Adrenal Cancer Information
Author: Sally Rider
Published: 2009-04-01 : (Rev. 2009-07-20)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Adrenal Cancer forms in the outer tissue layer of the adrenal gland.
Main DigestAdrenal Cancer forms in the outer tissue layer of the adrenal gland. Adrenocortical Carcinoma is also called Cancer of the Adrenal Cortex.
Adrenal Cancer forms in the outer tissue layer of the adrenal gland. Adrenocortical Carcinoma is also called Cancer of the Adrenal Cortex.
Alternate names: Adrenal Carcinoma, Adrenocortical Carcinoma, Adrenocortical Cancer, Cancer of the Adrenal Cortex, Carcinoma of the Adrenal Cortex
A tumor of the adrenal cortex may be functioning (producing excess hormones) or non-functioning (not producing hormones).
Individuals with the hereditary diseases LiFraumeni Syndrome, Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome, and Carney Complex are at risk for Adrenal Cancer.
The following may be used to diagnose the disease:
x-rays, MRI, CT scan, and laboratory tests including blood and urine analysis.
Treatment may include surgery, radiation therapy, and/or chemotherapy. Treatment for inoperable or unresectable tumors can be utilized for palliation, but the prognosis is poor.
The 5-year survival rate for inoperable or unresectable tumors is less than 10%.
- 1 - Things That Cause Cancer : List of Known Carcinogens in Humans : Disabled World (2014/10/11)
- 2 - Types of Cancer Survival Rate Statistics Table : Disabled World (2010/07/15)
- 3 - No Need for Coffee Cancer Warning in California : U.S. FDA (2018/09/02)
- 4 - Cancer Linked BPA's: Paper Receipts - Plastics - Cans : Thomas C. Weiss (2015/06/03)
- 5 - Bladder Carcinoma: Bladder Cancer Stages and Information : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/04/01)
- 6 - Building a Healthy Immune System to Help Fight Cancer Disease and Illness : Tony Isaacs (2010/04/09)
- 7 - Cancer Awareness Ribbons Color Chart : Disabled World (2019/02/28)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.