Fast Working Home Remedies for Acne
Synopsis: List of home remedies and natural cures that may help get rid of adult and teenage acne quickly. Apply a small amount of toothpaste (paste, not gel) on pimples before bed; this helps dry out the pimples. Paste of sandalwood (chandan) powder with black gram (masoor) dal can be used on facial skin to treat the acne.
Age old remedies for ailments and skin problems are some of the best treatments at times. They have been passed down from generation to generation for a reason - they work. Here is a list of some home remedies we sourced that hopefully will help you get rid of teenage and adult acne quickly.
- Do not wash face with soap and water, wash it in the morning and night with lukewarm salty water. Soap is a drying agent and may worsen the acne, whereas lukewarm salty water may help remove oils without drying the skin.
- Aloe Vera juice applied twice a day can greatly help in healing of the scars of the acne. Aloe Vera juice can be found at most health stores.
- Cucumber is one of the easiest and refreshing treatments used for the treatment of acne and to re-freshen up the skin. It makes our skin feel looking young. Blend the cucumber into a paste and apply it on the affected area. Leave it for 30 to 45 minutes and then wash it off.
- Paste of sandalwood (chandan) powder with black gram (masoor) dal can be used on facial skin to treat the acne. Keep it overnight and wash it with cold water the next day.
- Tomato can also be used for the treatment of blackheads and to open the pores of the skin. Cut the tomato and rub it on the skin. Leave on for fifteen minutes. Wash it off with water. This will reduce open pores and blackheads. This treatment is good particularly for oily skin.
- Make a paste of nutmeg (jaiphal) with unboiled milk and apply on affected area. This works as a wonderful ointment. Pimples disappear without leaving a mark.
- Egg whites are also used to get rid of acne. Apply it on face and leave overnight. Wash off in the morning.
- Neem is used for the treatment of all sorts of skin problems. Neem contains Nimbidol and Gedunin, which have very good fungicidal properties, has proved to be beneficial in skin disorders such as warts, scabies, psoriasis, eczema, and even dandruff. It is extremely effective in acne treatment.
- Orange peel has been found very effective in the local treatment of acne, mixed well with water the peel should be applied to the affected areas.
- Take 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Make a paste. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. Repeat for two weeks, pimples will disappear forever.
- Hot fomentation can be applied locally to open up the pores and to bring out the waste matter. The affected parts should then be washed with cold water. Take sun and air baths by exposing the whole body to the sun and air.
- Before going to bed apply ice on the face. This will reduce the inflammation and burning sensation on the skin and also help get rid of acne scars.
- Mix 1-tablespoon groundnut oil with 1-tablespoon fresh lime-juice to prevent formation of blackheads and pimples.
- Make a paste of fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves. Apply it over the face every night for 10-15 minutes and washed with warm water. This will prevent pimples, blackheads, and wrinkles.
- Slice a lemon in half and rub it on the effected area and leave it over night and rinse your face in the morning or squeeze the juice and mix it with rose water and apply to the effected areas.
- Foods with Niacin and vitamin A are also used for the treatment of the acne. It is recommended to take100 mg niacin, three times daily, and 50,000 international units of vitamin A, three times daily. Vitamin E, 400 mg, should be taken once daily. This therapy should be continued for a month.
- Garlic has been used successfully in the treatment of acne. Rub raw garlic on the affected skin several times a day, it will help to remove the scars. Chronic forms of acne are also healed by this method.
- Take a teaspoon of coriander juice; mix it with a pinch of turmeric powder. It is a very effective home made ointment for pimples and blackheads. The mixture should be applied to the face after thoroughly washing it every night before going to bed. Mint juice can be used in a similar manner as coriander juice.
- Juice of raw papaya (including the skin and seed) can also be applied on swelling pimples.
- Cornstarch when combined with water can be used as a mask to absorb oil.
- Apply a small amount of toothpaste (paste, not gel) on pimples before bed; this helps dry out the pimples.
- Fresh limejuice mixed to a glass of boiled milk can be applied to the face as a face wash for pimples, blackheads, and cracked skin.
- Make a paste of roasted & powdered pomegranate skin with fresh lime juice and apply over boils, pimple, blackheads and whiteheads.
- Drinking of wheatgrass juice may remove acne.
📢 Discover Related Topics
👍 Share This Information To:
𝕏.com Facebook Reddit
Page Information, Citing and Disclaimer
Disabled World is an independent disability community founded in 2004 to provide disability news and information to people with disabilities, seniors, their family and/or carers. See our homepage for informative reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can connect with us on social media such as X.com and our Facebook page.
Permalink: <a href="https://www.disabled-world.com/health/dermatology/skin/acne/acne-remedies.php">Fast Working Home Remedies for Acne</a>
Cite This Page (APA): Disabled World. (2017, December 20). Fast Working Home Remedies for Acne. Disabled World. Retrieved February 24, 2024 from www.disabled-world.com/health/dermatology/skin/acne/acne-remedies.php
Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are never meant to substitute for qualified professional medical care. Any 3rd party offering or advertising does not constitute an endorsement.