Adrenal Cancer Information
Published : 2009-04-01 - Updated : 2009-07-20
Author : Sally Rider
Synopsis* : Adrenal Cancer forms in the outer tissue layer of the adrenal gland.
Main DigestAdrenal Cancer forms in the outer tissue layer of the adrenal gland. Adrenocortical Carcinoma is also called Cancer of the Adrenal Cortex.
Adrenal Cancer forms in the outer tissue layer of the adrenal gland. Adrenocortical Carcinoma is also called Cancer of the Adrenal Cortex.
Alternate names: Adrenal Carcinoma, Adrenocortical Carcinoma, Adrenocortical Cancer, Cancer of the Adrenal Cortex, Carcinoma of the Adrenal Cortex
A tumor of the adrenal cortex may be functioning (producing excess hormones) or non-functioning (not producing hormones).
Individuals with the hereditary diseases LiFraumeni Syndrome, Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome, and Carney Complex are at risk for Adrenal Cancer.
The following may be used to diagnose the disease:
x-rays, MRI, CT scan, and laboratory tests including blood and urine analysis.
Treatment may include surgery, radiation therapy, and/or chemotherapy. Treatment for inoperable or unresectable tumors can be utilized for palliation, but the prognosis is poor.
The 5-year survival rate for inoperable or unresectable tumors is less than 10%.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, disability sports events, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Related Cancer - Tumors Documents
- 1: Cancer Awareness Ribbons Color Chart : List, table and printable chart outlining the colors of awareness ribbons that represent different types of cancer and their causes.
- 2: Cervical Cancer: Symptoms, Stages, Risk Factors : Cervical cancer is a disease in which body cells in the cervix or the uterus lower part are malfunctioning.
- 3: BPA Cancer Link in Paper Receipts, Plastics, Cans : Recent research suggests a certain level of exposure to bisphenol A (BPA) chemicals found in plastics may cause cancer.
- 4: Signs of Impending Death from Cancer : List of highly specific physical and cognitive signs associated with imminent death in cancer patients.
- 5: Suspected Cancer Carcinogens Report Outlines Knowledge Gaps : Gaps in research for 20 suspected carcinogens whose potential to cause cancer is as yet unresolved.
*Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Sally Rider. Electronic Publication Date: 2009-04-01 - Revised: 2009-07-20. Title: Adrenal Cancer Information, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/health/cancer/adrenal-cancer.php>Adrenal Cancer Information</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-18, from https://www.disabled-world.com/health/cancer/adrenal-cancer.php - Reference: DW#93-1300.