Health and Disability Editorials, Op-eds, and Opinions
Disabled World: Revised/Updated: 2019/04/30
Synopsis: Editorial views on articles and current news stories and topics relating to disability and health issues today.
What is an Editorial?
Most editorial pieces take the form of an essay or thesis, using arguments to promote a specific point of view of the writer. Editorial pages are considered to be a writer's specific opinion on a specific topic - and may or may not be biased.
What is an Op-ed?
An op-ed (originally short for "opposite the editorial page" though sometimes interpreted as "opinion editorial") is a written piece typically published by a newspaper or magazine which expresses the opinion of a named author usually not affiliated with the publication editorial board.
Persons hands typing on an older style lime green typewriter. A sprig of white flowers sit on the desk in a jar to the persons left - Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash.
Op-eds are different from both editorials - (opinion pieces submitted by editorial board members) - and letters to the editor - (opinion pieces submitted by readers).
- Politics - World political editorial views on current affairs related to disability and health worldwide.
- Technology - Editorial views on news related to health and disability technology topics in the news.
Do you have a disability editorial or news story, coming event, informative article, assistive product or service announcement, or helpful review that will benefit our readers? Submissions are free, but must follow our submission guidelines.
Views and opinions expressed in the Disabled World editorial section are not necessarily the opinions of disabled-world.com
Associated Sub-Topics and Pertinent Documents
Suggested Related Articles
- 1 - Why Don't We Hire Disabled People? The Struggle of Getting a Job - Disabled World Submission - (2019/12/12).
- 2 - The Continuing Oppression of Disability: The Re-Institutionalisation of Disability Within Britain - Paul Dodenhoff - (2017/06/07).
- 3 - Why People With Learning Disabilities Should NOT Work For Less Than The Minimum Wage - Paul Dodenhoff - (2017/03/13).
- 4 - The Art of Accusation: The Lynching of Intellectual Disability - Paul Dodenhoff - (2017/03/09).
- 5 - British TV Chat Show Slams Disability Genocide - Paul Dodenhoff - (2017/03/06).
- 6 - The Continuing 'Incarceration' of Disability: Facebook Live-streams Disability 'Torture' - Paul Dodenhoff - (2017/01/09).
- RSS: If you use a feed reader you are welcome to freely subscribe to our latest Editorials publications.
- 👉 For further related information see our full list of Editorials Documents - (Currently Listing 123 Fact Sheets).