The color of the obesity, including childhood obesity, awareness ribbon is yellow. The month of September is National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month - President Barack Obama proclaimed September as National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month, encouraging Americans to help our youth lead more physically active lifestyles and make healthier food choices. Childhood obesity has increased more than fourfold among those ages 6 to 11. More than 23 million children and teenagers in the United States ages 2 to 19 are obese or overweight.
Quick Facts: Weight Loss
- Dietary supplements, though widely used, are not considered a healthy option for weight loss.
- Bariatric surgery may be indicated in cases of severe obesity.
- According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), healthy individuals seeking to maintain their weight should consume 2,000 calories (8.4 MJ) per day.
- Low-calorie regimen diets are also referred to as balanced percentage diets.
- Weight loss in individuals who are overweight or obese can reduce health risks, increase fitness,and may delay the onset of diabetes.
- Weight gain has been associated with excessive consumption of fats, sugars, carbohydrates in general, and alcohol consumption.
- The least intrusive weight loss methods, and those most often recommended, are adjustments to eating patterns and increased physical activity, generally in the form of exercise.
- A crash diet is the willful restriction of nutritional intake (except water) for more than 12 waking hours.
- Weight loss occurs when the body is expending more energy in work and metabolism than it is absorbing from food or other nutrients.
Lose Face Fat, Double Chin, Loose Jowls and Look Healthier - Simon Bowen - (2011-01-31)
Getting Rid of Flabby Loose Skin After Weight Loss - Ian Langtree - (2014-05-27)
Weight Loss Planning Calculator for Women and Men - Ian Langtree - (2010-12-26)
Latest Weight Loss Information Publications
- Better to Be Shaped Like a Pear Than an Apple
Waist circumference is a stronger predictor of heart disease in diabetics than either overall body weight or body mass index.
- Belly Fat - Heart Failure Risk Increases With Waistline
Research on obesity combined with an ageing population shows clear correlation between higher BMI, waist circumference and risk of heart failure.
- Obesity Treatments: Ways to Lose Excess Weight
Information regarding types of obesity treatment for those who have trouble losing weight and keeping it off.
- The Health Risks of Obesity
Article looks at the health risks of obesity including obesity related diseases and healthy lifestyle changes.
- Obesity: Health Dangers of Being Overweight
Information regarding some of the health conditions often caused by improper eating and being overweight.
Click Here for Full List (18 Items)
Loan Information for low income singles, families, seniors and disabled. Includes home, vehicle and personal loans.