignTalk®'s 15th Anniversary) to The Starkey Hearing Foundation and invite our affiliated interpreters and clients to join us in a fundraising campaign where we will match all contributions made between now and The Celebrity Apprentice Season Finale on May 22, 2011. To contribute, please visit our website at www.signtalk.org.
This May, for the fourth year in a row, SignTalk® will also be contributing to the Aids Walk New York annual event by donating the services of two nationally certified sign language interpreters. A provider of sign language interpreters, SignTalk® regularly sponsors affiliated interpreters to attend RID National Conferences, donates to interpreting education programs and deaf-blind organizations, and offers continuing education workshops to enhance interpreters' skills.
Company Profile:SignTalk® is dedicated to providing sign language interpreters to facilitate communication between hearing, deaf, deaf-blind, hard of hearing and sign language interpreters in all types of environments for education, health care, legal, business and government clients.
SignTalk®, at www.signtalk.org, is a participating company of Comprehensive Network®, Inc - a provider of health, educational & bilingual consulting professionals and a Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) CMP/ACET Approved Sponsor of Continuing Education for sign language interpreters.
- 1 - Auditory Processing Disorder (APD) : Deafness Research UK (2010/02/04)
- 2 - Restoring Hearing for Millions of Elderly and Others with Hearing Loss : University of Southern California (2018/04/05)
- 3 - Synesthesia: Search for Genes with Ability to See Sounds : Cell Press (2009/02/05)
- 4 - Deaf Children and Cognitive Development : University of Connecticut (2016/02/13)
- 5 - Misophonia and Sensory Processing Disorder : Thomas C. Weiss (2013/07/29)
- 6 - Sustaining a Career After Acquired Hearing Loss : Oregon State University (2017/02/22)
- 7 - Harder to Hear in Noisy Environments for Hearing Impaired : Purdue Department of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences (2012/09/11)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.