IPC Design Competition for World Cup Medals and Trophies
- Publish Date: 2015/12/11
- Author: The International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
- Contact : paralympic.org
Outline: IPC Snow Sports launches design competition for cross-country skiing, biathlon, alpine skiing and snowboard World Cup medals and trophies.
IPC Snow Sports has launched a competition for the next generation of para-snow sport fans to design the trophies and medals for the World Cups for alpine skiing, snowboard, cross-country skiing and biathlon.
Young people under the age of 16 can submit their designs by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the International Paralympic Committee, 212-214 Adenaueralle, 53113, Bonn, Germany, by Monday, 28 March 2016.
All entries must include the name and date of birth of the designer and contact details of a parent or guardian (aged 18 or over).
The designs will be judged by a panel of leaders and athletes from within the Paralympic Movement before a winner is announced in May 2016.
The trophies and medals will then be professionally designed and manufactured by POCAL in time for the start of the 2016-17 season.
Dimitrije Lazarovski, Head of IPC Snow Sports, said:
"This competition is a great way to get youngsters engaged in para-snow sports in school, in their spare time and at home. By encouraging them to design the World Cup trophies and medals, they will have the chance to see their favorite para-athletes winning examples of what they have helped to craft. In some cases these athletes may already be Paralympic champions or could certainly be the gold medalists of the future. We hope that parents, families and teachers the world over will help us to use this competition as a way of introducing para-sport to children, and spreading the Paralympic values of courage, determination, inspiration and equality."
Entrants can submit either one design for all four sport's World Cups and medals or for just one sport of their choice.
Each entry must include a design for the medal AND trophy, and the trophy and medal must have linking elements that match them together.
The designs must adhere to the following specifications:
- Material: Glass (can be flat or molded), wood, metal or acrylic.
- Size: 30cm in height.
- Weight: Maximum of 1kg.
- Material: Glass or metal.
- Size: 10cm in diameter.
- Color: Gold, silver and bronze.
- Back of medals must be left blank for inclusion of sport's logos.
- The designs for the gold, silver and bronze medals must be a consistent design for all three, in order to make a set.
More information about IPC Biathlon and Cross-Country Skiing can be found at www.ipc-nordicskiing.org, IPC Alpine Skiing at www.ipc-alpineskiing.org and IPC Snowboard at www.ipc-snowboard.org. The World Cup season for biathlon and cross-country and snowboard is already underway, whilst the alpine skiing circuit will begin in January.
A variety of videos of para-snow sports that can be used for inspiration and teaching can be found at the International Paralympic Committee's (IPC) Youtube channel: www.ParalympicSport.TV
The sport's reserve the right to modify the winning designs for any reason including to enable the manufacturing process. Copyright in the designs submitted to the IPC will be assigned to the IPC upon receipt of the design at the IPC Headquarters, and the property in any physical item submitted (such as a mock-up of the trophy design etc.) will also belong to the IPC as soon as the item is received. Some designs may be published on social media ahead of the close of competition, to showcase the entries and raise awareness of the competition.
The sports are not responsible for the safe postage and receipt of entries and reserve the right to close the competition at any time before 28 March 2016. Materials submitted will not be returned to the contestants and maybe retained, sorted or destroyed by the IPC.
- 1 - Innovative Design Competition Shines Spotlight on Spinal Injuries | Kim Wan | 2019/10/11
- 2 - Visions For The Future of Mobility Unveiled at CES | RTPR | 2019/01/09
- 3 - Knowbility OpenAIR Accessibility Internet Rally Competition | Knowbility, Inc. | 2014/10/17
- 4 - Accessibility Innovation Showcase Competition - Helping Innovators Improve Lives of People with Disabilities | Ontario Centres of Excellence Inc. | 2017/03/13
- 5 - Human Rights Video Contest Open to U.S. Students and Schools | American Federation of Teachers (AFT) | 2017/01/30
- 6 - Maddak Inc. and Morph Wheels Most Inspirational Client Award | Maddak Inc. and Morph Wheels | 2013/09/26
- 7 - National Reading Contest for Students with Learning Disabilities | Learning Ally | 2016/02/29
- 8 - IPC Design Competition for World Cup Medals and Trophies | The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) | 2015/12/11
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media