World Vegetarian Day - October 1
Author: North American Vegetarian Society
Synopsis and Key Points:
World Vegetarian Day is the annual kick-off of Vegetarian Awareness Month.
Main DigestVegetarians and interested individuals from around the globe will be joining the North American Vegetarian Society on October 1st, 2010, for the annual celebration of World Vegetarian Day. Give Vegetarianism a Try and WIN up to $1,000!
Since its inception in 1977, the event has commemorated the health-supporting and life-affirming benefits of vegetarianism. World Vegetarian Day is the annual kick-off of Vegetarian Awareness Month. There are many reasons people choose a vegetarian diet. It has proven health benefits, saves animals' lives and helps to preserve the Earth.
To encourage non-vegetarians to give meatless eating a try, the North American Vegetarian Society has developed a prize-winning contest. Non-vegetarians who pledge to abstain from all meat, fish and fowl during Vegetarian Awareness Month (October) will be entered in a random drawing for cash prizes. The top winner will get $1000 in cash.
One winner will be chosen in each of the following three categories: One day $250 - One week $500 - One month $1,000.
People can enter the "Give Vegetarianism a Try" contest at www.worldvegetarianday.org
Join us to make the world a better place and we are all winners!
Reduce the risk of major killers such as heart disease, stroke and cancer while cutting exposure to foodborne pathogens
Provide a viable answer to feeding the world's hungry through more efficient use of grains and other crops
Save animals from suffering in factory-farm conditions and from the pain and terror of slaughter
Conserve vital but limited freshwater, fertile topsoil and other precious resources
Preserve irreplaceable ecosystems such as rainforests and other wildlife habitats
Decrease greenhouse gases that are accelerating global warming
Mitigate the ever-expanding environmental pollution of animal agriculture
- 1 - Is it Healthier to Be Vegetarian, Vegan or Omnivore? : Darrell Miller (2009/02/12)
- 2 - Vegan Diet Improves Diabetes Markers in Overweight Adults : Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (2018/02/12)
- 3 - Healthy Tips for Smart Vegan Living : Disabled World (2009/02/25)
- 4 - Tofu - How to Get Your Friends to Try It : Cornell Food and Brand Lab (2014/05/06)
- 5 - Cleansing Vegetarian Diet : Vegetarian Guy (2009/02/11)
- 6 - Starting a Vegetarian or Vegan Lifestyle Guide : Illuminate Good Health Publishing (2014/02/08)
- 7 - Vegetarians Have Lower Risk of Heart Disease, Stroke and Diabetes : Loma Linda University Adventist Health Sciences Center (2011/04/13)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.