Disability Entertainment, Hobbies, and Recreation
Disabled World (disabled-world.com)
Revised/Updated: Saturday, 2nd May 2020
Synopsis and Key Points:
The entertainment section of Disabled World covers disability topics such as film, movies and videos, hobbies, and disability camps.
We also feature information and articles on hobbies for the disabled and elderly including accessible gardening, and other recreational hobbies suitable for people with disabilities.
Easter Seals challenges and encourages those living with disabilities to get active and involved. People with disabilities sometimes participate in artistic activities as expressive therapy.
The disability recreation and entertainment section of Disabled World covers disability topics such as film, music, dance, theatre, photography, painting, video, as well as hobbies for seniors and persons with disabilities including disability fishing, flying, hunting, and gardening.
World Governments are finally recognizing that people with disabilities face significant barriers to recreation, sport, and wellness, and that access to these opportunities are more critical to people with disabilities than those without disabilities.
People with disabilities sometimes participate in artistic activities as part of expressive therapy (expressive arts therapy or creative arts therapy). One such example is people with disabilities are finally being portrayed more in both movies and television shows around the world. Some of our disability entertainment articles listed below focus on these actors and actresses with disabilities.
Close up image of two hands forming pottery on a potters wheel.
Expressive therapy may take the form of writing therapy, music therapy, drama therapy, or another artistic method
Disability in the arts is an aspect within various arts disciplines of inclusive practices involving disability. Note, disability in the arts is distinguished from disability art in that it refers to art that includes people with disabilities, whether in themes, performance, or the creation of the artwork, rather than works focusing on disability as the central theme.
- Our disability fishing information provides a handy resource of how and where articles for those that enjoy recreational fishing.
- Our new disability flying and hunting sections are designed to offer further assistance for those wishing to start these activities or obtain further information.
Easter Seals challenges and encourages those living with disabilities to get active and get involved. Their specialized, fully-accessible sport, recreation and active living programs encourage active participation and enhanced well-being. At Easter Seals camps every child-no matter their disability receives the encouragement and support they need to challenge themselves, build confidence and make the most of their abilities - More information regards camps for children with disability.
We also feature information and articles on hobbies for the disabled and elderly including accessible gardening, and other recreational hobbies suitable for people with disabilities, seniors, and baby boomers.
Subtopics and Associated Subjects
- 1 - Disabled Vets Receive Free Lifetime Access to U.S. National Parks : United States Senate Committee on Veterans Affairs (2020/06/26)
- 2 - Deaf Comedian Tom Willard Performs at Caroline's on Broadway : Tom Willard (2018/12/22)
- 3 - Alice Sheppard and Kinetic Light Present NY Premiere of DESCENT : Mariclare Hulbert, Lisa Niedermeyer, Alice Sheppard (2018/03/04)
- 4 - Free Things to Do On the Weekend When Bored : Disabled World (2017/10/22)
- 5 - U.K. Accessible Ticketing: Enabling Access Customers to Book Events Online : Cameron Lund (2016/12/12)
- 6 - Free Online Summer Learning Camp for Kids and Families : National Center for Families Learning (2016/06/13)
- 7 - LeapFrog Epic Tablet for Children : LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. (2015/12/23)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.