Filmpossible Video and Photo Contest Brings Visibility to Disability
Synopsis and Key Points:
Filmpossible online video and photo contest brings visibility to disability with a prize for the video contest of $5000 and $1000 prize for the photo contest.
Main DigestThere are two weeks left to enter filmpossible, the online video and photo contest that brings visibility to disability - Grand prize for the video contest is $5000 and Grand prize for the photo contest is $1000.
Presented by Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital, Canada's largest hospital for kids with disabilities, filmpossible challenges people to create and upload short videos or photos that shatter myths, tell a story, promote inclusion and make the world notice the ordinary and sometimes extraordinary aspects of living with disabilities.
"Many people do not have the opportunity to spend time with kids with physical or intellectual differences, and sometimes this lack of familiarity can lead to misunderstandings or false impressions," says Christa Haanstra, Chief of Communications and Public Affairs at Holland Bloorview, Canada's largest children's rehabilitation hospital. "That's why filmpossible challenges people to bring visibility to disability."
This is a perfect weekend activity for any Canadian family this summer - tell your story and bring visibility to disability.
The August 12 deadline to upload your winning videos or photos is approaching fast. Video and photo finalists will be announced August 24 by our panel of top-notch judges, including Globe and Mail columnist, Ian Brown and singer/song writer, Justin Hines.
You can also view and vote for your favorite entries online at www.filmpossible.ca
Cisco is generously donating $1 per vote cast - so do your part and VOTE! For more details on dates, rules and prizes, visit www.filmpossible.ca
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital is Canada's largest children's rehabilitation teaching hospital. For over a century, we've pioneered treatments, technologies, therapies and real-world programs that give children with disabilities the tools to participate fully in life. Visit www.hollandbloorview.ca.
Filmpossible would like to acknowledge our generous sponsors: Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation, Cisco, Mars Canada, Gemsbok Technologies, Sportchek, The Keg and Starbuck's. All cash prizes are donated by our sponsors.
- 1 - Get Your Life Back - $50,000 Caregiving Makeover Contest : Physicians Choice Insurance Service (2011/06/14)
- 2 - Innovative Design Competition Shines Spotlight on Spinal Injuries : Kim Wan (2019/10/11)
- 3 - Visions For The Future of Mobility Unveiled at CES : RTPR (2019/01/09)
- 4 - Knowbility OpenAIR Accessibility Internet Rally Competition : Knowbility, Inc. (2014/10/17)
- 5 - Accessibility Innovation Showcase Competition - Helping Innovators Improve Lives of People with Disabilities : Ontario Centres of Excellence Inc. (2017/03/13)
- 6 - Human Rights Video Contest Open to U.S. Students and Schools : American Federation of Teachers (AFT) (2017/01/30)
- 7 - Maddak Inc. and Morph Wheels Most Inspirational Client Award : Maddak Inc. and Morph Wheels (2013/09/26)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.