Send a Student with Special Needs to Morgan's Wonderland
Author: PCI Education
Published: 2010-09-27 : (Rev. 2015-12-06)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Contest Asks Teachers to Nominate Student and Family for Free Trip to Worlds First Ultra-Accessible Fun Park.
Contest Asks Teachers to Nominate Student and Family for Free Trip to World's First Ultra-Accessible Fun Park.
Teachers have less than 10 days to nominate a student and his or her family for a chance to win a free trip to Morgan's Wonderland, the world's first ultra-accessible family fun park. Sponsored by Morgan's Wonderland, PCI Education and WeAreTeachers, the back-to-school contest honors special education teachers and their students. In addition, the five teachers whose students garner the most votes will receive free educational products from PCI Education, the number-one provider of resources for students with special needs.
Located in San Antonio, Morgan's Wonderland is a 25-acre park designed specifically for children and adults with special needs, their families, caregivers, and friends. The park is completely wheelchair-accessible, and features more than 25 elements and attractions, including rides, playgrounds, gardens, and an eight-acre fishing lake. Morgan's Wonderland is a unique oasis that allows people of all abilities to play, learn and share life-changing experiences together in a fun and safe environment.
Online nominations will be accepted until Oct. 1 at WeAreTeachers, the online social and business networking community that brings together teachers, learners and content in the education industry. Voting will begin Oct. 4, when the submitted nominations will be posted online for public view. A panel of judges will review the ten nominees receiving the most votes from the WeAreTeachers community by Oct. 20, and select the grand prize winner, plus five runners-up.
The grand prize includes two days admission to Morgan's Wonderland, round-trip airfare to San Antonio and two nights hotel accommodations, a trip valued at approximately $5,000. The teacher who nominates the grand prize winner will receive a suite of PCI Education Curriculum products valued at $2,800, including the PCI Education Reading Program and the Environmental Print series. Teachers who nominated the five runners-up will select one of the following products from PCI Education: PCI Reading Program or Environmental Print Series.
For more information about the contest, visit www.pcieducation.com/mwpark
About Morgan's Wonderland - Morgan's Wonderland, the world's first family fun park designed with special-needs individuals of all ages in mind, features more than 25 elements and attractions including rides, playgrounds, gardens, an eight-acre fishing lake, 18,000-square-foot special-events center, 575-seat amphitheater, picnic area and rest areas throughout the park. For more information, visit www.MorgansWonderland.com. The non-profit park and nearby STAR Soccer Complex were created through the vision and leadership of The Gordon Hartman Family Foundation of San Antonio.
About PCI Education - PCI Education offers more than 7,500 instructional materials for a wide range of students with special needs, including significant or developmental disabilities such as autism. In addition, the company's products are used in English language learner and adult literacy classes, and to help students performing below grade level. Based in San Antonio, PCI Education has been helping educators lead students to success in school, at home and in the community since 1991. For more information, visit www.pcieducation.com or phone 800-594-4263.
About WeAreTeachers -WeAreTeachers (www.weareteachers.com) is a social and business community for educators, businesses, and education marketers designed to enable community members to share, connect, and collaborate using Web 2.0 tools and services. It is the first community to include The Knowledge Marketplace that gives both educators and businesses the ability to share, sell, and receive recommendations on knowledge-based content and products. WeAreTeachers is committed to giving back to the educator community by distributing tangible rewards through educator grants and incentives from transactions and sponsors in The Knowledge Marketplace.
- 1: Get Your Life Back - $50,000 Caregiving Makeover Contest : Physicians Choice Insurance Service (2011/06/14)
- 2: Innovative Design Competition Shines Spotlight on Spinal Injuries : Kim Wan (2019/10/11)
- 3: Visions For The Future of Mobility Unveiled at CES : RTPR (2019/01/09)
- 4: Knowbility OpenAIR Accessibility Internet Rally Competition : Knowbility, Inc. (2014/10/17)
- 5: Accessibility Innovation Showcase Competition - Helping Innovators Improve Lives of People with Disabilities : Ontario Centres of Excellence Inc. (2017/03/13)
- 6: Human Rights Video Contest Open to U.S. Students and Schools : American Federation of Teachers (AFT) (2017/01/30)
- 7: Maddak Inc. and Morph Wheels Most Inspirational Client Award : Maddak Inc. and Morph Wheels (2013/09/26)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.