Upload Photo of Skin Condition for Melanoma Analysis
Upload photos of moles or other skin concerns and have them analyzed them for signs of melanoma.
Main DigestNew Website Skinofmine.com Allows Users to Analyze and Track Changes in Their Skin and Share Their Photos with Their Doctor.
A new website, Skinofmine.com (www.skinofmine.com), allows users to upload photos of their moles or other skin concerns and analyze them for signs of melanoma such as border irregularity, asymmetry, and color irregularity, or to track changes in their mole or other skin concern over time.
Users can either create an account and archive their photos, or simply upload a photo to the "SandBox" temporarily for analysis without logging in.
Any troubling images may be shared and discussed with other users of the website, for example their dermatologist.
The idea of the site is not to provide a diagnosis or to replace or delay a visit to the dermatologist; rather the concept is to aid users in performing the recommended self-checks of the skin between doctor visits.
The website was developed by a team of MIT PhDs with expertise in image processing, together with consultation from several dermatologists. It uses state-of-the-art back-end algorithms for the analysis.
The parent company of Skinofmine.com is Medical Image Mining Laboratories, which was established in 2008 in Valhalla, NY. MIMLabs creates software for the quantification of disease on radiological images.
- 1 - Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Symptoms, Signs and Treatment : Disabled World (2009/07/03)
- 2 - Does Washing Hands Really Stop Spread of Diseases : Wiley-Blackwell (2010/09/07)
- 3 - Hospital Hand Washing Leads to Rise in Dermatitis : University of Manchester (2015/02/12)
- 4 - Tips to Cure a Yeast Infection : Helen Bayer (2017/12/19)
- 5 - Osteopontin Contributes to Allergic Contact Dermatitis : American Journal of Pathology (2009/12/29)
- 6 - Color of Eyes May Indicate Risk for Serious Skin Conditions : University of Colorado Denver (2012/05/06)
- 7 - Ichthyosis: Facts, Symptoms and Treatment : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/12/13)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.