123GoTV - Gives Children Exercise While Watching TV
Synopsis and Key Points:
123GoTV device provides a home fitness solution to children to help fight obesity and encourages more physical activity and less TV watching.
Main Digest123GoTV launches in the consumer market today, providing an at-home fitness solution to children as well as a method for parents to encourage more activity and less TV.
123GoTV includes a bike trainer, generator, transmitter, and receiver. When installed using your child's own bike and your own TV, the TV screen will be paused. When the child pedals the bike, a small generator senses the motion and turns on a signal that tells the TV to allow the programming. If the child stops pedaling, so does the programming.
Founder Margie Mullen devised the idea for 123GoTV after observing her son's two great passions. "My son loves to bike and he loves to watch TV. We often find ourselves saying, 'Ride your bike outside when the sun is shining, and then you can watch TV later,' using both together as reward and incentive."
"Behaviorists coined this 'Grandma's Rule.' For example, Grandma might say, "You can have your dessert after you finish your supper!" says Dr. Stephanie Peterson, a behavioral professor at Western Michigan University.
The bike trainer is manufactured by Huffy, makers of children's bikes. It is the only bike trainer in the market for children; the primary difference being it is smaller and engineered to securely hold a child on a child-sized bike.
Although everyone has different television set ups, most have some kind of programming feed coming into the house - cable, satellite - and the 123GoTV receiver installs simply between the programming cable coming into the house and the cable / satellite box that is attached to the TV.
123GoTV retails for $249 and is available exclusively at 123GoTV.com. In addition to product information 123GoTV.com also hosts a blog dedicated to discussion on keeping children fit.
123GoTV is a product of KidExerciser, Inc. KidExerciser's mission is to fight childhood obesity by keeping children fit - www.123GoTV.com
- 1: Childhood Obesity Calorie Calculator : Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health (2012/08/15)
- 2: How Teenage Boys Perceive Their Weight : Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (2014/11/20)
- 3: Obesity NOT a Disability According to Most Doctors on SERMO : SERMO (2015/01/15)
- 4: Teen BMI Weight Linked to Heart Failure Risk in Early Middle Age : European Society of Cardiology (2016/06/17)
- 5: Obesity Rate Difference in Children With and Without Autism : Tufts University, Health Sciences Campus (2016/10/17)
- 6: Americans Getting Even Fatter : Northwestern University News Center (2011/11/16)
- 7: Evaluation of Transdisciplinary Obesity Prevention Program Examines Transdisciplinary Doctoral Training Program : University of Illinois College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (2018/02/27)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.