My Body My Life Essay Contest
Author: American Council on Exercise
Synopsis and Key Points:
Launch of My Body My Life Essay Contest for motivating stories of perseverance hope and compassion behind a desire to live at a healthier weight.
Main DigestThe American Council on Exercise (ACE) Announces My Body, My Life Essay Contest - Fitness Industry Leader Encourages People to Share Their Inspirational Fitness & Weight Loss Journeys.
The American Council on Exercise (ACE), America's leading authority on fitness and the largest nonprofit fitness certification, education and training organization in the world, today announced the launch of its My Body, My Life Essay Contest on January 4, 2011, designed to uncover and share motivating stories of perseverance, hope and compassion behind people's desire to live at a healthier weight. This contest is a consumer initiative in conjunction with ACE's national campaign against the obesity epidemic.
"Through My Body, My Life, we want to remind the public that weight loss is more than just a number on a scale or fitting into a pair of pants it's about health, well-being and quality of life," said Scott Goudeseune, American Council on Exercise President and CEO. "By achieving and maintaining a healthy weight, people are more likely to live a longer life and be more able to focus their energy on important things like family and friends. We want to hear open and honest stories from anyone who has embarked on a fitness and weight loss journey, whether just starting out or having successfully achieved a personal goal."
To participate in the contest, individuals must submit a 500-word essay that explains the emotional and inspirational drive behind the desire to make a change through increased activity and weight loss and how that decision has changed or affected their lives. Entries will be accepted between January 4 and January 31, 2011, and two grand prize winners will each receive a cash prize of $250 (USD). Additionally, top essay submissions may be featured on the American Council on Exercise website at www.acefitness.org/getfit and used in public service announcements geared toward eliminating the dangerous and prevalent obesity epidemic in the United States. Entrants must be 13-years or older and a U.S. resident.
For more information on the My Body, My Life Essay Contest and to submit a personal story, visit www.acefitness.org/contest for the full set of rules and regulations.
About the American Council on Exercise -The American Council on Exercise (ACE), America's premier certification, education and training organization, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting the benefits of physical activity and protecting consumers against unsafe and ineffective fitness products and instruction. ACE sponsors university-based exercise science research and is the world's largest nonprofit fitness certifying organization. For more information on ACE and its programs, call (800) 825-3636 or log onto the ACE website at www.acefitness.org
- 1: Get Your Life Back - $50,000 Caregiving Makeover Contest : Physicians Choice Insurance Service (2011/06/14)
- 2: Innovative Design Competition Shines Spotlight on Spinal Injuries : Kim Wan (2019/10/11)
- 3: Visions For The Future of Mobility Unveiled at CES : RTPR (2019/01/09)
- 4: Knowbility OpenAIR Accessibility Internet Rally Competition : Knowbility, Inc. (2014/10/17)
- 5: Accessibility Innovation Showcase Competition - Helping Innovators Improve Lives of People with Disabilities : Ontario Centres of Excellence Inc. (2017/03/13)
- 6: Human Rights Video Contest Open to U.S. Students and Schools : American Federation of Teachers (AFT) (2017/01/30)
- 7: Maddak Inc. and Morph Wheels Most Inspirational Client Award : Maddak Inc. and Morph Wheels (2013/09/26)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.