Fat-to-Fit Weight Loss Challenge
Synopsis and Key Points:
Fat-to-Fit Summer Weight Loss Challenge is an online program challenging and supporting people to make positive permanent life changes to improve their diet and health.
Main DigestAARP Launches Third Annual "Fat-to-Fit" Weight Loss Challenge - Contest will Help People Track Weight Loss and Guide their Lifestyle Changes in an Eight-Week Program.
Today marks the start of AARP's third annual "Fat-to-Fit Summer Weight Loss Challenge," an online program challenging and supporting people to make positive, permanent life changes to improve their health. The Fat-to-Fit challenge is a program any individual can join at www.aarp.org/fat2fit. Those participating in the challenge will receive eight weeks of guidance online from fitness expert and author, Carole Carson. A Nevada City, Calif. resident, Carson lost more than 60 pounds at age 60.
"It's no secret our country is facing a national obesity epidemic and a host of health problems because of it. This program is designed to not only help people lose weight, but also offer them an ongoing support system along with tools, resources and advice from people facing similar challenges," said Carole Carson, AARP Fitness Coach. "Most of us know what we need to do but we need help making lifestyle changes. The Fat-to-Fit community will help you make new friends as you learn how to incorporate exercise into your schedule, find an exercise that fits your specific needs, cut calories, and eat to live a longer, healthier life."
Studies show people are more likely to stick to exercise plans when they have support. The Fat-to-Fit program will focus on personal interaction with both Carson and other participants through the Fat-to-Fit online community of more than 18,000 members. Challengers will be able to access free diet and fitness tips, Carson's columns and blogs, videos, recipes and more. They are urged to post frequent updates and to exchange ideas, encouragement, recipes and moral support.
The challenge runs through July 9, 2011, and visitors to AARP's Website (www.aarp.org) can register to join throughout the duration of the challenge. Carson will select weekly small-prize winners and, at the end of the program, she will select three overall winners. Winners will be chosen based on three criteria: serving as a role model for the entire community, facing and overcoming challenges, and demonstrating the principles of the Fat-to-Fit program. Official rules and details are available at www.aarp.org/fat2fit.
About AARP -AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization with a membership that helps people 50+ have independence, choice and control in ways that are beneficial and affordable to them and society as a whole. AARP does not endorse candidates for public office or make contributions to either political campaigns or candidates. We produce AARP The Magazine, the definitive voice for 50+ Americans and the world's largest-circulation magazine with nearly 35 million readers; AARP Bulletin, the go-to news source for AARP's millions of members and Americans 50+; AARP VIVA, the only bilingual U.S. publication dedicated exclusively to the 50+ Hispanic community; and our website, AARP.org. AARP Foundation is an affiliated charity that provides security, protection, and empowerment to older persons in need with support from thousands of volunteers, donors, and sponsors. We have staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- 1 - How the Western Diet Leads to Overeating and Obesity : University of California - Riverside (2017/01/23)
- 2 - Does Eating Before Sleeping Cause Weight Gain? : Disabled World (2011/08/08)
- 3 - What Does it Take to Burn off Calories If I Eat or Drink a Food Item : Disabled World (2018/09/08)
- 4 - The Dieter's Paradox: Adding Negative Calorie Food to a Meal : Kellogg School of Management (2010/09/20)
- 5 - Can Beer Consumption Be Part of a Healthy Diet? : AAEA (2017/11/06)
- 6 - The Mediterranean Diet: Facts and Information : Disabled World (2014/07/14)
- 7 - Is BMI an Accurate Indicator of Body Fat? : Disabled World (2017/12/23)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.