I Can FLY Virtual Reality Initiative for Veterans with Disabilities
Author: BCAST(i) : Contact: Mike@bcast.com
Published: 2016-09-27 : (Rev. 2020-09-24)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Technology enables veterans with disabilities opportunity to enjoy 360 degree virtual reality live broadcasts.
Technology exists to enable veterans with disabilities the opportunity to enjoy 360 degree virtual reality live broadcasts that come as close to actually being immersed in the experience as is possible.
We intend to reach out across America and challenge everyone to help us generate exciting live streaming content in every subject imaginable using next generation 360 cameras.
Live Streaming Platform BCAST Launches "I Can FLY" Virtual Reality Initiative to Bring Veterans with Physical Disabilities - in Experience - Live Streaming Video
What is VR?
Virtual reality or virtual realities (VR), also known as immersive multimedia or computer simulated reality, is defined as computer technology that replicates an environment, real or imagined, and simulates a user's physical presence and environment to allow for user interaction. Virtual realities artificially create sensory experience, which can include sight, touch, hearing, and smell. The immersive environment can be similar to the real world in order to create lifelike experiences.
Social media live streaming platform BCAST announced today its launch of the "I Can Fly" initiative designed to use virtual reality to bring real life live Broadcast experiences to veterans with physical disabilities.
Mike Hodge-BCAST CEO Explains:
The technology now exists for us to enable veterans with disabilities the opportunity to enjoy 360 degree virtual reality live broadcasts that come as close to actually being immersed in the experience as is possible. Imagine an immobile disabled Veteran using a VR headset and BCAST being able to view live motorcycle racing, skiing, sky diving, mountain climbing, etc as if they were there.
We intend to reach out across America and challenge everyone to help us generate exciting live streaming content in every subject imaginable using next generation 360 cameras. Hopefully this will provide our VETs with disabilities in some small way a quality of life improvement.
BCAST will be partnering with a number of VR headset/camera manufacturers/ WebVR and action sports groups in an effort to work with our veterans to maximize the opportunity for them to enjoy this new technology.
BCAST Labs have two divisions: Consumer-focused on creative programming and Public Safety.
They are founded on the principal of using new ideas, methodologies and emerging video technologies such as 360/Virtual Reality and artificial intelligence to bring novel new uses of video to every day life in valuable ways historically unavailable. In this way, with a clarity of purpose, they seek to use their technology platform to genuinely enhance peoples lives in the areas of social media, arts, news, public safety and emergency response.
Their intent is to leverage the newly emerging 5G broadband and to grow as a developer of useful video products for everyday use including individual security, live streaming and augmented reality delivered to VR devices, mobile devices, the web and smart TV's.
- The BCAST Platform is free of charge to use.
- BCAST has targeted November 11th, 2016 -Veterans day-as the official launch date for the: "I Can Fly" initiative.
- BCAST is a cloud based mobile social broadcasting network/platform which provides "live" broadcasting capabilities to and from mobile devices, the web and smart TV's with a focus on sports, celebrities and new.
BCAST is now available in the iOS App Store, on Google Play and on the web at www.bcast.com
(i)Source/Reference: BCAST. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - Free Bubble Shooter Game: Includes Hints and Tips for Playing : Disabled World (2010/02/01)
- 2 - Yahtzee Dice Game: Play Free Online Yahtzee : Disabled World (2012/01/01)
- 3 - Play Master Cribbage Online Against Computer Opponent Jake : Disabled World (2010/11/14)
- 4 - Monoma: Training and Rehabilitation Via Games and Music : Filisia Interfaces (2015/03/03)
- 5 - I Can FLY Virtual Reality Initiative for Veterans with Disabilities : BCAST (2016/09/27)
- 6 - When Children Are Allowed TV, Video Games in Bedroom, School, Health and Behavior Suffer : Iowa State University (2017/09/26)
- 7 - Slot Machine Payouts Are Not Random - Here's Why : Jungle Jim (2014/03/11)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.