123GoTV - Gives Children Exercise While Watching TV
Published : 2011-05-24
Author : KidExerciser
🛈 Synopsis : 123GoTV device provides a home fitness solution to children to help fight obesity and encourages more physical activity and less TV watching.
Main Digest123GoTV launches in the consumer market today, providing an at-home fitness solution to children as well as a method for parents to encourage more activity and less TV.
123GoTV includes a bike trainer, generator, transmitter, and receiver. When installed using your child's own bike and your own TV, the TV screen will be paused. When the child pedals the bike, a small generator senses the motion and turns on a signal that tells the TV to allow the programming. If the child stops pedaling, so does the programming.
Founder Margie Mullen devised the idea for 123GoTV after observing her son's two great passions. "My son loves to bike and he loves to watch TV. We often find ourselves saying, 'Ride your bike outside when the sun is shining, and then you can watch TV later,' using both together as reward and incentive."
"Behaviorists coined this 'Grandma's Rule.' For example, Grandma might say, "You can have your dessert after you finish your supper!" says Dr. Stephanie Peterson, a behavioral professor at Western Michigan University.
The bike trainer is manufactured by Huffy, makers of children's bikes. It is the only bike trainer in the market for children; the primary difference being it is smaller and engineered to securely hold a child on a child-sized bike.
Although everyone has different television set ups, most have some kind of programming feed coming into the house - cable, satellite - and the 123GoTV receiver installs simply between the programming cable coming into the house and the cable / satellite box that is attached to the TV.
123GoTV retails for $249 and is available exclusively at 123GoTV.com. In addition to product information 123GoTV.com also hosts a blog dedicated to discussion on keeping children fit.
123GoTV is a product of KidExerciser, Inc. KidExerciser's mission is to fight childhood obesity by keeping children fit - www.123GoTV.com
Related Childhood Obesity Documents
- 1: Childhood Obesity Calorie Calculator : Caloric Calculator for policymakers, school district administrators, and others to assess potential impact of health policy choices on childhood obesity.
- 2: How Teenage Boys Perceive Their Weight : Study shows almost a third of male adolescents inaccurately perceive their weight, which can influence eating habits and health.
- 3: Obesity NOT a Disability According to Most Doctors on SERMO : The vast majority of U.S. doctors disagree with European Union ruling claiming obesity is a disability, believing governments should invest in curbing, not enabling, the obesity epidemic.
- 4: Teen BMI Weight Linked to Heart Failure Risk in Early Middle Age : Findings show importance of body weight in adolescence and suggest more emphasis be placed on maintenance of a healthy body weight from early age as preventive measure.
- 5: Obesity Rate Difference in Children With and Without Autism : Understanding age-related changes could help prevent and treat obesity in adolescents with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: KidExerciser. Electronic Publication Date: 2011-05-24. Title: 123GoTV - Gives Children Exercise While Watching TV, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/fitness/child-obesity/123gotv.php>123GoTV - Gives Children Exercise While Watching TV</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-11, from https://www.disabled-world.com/fitness/child-obesity/123gotv.php - Reference: DW#299-7744.