Author: Will Dawes
Published: 2008-12-28 : (Rev. 2017-12-24)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Digital scrapbooking is a method of showcasing your photographs and memories using a digital file instead of an ordinary scrap book.
Most people when thinking of scrapbooking, think of cutting pictures, using paper and borders to enhance the pictures, and adding stickers and journaling to make the perfect scrapbooking project.
With advances in computer technology you no longer have to pull out your glue and accessories, you can merely log onto to your digital scrapbooking software to make a perfect scrapbook project.
Electronic scrapbooking is a method of showcasing your photographs and memories using a digital file instead of an ordinary book. Instead of cutting and pasting you scan your photos in, and with the help of digital scrapbooking software you can manipulate the pictures, combine them with digital graphics, borders, frames, journaling, and more. These pictures can be printed in high resolution on quality paper and then just pasted into your traditional scrapbook. You can also save them onto CD's or DVD's to give to family and friends as gifts.
Easy to Use Digital Scrapbooking Software
A digital scrapbooking page is made by arranging digital or scanned photographs, and adding journaling as well as graphics, patterns and other digital effects through the use of a software program that is able to maneuver both graphics and text.
There are many digital scrapbooking software options out there, but you need to find one that suits your needs. If you are a beginner and already own a program such as PhotoShop then you should stick with the program you know and learn just the aspects of scrapbooking before taking on a whole new program.
The most popular software options available are Microsoft Picture It, Adobe PhotoShop, and JASC's Paint Shop Pro. Any of these programs will help you to crop, cut backgrounds, add text, change colors, add graphics, or even remove people from the photos if you are concentrating on just one person. Each of these programs has a bit of a learning curve so you may want to work with a trial version of each before deciding on which one to purchase.
If you intend to use your software for only digital scrapbooking and nothing else, then try easier solutions such as Hallmark, HP, or CK, with names such as Scrapbook Assistant, or Scrapbooking Studio. You'll find many versions of these popular names, all with different ideas and updates on how to scrapbook. They are very easy to master, but don't offer the flexibility of other programs that can do multiple tasks. If you are on a tight budget then check what software you may already have on your PC, as digital scrapbooking can be performed on even simple word processing packages, such as Microsoft Word.
It will take you time to learn any program, you just have to decide if you are looking for a more elaborate digital scrapbooking program or something that is simple to use. Do your research and you too can enter the world of digital scrapbooking. It is enjoyable, exciting, will add a new dimension to the traditional form of scrapbooking and offer you many wonderful choices and ideas.
- 1 - Learning to Fly a Paramotor in a Wheelchair : Paramotor Training (2020/05/13)
- 2 - Happy Potted Plants Delivered by People with Disability Bring Joy to Locals : The Australian Foundation for Disability (Afford) (2020/04/09)
- 3 - Flight Tracking: Listen to Air Traffic Control Radio : Disabled World (2009/01/21)
- 4 - Listen and Track Space Station Space Shuttle and Satellites : Disabled World (2009/01/21)
- 5 - Piloting RC Plane with Toes in Time to Music Played Using Hands Video : Disabled World (2020/04/03)
- 6 - Pilots with Disabilities and Flying with Disability : Disabled World (2009/04/10)
- 7 - Amateur (Ham) Radio Information for Persons with Disability : Disabled World (2012/09/13)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.