Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Season 2
Author: Disabled World
Published: 2011-03-30 : (Rev. 2011-04-16)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Jamie Olivers Food Revolution Los Angeles is Back for Seconds with the Season 2 Premiere April 12.
Main DigestJamie Oliver's Food Revolution is Back for Seconds with the Season 2 Premiere, April 12 - The Emmy award-winning series returns to take on Los Angeles.
The food fight continues as Jamie Oliver, impassioned British chef, TV personality and best-selling author, brings his food revolution to Los Angeles in JAMIE OLIVER'S FOOD REVOLUTION, premiering Tuesday, April 12 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on /A\ (visit Atv.ca to confirm local broadcast times).
In the second season of the series, Jamie takes on his biggest challenge yet, attacking the problems of obesity, heart disease and diabetes in America by inviting viewers to take a stand and change the way America feeds itself at home and in schools.
New episodes are also available on demand the day following their television broadcast on the CTV Video Player at CTV.ca.
The EMMY® AWARD-winning series, JAMIE OLIVER'S FOOD REVOLUTION, is loosely based on Jamie's UK series, JAMIE'S MINISTRY OF FOOD and JAMIE'S SCHOOL DINNERS, which changed what British school children are fed in school.
In America, Jamie's turning his attention to helping people of all ages change their eating habits by learning to cook and choosing fresh food over processed in schools, homes, workplaces and even restaurants.
Last season Jamie took his food revolution to Huntington, West Virginia a small town of 50,000 people, which has been called the unhealthiest city in America. In the second season, Jamie brings his "food fight" to Los Angeles, California, a city of 11 million people known for its Hollywood stars and healthy living. However, behind the glamor, lives a city full of people consuming fast food and processed meals.
In the Season 2 premiere (Tuesday, April 12 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on /A\), Jamie is raising the stakes for his food revolution but almost immediately has to rethink his approach when the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), the nation's second-largest school district, slams the door in his face. Jamie's first order of business is winning the support of the parents and teachers in hopes of appealing the LAUSD decision to lock him out of the school lunch program.
- 1: List of Healthy Food You Should be Eating : Michelle Toole (2010/06/09)
- 2: Fruit, Vegetables, Grains and Nuts Help Lower Stroke Risk : American Heart Association (2014/10/31)
- 3: Health Consequences of Malnutrition : Thomas C. Weiss (2016/01/22)
- 4: Health Benefits of Beet Juice for Muscles : Penn State (2015/01/21)
- 5: Making a Healthier Homemade Pizza : Thomas C. Weiss (2015/01/20)
- 6: Diet Soda and Artificial Sweeteners Bad For Health : Thomas C. Weiss (2014/04/08)
- 7: Eggs and Cholesterol Good for You or Not? : Thomas C. Weiss (2016/01/12)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.