Models of Diversity USA: Disabled Model Competition with Global Disability Inclusion
Author: Global Disability Inclusion : Contact: www.globaldisabilityinclusion.com
Synopsis and Key Points:
Models with disabilities walking runway during NY Fashion Week - Models of Diversity USA announces a disabled model competition with Global Disability Inclusion.
Models of Diversity USA and Global Disability Inclusion, LLC launch a model competition to find the next face of fashion and beauty who just happens to have a disability. The model competition will run from February 27th through April 10th, 2015 - with winners being announced on Friday, May 1st.
The model competition is housed on Facebook;
One male and one female model will be chosen to be the new face of Models of Diversity.
Winners will receive a cash prize, an interview on Simply She, designer clothes, and more!
Judges will participate from Models of Diversity, Global Disability Inclusion and celebrity judge Leslie Birkland from the TV show Big Rich Texas.
"We are excited to launch this competition with Global Disability Inclusion. The reception received after models with disabilities walked in NY Fashion week was tremendous and we knew the U.S. wanted more. Our goals is to change the way the world views disability. We hope all aspiring models with disabilities will enter," said Angel Sinclair, Models of Diversity Executive Director.
Models of Diversity (MoD) has been making waves in Europe since 2010, demonstrating to the world beauty comes in all shapes, colors, sizes and abilities. MoD models have been featured in several fashion and beauty campaigns, New York and in Milan Fashion weeks 2015.
In the United States there are 56 million people with disabilities, and according to the U.S. Department of Labor the discretionary spending power of those with disabilities in the U.S. is over $175 billion.
"We are thrilled to work with Models of Diversity to launch this competition. The market opportunity for businesses is tremendous, and we know companies that leverage individuals with disabilities in the workforce AND marketplace are at a competitive advantage. We want companies to recognize people with disabilities as a valuable consumer market," stated Meg O'Connell, Partner, Global Disability Inclusion.
The model competition is an exclusive event that has been put together by the strategic partnership between Models of Diversity and Global Disability Inclusion, LLC.
Global Disability Inclusion, LLC is management consulting firm bringing the world's most recognized experts together to provide one resource to address all disability inclusion needs domestically and abroad. Learn more about Global Disability Inclusion, LLC at www.GlobalDisabilityInclusion.com, connect on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GlobalDisabilityInclusion or follow @GlobalDisabilit on Twitter.
Models of Diversity is the campaign for more diversity. We call on the fashion, beauty and marketing industries to recognize beauty in people of all races, ages, shapes, sizes and abilities. Our mission is to change the face of fashion and modeling. www.modelsofdiversity.org, follow @modsofdiversity on Twitter.
- 1: Get Your Life Back - $50,000 Caregiving Makeover Contest : Physicians Choice Insurance Service (2011/06/14)
- 2: Innovative Design Competition Shines Spotlight on Spinal Injuries : Kim Wan (2019/10/11)
- 3: Visions For The Future of Mobility Unveiled at CES : RTPR (2019/01/09)
- 4: Knowbility OpenAIR Accessibility Internet Rally Competition : Knowbility, Inc. (2014/10/17)
- 5: Accessibility Innovation Showcase Competition - Helping Innovators Improve Lives of People with Disabilities : Ontario Centres of Excellence Inc. (2017/03/13)
- 6: Human Rights Video Contest Open to U.S. Students and Schools : American Federation of Teachers (AFT) (2017/01/30)
- 7: Maddak Inc. and Morph Wheels Most Inspirational Client Award : Maddak Inc. and Morph Wheels (2013/09/26)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.