Is Laser Hair Removal a Permanent Solution
Author: Dr. George Lefkovits, M.D.
Published: 2010-10-31 : (Rev. 2012-04-06)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Laser hair removal results in long-term removal of target hairs on the body including arms legs and facial hair.
Main DigestPeople use all sorts of methods to combat unwanted body or facial hair. Shaving, waxing, and plucking traditional methods of hair removal, but have their drawbacks.
Hair - Refers to two distinct structures: 1 - the part beneath the skin, called the hair follicle or when pulled from the skin, called the bulb. This organ is located in the dermis and maintains stem cells which not only re-grow the hair after it falls out, but also are recruited to regrow skin after a wound. 2 - the shaft, which is the hard filamentous part that extends above the skin surface.
As technology continues to advance, new and exciting techniques to deal with undesirable hair are becoming more popular because of their effectiveness. Laser hair removal is a leader among these methods and results in long-term removal of target hairs, as well as a permanent overall reduction of hair.
The Old Ways
What's wrong with using a razor everyday or going to the salon for a wax every week? While these are important questions to ask, thorough research will show that shaving, waxing, and tweezing are things of the past. First, these three methods are all temporary solutions to unwanted hair. Also, they all require frequent and ongoing maintenance, as well as the continuous purchase of supplies or services. Additionally, shaving, waxing, and plucking hair are time consuming, potentially painful, and irritating to your skin. Laser hair removal eliminates all of these problems and provides a long-term, painless resolution to all of your unwanted hair problems.
The New Technology
The average laser hair removal treatment requires between 2 and 3 sessions each spaced a couple of months apart. Laser hair removal procedures for men and women uses medical grade lasers alongside a handheld cooler that soothes the skin and reduces the minimal amount of pinching pain felt by the individual. This cutting edge technology provides the individual with supreme comfort and a feeling of security while receiving this life changing procedure.
Following your laser hair removal treatment, you can immediately resume your normal activities and routines. There is no down time or healing period and you can return to work or school the very same day. The only concern you need to be aware of is the affect of extended exposure to sunlight on your slightly sensitive skin, so sunscreen is often recommended on treated areas. Some patients will need to return once or twice a year to sustain the incredible results they initially received, but that is a small price for such a great and satisfying outcome.
Approximately 85% of those who have had laser hair removal treatments report successful and permanent hair removal. Men and women with fine, blond hair may find that laser hair removal is not as effective for them. Talking with an experienced cosmetic surgeon who specializes in laser hair removal is strongly recommended.
If you live in the New York City and are interested in learning more about laser hair removal, please visit the website of New York City cosmetic surgeon, Dr. George Lefkovits, M.D. today at www.drlefkovits.com
- 1 - Human Hair Myths Including Tips on Hair Care : Disabled World (2009/03/22)
- 2 - What Causes Gray Hair : Disabled World (2009/03/22)
- 3 - Recognizing Hair Loss Due to Thyroid Gland Problems : Ian Irving (2012/03/15)
- 4 - Trichotillomania Hair-Pulling Disorder: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment : Thomas C. Weiss (2015/07/28)
- 5 - Robotic Hair Transplant - Automated Graft Selection : Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration (2015/02/25)
- 6 - Alopecia: Types of Hair Loss and How to Identify Them : Danny Ashton (2012/09/26)
- 7 - How to Control and Get Rid of Head Lice : Sammy Kane (2009/03/29)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.