APP Developers - Allscripts Million Hearts CDS Challenge - Win $50,000
Author: Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
Synopsis and Key Points:
Allscripts Million Hearts Clinical Decision Support Challenge offers $50000 for application of optimal care for patients with cardiovascular disease through clinical decision support functionality.
Main DigestDevelopers: Deadline Approaching for Allscripts Million Hearts CDS Challenge - Help Make the World a Better Place and Win $50,000: Submit entries by July 13, 2012.
To help providers deliver the best possible care to patients with cardiovascular diseases, Allscripts is sponsoring the Allscripts Million Hearts Clinical Decision Support (CDS) Challenge. The challenge, which was announced in January, offers a $50,000 prize to the person or group that creates a publicly available application that accelerates the delivery of optimal care for patients with cardiovascular disease through clinical decision support functionality. The deadline for submissions by interested parties is July 13, 2012.
Million Hearts is a national initiative announced last year by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services to prevent 1 million heart attacks and strokes over the next five years. The Allscripts prize will go to the person or group that best translates the rules associated with the Million Hearts initiative into a clear, clinical decision support application that can be read by any Electronic Health Record. Allscripts is providing an XML format that participants may use and extend.
"An estimated 80 million Americans have one or more types of cardiovascular disease, and they cost Americans approximately $400 billion in direct and indirect healthcare and related costs each year," said Doug Gentile, Chief Medical Officer of Allscripts. "Health information technology can play an important role in combating these diseases by informing healthcare providers more effectively during the care process, and through the Million Hearts Clinical Decision Support Challenge, Allscripts hopes to inspire developers to help us in our mission to enable better quality outcomes for heart patients nationwide."
"The importance of this challenge is that it's focused on having the community - physicians, nurses, and other caregivers - create an application that could be available on any EHR that is open and easy to access," said Glen Tullman, Chief Executive Officer of Allscripts. "As health care becomes an information-driven business, leveraging the intelligence of the community will help improve patient care."
Learn more about the challenge here or go to www.allscripts.com/cdschallenge. Entries are due by July 13, 2012. Allscripts will announce the winning entry no later than September 30, 2012.
Participation in the Allscripts Million Hearts CDS Challenge, including the use of Allscripts XML format, is subject to the terms and conditions available at www.allscripts.com/en/company/about-us/in-the-community/cdschallenge/CDS-rules.html.
About Allscripts - Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX) delivers the insights that healthcare providers require to generate world-class outcomes. The company's Electronic Health Record, practice management and other clinical, revenue cycle, connectivity and information solutions create a Connected Community of Health for physicians, hospitals and post-acute organizations. To learn more about Allscripts, please visit www.allscripts.com
- 1 - Get Your Life Back - $50,000 Caregiving Makeover Contest : Physicians Choice Insurance Service (2011/06/14)
- 2 - Innovative Design Competition Shines Spotlight on Spinal Injuries : Kim Wan (2019/10/11)
- 3 - Visions For The Future of Mobility Unveiled at CES : RTPR (2019/01/09)
- 4 - Knowbility OpenAIR Accessibility Internet Rally Competition : Knowbility, Inc. (2014/10/17)
- 5 - Accessibility Innovation Showcase Competition - Helping Innovators Improve Lives of People with Disabilities : Ontario Centres of Excellence Inc. (2017/03/13)
- 6 - Human Rights Video Contest Open to U.S. Students and Schools : American Federation of Teachers (AFT) (2017/01/30)
- 7 - Maddak Inc. and Morph Wheels Most Inspirational Client Award : Maddak Inc. and Morph Wheels (2013/09/26)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.