Tips to Boost Your Metabolic Process
Author: Disabled World
Contact : www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2009-06-25 - (Updated: 2020-03-25)
Having a high level of metabolism enables one to burn off fat and lose weight quickly with the smallest amount of activity.
- the metabolism of a individual include muscle tissue, frequency of the meals, genetics stress levels, diet and activity levels.
- Stress, be it physical or emotional, triggers the release of a steroid called cortisol, which decreases metabolic process.
There are a lot of people who would give a great deal to increase their metabolic process. Having a high level of metabolism enables one to burn off fat and lose weight quickly with the smallest amount of activity. Metabolism is the rate by which the human body produces and consumes energy and calories to sustain life.
There are various elements that impact the metabolism of a individual, such as the amount of muscle tissue, the relative frequency of the meals one eats, genetics, stress levels, personal diet and activeness levels.
Metabolism can decelerate due to:
- Loss of muscular tissue because of not enough physical activity
- The drop-off of physical activity that comes of course with old age
- Tendency of the body to cannibalize its own tissue since there is not adequate food energy to sustain it
Balanced diet. Seesaw with food on one end and a person on the other end. Slogan reads; Energy in (eat) equals Energy out (exercise).
Ways to Up Your Metabolism Level
Build up on lean, mean body mass
It's only natural that metabolism lessens along with age, but it's possible to counter the results. The amount of muscle a individual has is a very strong determining factor in the ability to burn calories and drop fatty tissue. So it goes without saying that exercise is of the essence.
Build strength and resistance by exercising at the least twice a week, preferably with weights. Do easy exercises in between workouts. Simple projects such as walking the dog and using the stairs in stead of the elevator can already take off calories. The key is to match the amount of eating to the amount of activity one has. Here are some rules of thumb in getting the correct exercise:
For strength training:
- Increase the amount of repetitions of a specific exercise.
- Add the level of resistance
- Employ advanced workout techniques whenever possible
For cardiovascular training:
- Insert intervals between exercises
- Do cross-training and combine the exercises
- Add up on resistance and speed
Many people are discounting the truth that breakfast is the most significant meal of the day.
Amazingly, the ones who eat breakfast are thinner than the ones who don't.
Metabolic process can slow down substantially if breakfast is taken during mid-morning or if one waits until the afternoon to eat.
Avoid refined sugar
Sugar enables the body to store fat.
It is recommended that a person eats food that helps maintain an even level of blood-sugar.
In addition, progressive exercise 2-3 times a week should be called for to stabilize blood sugar.
Consume spicy foods
Hot cuisine with peppers can increase metabolic processes.
According to research, it's riskier for people who don't get enough sleep to gain weight.
Your muscles are rejuvenated during the last couple of hours of sleep.
Increase your water consumption
Water purges out toxins that are brought about whenever the body burns fat.
The majority of bodily process involves water, and lack of water causes the body system's operations to lessen its speed, and produces unnecessary stress as a result.
Consume smaller meals
It's advisable to eat 4 to 6 small meals that are timed 2 to 3 hours apart.
Never cut meals
People tend to skip meals in order to slim down, which is a bad mistake since it slows down metabolism.
Plan meals in detail
Always cook the correct quantity of food to be ingested at the assigned intervals.
Do not commit the error of eating meals in sporadic patterns.
Get rid of the stress!
Stress, be it physical or emotional, triggers the release of a steroid called cortisol, which decreases metabolic process.
In addition, people tend to eat excessively when stressed.
Drink more green tea
Green tea can be used as a replacement for coffee.
Tea has the power to stimulate metabolism, and unlike coffee, it has no undesirable side effects when a lot is ingested.
Include energy foods in the diet, such as fruits, veggies, beans and whole grains
Attaining the desired body weight is never out of the question if one has the determination and patience called for to stabilize the metabolism level, which plays an crucial role in weight loss.
A person needs to recognize that eating correctly and working out is not just a passing fancy, but a way of life.
- 1 - Tips to Boost Your Metabolic Process : Disabled World (2009/06/25)
- 2 - Metabolic Syndrome (Syndrome X) Information : Thomas C. Weiss (2014/11/26)
- 3 - Boosting Metabolism: Lose Weight and Keep it Off : Linda Moore (2010/04/02)
- 4 - High Triglyceride Metabolism Study : Cell Press (2010/07/08)
- 5 - Human Metabolism Map : University of California - San Diego (2013/03/03)