Health and Disability Editorials, Op-eds, and Opinions
Disabled World (disabled-world.com)
Revised/Updated: Tuesday, 30th April 2019
Synopsis and Key Points:
Editorial views on articles and current news stories and topics relating to disability and health issues today.
What is an Editorial?
Most editorial pieces take the form of an essay or thesis, using arguments to promote a specific point of view of the writer. Editorial pages are considered to be a writer's specific opinion on a specific topic - and may or may not be biased.
What is an Op-ed?
An op-ed (originally short for "opposite the editorial page" though sometimes interpreted as "opinion editorial") is a written piece typically published by a newspaper or magazine which expresses the opinion of a named author usually not affiliated with the publication editorial board.
Persons hands typing on an older style lime green typewriter. A sprig of white flowers sit on the desk in a jar to the persons left - Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash.
Op-eds are different from both editorials - (opinion pieces submitted by editorial board members) - and letters to the editor - (opinion pieces submitted by readers).
- Politics - World political editorial views on current affairs related to disability and health worldwide.
- Technology - Editorial views on news related to health and disability technology topics in the news.
Do you have a disability editorial or news story, coming event, informative article, assistive product or service announcement, or helpful review that will benefit our readers? Submissions are free, but must follow our submission guidelines.
Views and opinions expressed in the Disabled World editorial section are not necessarily the opinions of disabled-world.com
Subtopics and Associated Subjects
- 1 - In Service : U.S. Memorial Day 2020 : Tsara Shelton (2020/05/25)
- 2 - During Pandemic, Disabled Activists Fight a Two-Front War for Their Lives : Op-ed by Abe Munder (2020/05/24)
- 3 - Are UK Welfare Reforms a Form of Hate or Hate Crime Conducted Towards Disability? : Paul Dodenhoff (2020/02/18)
- 4 - Why Don't We Hire Disabled People? The Struggle of Getting a Job : Disabled World Submission (2019/12/12)
- 5 - The Continuing Oppression of Disability: The Re-Institutionalisation of Disability Within Britain : Paul Dodenhoff (2017/06/07)
- 6 - Why People With Learning Disabilities Should NOT Work For Less Than The Minimum Wage : Paul Dodenhoff (2017/03/13)
- 7 - The Art of Accusation: The Lynching of Intellectual Disability : Paul Dodenhoff (2017/03/09)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.