When You First Start a Diet: Things You Need to Know
Author: Linda Moore
Published: 2010-05-16 : (Rev. 2012-09-17)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Tips you can follow to help you on your way towards weight loss that lasts.
Main DigestTips you can follow to help you on your way towards weight loss that lasts.
You have concluded that the time has now come for you to lose those unwanted pounds. Often people find themselves a little overwhelmed with choosing the right diet for them because there are so many choices. There may be one that celebrities endorse. Then there are other diets that seem incredibly complicated. The truth is, when you are ready to lose weight all you need is the inner determination, drive, and the ability to exercise and eat the right types of foods. Here are some tips you can follow to help you on your way towards weight loss that lasts.
Get on the Scale
In order to get started on your weight loss journey, you will need to find out how much you weigh. This will help you enact a plan to set some goals for yourself. Get on the scale. Have a pen and in your weight loss journal write down how much you weigh. Figure out how much weight you want to lose.
Here is what you do:
- Write down your starting weight
- How much weight you want to lose
- Make weekly weight loss goals
Writing down these numbers are pivotal points that will serve as motivators for you and your weight loss goals. It also helps you put your diet into perspective and keeps you on track towards hitting designated goals.
Ransack the Kitchen
When you have made it up in your mind that you have goals you want to meet, go into the kitchen and give it a good Spring-cleaning. Take out all foods that contain empty calories. These are foods with high amounts of sugars and loads of saturated fats. You will also want to stop eating at fast food restaurants. Once you have cleaned out all of the bad food in your cupboards, replace the food with fruits, vegetables and other high fiber, lower fat foods.
Start an Exercise Routine
You will also want to incorporate some form of daily exercise to your weight loss routine. Finding different activities you like to do and changing it up is a great way to jump-start weight loss. You can start out slow; walking to lose weight is a good place to start. Once you have started doing this for a while, you will want to slowly enhance your workout. You can start speed walking or running. This will help you to burn fat and keep your metabolism active, which helps to shed pounds.
- 1 - How the Western Diet Leads to Overeating and Obesity : University of California - Riverside (2017/01/23)
- 2 - Does Eating Before Sleeping Cause Weight Gain? : Disabled World (2011/08/08)
- 3 - What Does it Take to Burn off Calories If I Eat or Drink a Food Item : Disabled World (2018/09/08)
- 4 - The Dieter's Paradox: Adding Negative Calorie Food to a Meal : Kellogg School of Management (2010/09/20)
- 5 - Can Beer Consumption Be Part of a Healthy Diet? : AAEA (2017/11/06)
- 6 - The Mediterranean Diet: Facts and Information : Disabled World (2014/07/14)
- 7 - Is BMI an Accurate Indicator of Body Fat? : Disabled World (2017/12/23)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.