Sharing Life Stories of People Facing Mobility Challenges - $6000 in Prizes
Published: 2011-05-02 : (Rev. 2013-06-02)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Upload a picture or video with the story of how you zoom groove and cruise with a NOVA product and the person with most votes wins $5000 and mobility makeover along with $1000 a loved one aid or salesperson that helped them share their story.
Main DigestSharing Life Stories of People Facing Mobility Challenges - NOVA Inviting Mobility Aid Users to Share Inspiration, Giving Away $6000.
Think life ends when someone needs the help of a walker? Think people in wheelchairs are old with nothing interesting to say? Think people using canes don't care about style? Well, think again.
NOVA, a manufacturer of stylish, functional and, yes, sexy, mobility equipment knows that behind every user of a walker, wheelchair or cane, there's an amazing - and continuing - life journey. The company created an opportunity for their customers to share their stories, inspire others and win $6000 and a mobility makeover with NOVA CEO, Sue Chen.
"The Zoom, Groove and Cruise Celebration was 100% inspired by real customers and real stories" says Chen. "We have clients that use their fire-engine red walkers to meet for a late night tryst at the hot tub or to traipse around Paris. Our clients are interesting, vibrant and very much alive! We wanted to create a forum to share their amazing life journeys - which we know are still going on - and help them along on their next adventure."
Participants sign up at www.zoomgroovecruise.com by July 31st, 2011, upload a picture or video along with the story of how they zoom, groove and cruise with their NOVA product, and then get their friends, family and community to vote. The person with the most votes wins $5000 and a mobility makeover, along with $1000 for the loved one, aid or salesperson that helped them share their story. The stories are about anything and everything - life, love, adventure, goals, dreams, helping others, doing the improbable and changing the world. NOVA's goal is to highlight that people using mobility aids have much to contribute.
"We want this to be a true celebration and an opportunity for everyone to see what we see - a world in which those facing mobility challenges are people with full, exciting lives, like 94 year-old former professional dancer Anne, who still takes dance class with the help of her red walker or my friend Denise who doesn't let ALS stop her from going to Antarctica to photograph the penguins," says Chen. "I am personally inspired by them and I want others to be, too. And I want the world to start viewing our customers with the respect and dignity that they deserve."
NOVA specializes in brightly colored and patterned walkers, canes and wheelchairs along with all the accessories needed to lead an active life. By designing equipment that is both stylish and functional, NOVA is changing the way people face mobility challenges every day. Chen also provides customers and retailers with "Mobility Makeover Solutions" finding the right products to fit her clients' lifestyles, maximizing mobility, function and style. Chen believes that providing well designed and visually appealing products will encourage people to use the mobility aids they need. NOVA products include red and purple walkers, floral and animal print bags and seat covers, plaid transport chairs, colorfully patterned canes, and more.
NOVA is a leading innovator and manufacturer of Mobility, Bathroom Safety, and Independent Living products including designer canes, rolling walkers, transport chairs, wheelchairs, and mobility accessories. Since 1993, NOVA has grown organically with a strong foundation and fundamental values of service, quality and integrity. NOVA's goal and mission is to provide and service superior quality products with great function and fashion for people to live a healthy, independent, and beautiful lifestyle. Our commitment to caring and providing exceptional service is represented by our extraordinary staff, excellent warranty and product service program, consumer and dealer education, product innovation, and charitable contributions locally, nationally and internationally. Although our customers may have physical challenges, beyond their physical being is a heart with tremendous strength, a mind full of wisdom, and a spirit that is determined. We are dedicated to unleashing the potential of our customers.
- 1: Get Your Life Back - $50,000 Caregiving Makeover Contest : Physicians Choice Insurance Service (2011/06/14)
- 2: Innovative Design Competition Shines Spotlight on Spinal Injuries : Kim Wan (2019/10/11)
- 3: Visions For The Future of Mobility Unveiled at CES : RTPR (2019/01/09)
- 4: Knowbility OpenAIR Accessibility Internet Rally Competition : Knowbility, Inc. (2014/10/17)
- 5: Accessibility Innovation Showcase Competition - Helping Innovators Improve Lives of People with Disabilities : Ontario Centres of Excellence Inc. (2017/03/13)
- 6: Human Rights Video Contest Open to U.S. Students and Schools : American Federation of Teachers (AFT) (2017/01/30)
- 7: Maddak Inc. and Morph Wheels Most Inspirational Client Award : Maddak Inc. and Morph Wheels (2013/09/26)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.