Migratory Arthritis Information Symptoms and Treatment
- Publish Date: 2010/10/23
- Author: Disabled World
Outline: Migratory arthritis is an arthritis that appears to migrate from one body joint to the next.
Main DigestMigratory arthritis is an arthritis that appears to migrate from one joint to the next.
Arthritis is a disease that causes pain and swelling in the joints, and can be classified into over 100 categories. It can affect people in any age group, including children.
Migratory arthritis is characterized by rapid onset of swelling in one or two joints. As the symptoms resolve, similar symptoms begin to emerge in another joint, usually in an asymmetric location. The symptoms then generally fade in the next few days.
As the symptoms subside in the original affected areas, the same pattern appears in another joint, usually in an asymmetric location. The pattern of asymmetrical movement of joint pain associated with migratory arthritis is associated with some specific conditions and diseases.
Possible Causes of Migratory Arthritis Include:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Lyme disease
- Rheumatic fever
- Whipple's disease
- Gonococcal arthritis
- Bacterial endocarditis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
Migratory Arthritis Treatment:
When treating Migratory arthritis usually aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication is prescribed. Effective analgesics also include dicolfenac, naproxen and ibuprofen. To counter the effects of migratory arthritis, the root cause should also be treated.
Naturopaths say a combination of good diet and exercise is essential to complement the medication. Alternative medicine practitioners often recommend supplements such as chondroitin, glucosamine and omega 3 oils.
Given that migratory arthritis is usually triggered by other health problems, it is important to have it properly diagnosed by your doctor.
- 1 - List of Different Types of Arthritis | Disabled World | 2015/06/23
- 2 - Painkillers and Medicines Used to Treat Arthritis | Sally Rider | 2010/06/21
- 3 - Arthritis and Playing Musical Instruments | JD | 2010/06/22
- 4 - Post-Traumatic Arthritis: Symptoms, Prevention & Treatment | Thomas C. Weiss | 2015/12/01
- 5 - Arthritis Turning America Into a Disabled Nation | MOVEMENT IS LIFE | 2010/08/03
- 6 - Younger Veterans Develop Arthritis at Higher Rates and Younger Age | The Rep for Vet | 2013/11/20
- 7 - Obesity and Knee Arthritis | American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons | 2011/02/14
- 8 - Etanercept Helps Restore Normal Growth in Children with Juvenile Arthritis | Wiley-Blackwell | 2010/11/04
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media