Seniors and Disability Yoga Exercises and Information Document List
Updated/Revised Date : 2018-11-29
Author : Disabled World - Contact: (www.disabled-world.com)
🛈 Although some of these documents from our Yoga category may have since been updated, re-written, replaced, or revised, they are sorted below by their original publish date. The most recent publications are listed at the top of the table with older articles being listed in descending order by the date they were created.
You can also receive our latest related publications by subscribing to our Yoga RSS feed.
List of Yoga Publications:
- 1 - Live Seated Yoga Classes for Seniors and Disabled : Adaptive Yoga Network (2020/04/27)
- 2 - Yoga Found to be Helpful for Lower Back Pain : UM SOM (2017/02/07)
- 3 - Chair Yoga Effective Alternative Treatment for Osteoarthritis : Florida Atlantic University (2017/01/12)
- 4 - Yoga for Men Announces Yoga for Veterans Program : Yoga for Men, LLC (2016/11/10)
- 5 - Yoga for Arthritis Symptoms & Mood : Johns Hopkins Medicine (2015/09/16)
- 6 - Survey Finds Both Benefits and Risks of Yoga for Bipolar Disorder : Brown University (2014/09/26)
- 7 - Women with Urinary Incontinence May Get Relief from Yoga : University of California - San Francisco (2014/04/28)
- 8 - Accessible Yoga for the Blind with Microsoft Kinect-based Program : University of Washington (2013/10/17)
- 9 - Laughter Yoga - Good Medicine for Seniors : Disabled World (2012/11/18)
- 10 - Laughter Yoga Specialist Serves People with Disabilities : Veronica Appleton (2012/08/16)
- 11 - Stroke Survivors Use Yoga to Improve Balance : American Heart Association (2012/08/01)
- 12 - Yoga Helps Senior Stroke Victims Improve Balance and Endurance : Indiana University (2011/06/07)
- 13 - Benefits of Yoga for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia : European League Against Rheumatism (2011/05/26)
- 14 - Research Suggests Yoga can Counteract Fibromyalgia : Oregon Health & Science University (2010/10/14)
- 15 - Connection Between Yoga and Mood : Boston University Medical Center (2010/08/19)
- 16 - Yoga for Breast Cancer Survivors Improves Recovery : University of Alberta (2010/08/17)
- 17 - Hypnotic Yoga Breathing Exercise : Jon Rhodes (2010/07/31)
- 18 - Benefits of Yoga for Children with Special Needs : Elahi Childrens Yoga (2010/03/26)
- 19 - Using Yoga to Relieve Back Pain : Yoga (2010/01/31)
- 20 - Yoga Reduces Inflammation Due to Aging and Stress : Ohio State University (2010/01/11)
- 21 - Yoga on Nintendo Wii - Anja Rubik's Commitment to Yoga for Wii : JoWooD Productions Software AG (2009/10/09)
- 22 - Yoga Provides Benefits to Women with Breast Cancer : Wiley-Blackwell (2009/02/25)
- 23 - Yoga Breathing for Stress Reduction : Bradley Kapture (2009/02/12)
- 24 - Yoga For Diabetes - Food Choices : Bradley Kapture (2009/02/12)
- 25 - Yoga For Diabetes - Create Health : Bradley Kapture (2009/02/12)
- 26 - Yoga Exercises for Diabetes - Manage Blood Sugars : Bradley Kapture (2009/02/12)
- 27 - Complete Workout with Three Yoga Exercises : Summer N Banks (2009/02/12)
In Other Disability News
- 1 - COVID-19 Vaccine (in)equity No Right of Way for EU Disabled : National vaccination strategies do not have clear-cut criteria for prioritising persons with disabilities (PWDs) to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- 2 - Pinwheels and Prevention (Childhood Abuse Prevention Month) : Article by Tsara Shelton looks at the month of April being Child Abuse Prevention, Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention as well as Autism Acceptance Month.
- 3 - Hidden Grief by Kathleen M. Cleaver : Article by Kathleen M. Cleaver, the parent of Tricia who has multiple disabilities caused by hypoxia during the birth process.
- 4 - Medical Triage Explanation and Tag Color Chart : Chart and information concerning medical triage, the process of determining priority of patient treatment by severity of condition or likelihood of recovery with and without treatment.
- 5 - Children with Disabilities Often Invisible, Not Heard and Not Counted : Mind the Gap research reveals children with disability are often invisible, as they are overlooked in many child and disability focused laws, policies and programs.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Disabled World. Revised Publication Date: 2018-11-29. Title: Seniors and Disability Yoga Exercises and Information, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/fitness/exercise/yoga-2/>Yoga</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-12, from https://www.disabled-world.com/fitness/exercise/yoga-2/ - Reference: DW#CAT2-240-E.