Weight Loss Exercises: Hints & Tips on Losing Weight the Right Way
Disabled World (disabled-world.com)
Revised/Updated: Tuesday, 17th March 2015
Synopsis and Key Points:
Exercises for seniors people with a disability and anyone wishing to lose excess weight by various weight loss exercises.
Obesity and being overweight is a problem all over the world, especially in the United States with over 200 million Americans classified as overweight. These people have a critical risk of developing serious chronic diseases, early disability and even death as a result of being overweight.
Losing weight has become an important issue for a number of people.
You can know whether you are obese or over weight by calculating your body mass index. This is one of the scales that are used by the doctors to calculate whether you are obese or not.
In order to stay motivated, we need to make a list of the reasons we are determined to lose weight. Looking good on the outside can be a motivating factor, but for those of us who are middle-aged, failing health can really light a fire under us. When the doctor utters those words, "You need to change your ways or else!" that's when we start realizing that our appearance is probably the least of our problems. Early death or disability is a much bigger problem, and a reason to change our habits before it's too late.
You can do the mild aerobic exercises in the beginning so as to not over strain your self. With time you can start doing the heavier and the difficult exercises for weight loss. Bending the body and shrinking the muscles of the abdomen is an easy way of burning the abdominal fat. You can do this weight loss exercise to get rid of the bulk around your tummy.
These fast weight exercise are great for fat burning and will also boost your bodies general fitness.
Remember high intensity is the key.
To burn fat you have to get your heart rate up, this will ensure your burning fat. You have to make the effort, nobody said weight loss was easy. One thing I do recommend is carry out these weight loss exercises with a partner. Having a weight loss partner is great for motivation.
Most people live in a house, townhouse, condo, or apartment that have stairs in it or really close by. USE THEM. This is beyond simple. All I want you to do is walk up the stairs and walk back down. Keep doing that. Over and over and over. Do this for AT LEAST 15 minutes before you stop. Don't stop while doing this. If you can do this for 20-25 minutes, even better. I suggest you do this 5 to 6 days a week.
Helpful since you burn your fats faster compared to walking but you must be careful when you jog as this should never be overdone.
Doing sit-ups is another of our top 10 fast but easy weight loss exercises as it is really good for our fat bellies.
You can do these however you want, you just need to do 200 everyday.
I recommend that you start doing 25 as fast as you can. Then take a rest. Then repeat. Keep doing sets of 25 until you've done all 200. It's not as hard or time consuming as it seems. Try it. It peels off fat quickly.
The secret is to walk on some sort of incline. Of course, this could be a hill, but a treadmill works great for this as well. Just set it up to incline a bit. I prefer a 15-20 degree incline.
After a week increase your exercises.
Increase the length of time of your walks.
Try adding jogging into your program.
Jogging in between walking will increase your heart rate and fat burning level. Remember keep your heart rate up.
Along with the weight loss exercises you should take care of the diet and strictly avoid the intake of high calorie foods or the high fat content foods. The use of the low carbohydrate and the low fat food can definitely help you achieve your target of weight loss.
There are some individuals who may find that it is difficult for them to lose weight through traditional means. This is because they may have a disability or they are so obese that exercise can't be done. Eating alone won't take care of the job. If that is the case, then something such as lap band surgery is an option. However, if you do have a disability and are unable to walk it is still possible to eat healthy and exercise.
- Sound, balanced weight management programs bring together three critical components of long-term weight management success: nutrition, exercise and lifestyle change.
- A number of factors such as your age, genes, medicines, and lifestyle habits can affect your weight.
- Someone who increases the amount they exercise, but maintains the same diet and calorie intake, will almost certainly lose weight.
- Lifting weights or doing activities like push-ups and crunches on a regular basis can help you build strong muscles, which can help you burn more calories.
- Start with just a few minutes of exercise at a time. Any exercise is better than none, and that helps your body slowly get used to being active.
- The two major players in the weight-loss battle are diet and exercise.
- Ninety percent of people who have successfully lost weight and kept it off for a year do about an hour of physical activity a day.
- While guidelines suggest 1 to 2 pounds of weight loss a week, you should set a goal that is both realistic and manageable for your lifestyle and fitness level.
- Working out has been proven time and time again to help regulate mood, which has a direct effect on people who eat when they're stressed or upset.
- Skipping meals may make you feel hungrier and lead you to eat more than you normally would at your next meal.
- When you burn more calories than you consume, you lose weight.
- The healthiest way to lose weight is neither crash diets nor bursts of exercise. The body likes slow changes in terms of food and exercise.
- Small changes can make a big difference. One extra cookie a week can lead you to gain 5lb a year
- People who exercise and diet are actually less hungry than those who only diet, according to a study in the journal Obesity. Bonus: Your self-restraint is higher, too.
Subtopics and Associated Subjects
- 1 - Lose Fat Fast: Target Body Weight Loss Areas : Daniel Murray (2013/05/31)
- 2 - Weight Loss and Walking Essential for Obese Seniors : Wake Forest University (2011/01/24)
- 3 - Early High Physical Activity Lessens Middle Age Weight Gain : JAMA and Archives Journals (2010/12/15)
- 4 - Core Muscles and Exercises for Core Muscle Groups : Disabled World (2010/06/02)
- 5 - Lose Weight Fast for Lasting Results Suggests New Study : Springer (2010/05/06)
- 6 - Weight Loss Motivation : Elsevier Health Sciences (2010/04/26)
- 7 - Losing Weight Does Not Equal Physical Fitness : Matt Denos, PhD (2010/03/29)
Weight Loss Exercises: Full Document List
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.