How to Lose Weight by Eating More Often
Author: Linda Moore - www.herbalweightlossteas.com
Published: 2010-05-16 - (Updated: 2013-06-07)
If you are going to change your eating habits you need to make sure that you have healthy foods to choose from.
Main DigestOne of the traditions many families practice is eating three meals a day. However, it isn't just eating those three meals. It's eating large portions of food within those meals.
Even though this has been ingrained in us, this method is not effective for losing weight.
What happens when we only eat three meals a day, is that our bodies may not be able to handle going numerous hours without having any food. This works against you because when the body goes long periods without food, it begins to store fat. Snacking is a great way to prevent this, but the food choices we make aren't always the best. When people eat three meals a day, there is also the likelihood when you do eat; you are so hungry that you eat more than you should.
So how can we increase our chances of surviving a weight loss program? Well, simple, we have to make gradual lifestyle changes.
1. Eat Healthier
If you are going to change your eating habits, you need to make sure that you have healthy foods to choose from. You also need to make sure you have a good variety as well. Go to the store and purchase foods with whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables.
2. Have a Plan
The best way to start eating often is to write down the foods you will eat that day. This method helps to put food you will eat into perspective. It also helps you keep track of what you need to buy at the grocery store.
3. Stay on Top of Eating every Couple of Hours
The best way to stick to your weight loss plan is to organize a time everyday when you will eat. This will help you by setting an internal clock and you will remember when to eat. Your body will get used to this after a few weeks. It will work like clockwork.
4. Stick to your Meal Plan
By eating five well-portioned meals, your body should have enough fuel. Avoid eating anything that is outside of your five meals. Get rid of any high fat, high sugar and high salt foods. These often trigger food cravings. The point here is to stick to eating a good amount of plant-based foods, which will help curb cravings.
5. Keep your Food and Drink Separate
Your body will be fuller faster when you drink water with your meal. You can also drink a little cup of water or weight loss tea prior to eating. After you eat, you can also follow up with another cup of tea.
- 1 - How the Western Diet Leads to Overeating and Obesity : University of California - Riverside (2017/01/23)
- 2 - Does Eating Before Sleeping Cause Weight Gain? : Disabled World (2011/08/08)
- 3 - What Does it Take to Burn off Calories If I Eat or Drink a Food Item : Disabled World (2018/09/08)
- 4 - The Dieter's Paradox: Adding Negative Calorie Food to a Meal : Kellogg School of Management (2010/09/20)
- 5 - Can Beer Consumption Be Part of a Healthy Diet? : AAEA (2017/11/06)
- 6 - The Mediterranean Diet: Facts and Information : Disabled World (2014/07/14)
- 7 - Is BMI an Accurate Indicator of Body Fat? : Disabled World (2017/12/23)