Benefits of Cucumber for Healthy Skin and Eyes
Author: Disabled World : Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2018-03-13 : (Rev. 2019-03-13)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Cucumber can help in treating many skin problems, it has become part of daily beauty products and routine for face packs, facials, juicing and also has benefits for your skin and eyes.
Cucumber is a very edible fruit which comes from the cucumber plant cucumis sativus, which is part of the gourd family. Cucumber can be used for many different purpose as it can be eaten raw or cooked. With so many health benefits it becomes one of the most important part of food diet - as well as skin diet. In North America, the term "wild cucumber" refers to manroot.
Your skin has many other purposes other than being beautiful and serving as an eye candy for everyone. It protects our internal organs from any of the external adversities as far as possible.
Types of Cucumber Include
- Dosakai - A cucumber that is yellow in color, has a round shape and is available in many parts of India. Commonly added in Chutney, Sambar or Soup, Daal and also in making Dosa-Aavakaaya (a type of Indian Pickle).
- English cucumbers - Have very little in the way of seeds and can grow to around 2 feet in length.
- Mediterranean cucumbers - Skins are smooth with nearly seedless flesh, they have a mild taste.
- Japanese cucumbers or kyuri - A dark green cucumber with a very bumpy skin. Mainly used for slicing, salads and pickling.
Cucumber can claim to be a water body as it contains 90% water. It is also known to be a cooling agent due to the water in it.
Cucumber for the Eyes
Close-up photo of green cucumbers.
It is believed that cucumber helps in reducing swelling around the eyes or the big dark circles under your eyes.
Cucumbers are the most wonderful and natural eye pads you can find for yourself.
The puffiness and the tiredness in your eyes may just leave you, if you do this in a relaxed fashion.
These natural eye pads do wonders after a long days work.
Cucumber for the Skin
If you want healthy looking skin, then cucumber is the answer.
As cucumber and the skin share the same level of hydrogen, it becomes easier for cucumber to mask all the problem areas. It helps in soothing and softening your skin which can get you relaxed in no time.
With so many useful ingredients in cucumber it can help you in treating so many skin problems. It has become part of daily beauty product into face packs, facials, juice and many other things which can affect your skin. Due to its cooling effect it can be termed as a magic wand for all your skin problems. The cleaning and cleansing property helps your skin tremendously making it soft and supple.
The regular intake of cucumber juice is very useful both internally and externally. To have healthy glowing and smooth skin try this recipe:
- Blend 4 - 5 leafs of fresh mint.
- Peel and de-seed the cucumber.
- Add mint leaves to the cucumber to make a puree.
- Beat egg white and keep it separate, then add this egg white to the cucumber mixture.
- Apply this evenly on your face for 20 minutes and then rinse it with water and pat it dry.
- 1: Purple Potatoes May Help Kill and Prevent Spread of Colon Cancer : Penn State (2015/08/28)
- 2: Sulforaphane in Vegetables May Improve Autism : Massachusetts General Hospital (2014/10/14)
- 3: Eating Beets Builds a Healthier Brain : Wake Forest University (2010/11/06)
- 4: Beetroot Juice Could Help People Live More Active Lives : University of Exeter (2010/12/17)
- 5: Daily Glass of Beetroot Juice May Lower Blood Pressure : American Heart Association (2013/04/15)
- 6: Live Well By Eating Green Foods : Disabled World (2020/10/01)
- 7: Kidney Patients Medicine Expenses Cut by Eating More Fruit and Vegetables : American Heart Association (2016/09/16)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.