Possible Treatments Available for Autism
Author: Autism Expert
Synopsis and Key Points:
Some of the common treatments and therapy methods prescribed by professionals for autism.
Main DigestSome people understand that they need to live with autism & tend to delve some knowledge on this disease in literature & find out possible treatments. Once they start off with their process of finding treatments, they will come to know that there is a plethora of autism treatments available. However, if you visit a professional, you will come to know that every child has different needs.
Here are some of the common treatments prescribed by professionals for autism:
a) Speech therapy:
People suffering with autism suffer from inability to speak or converse in a particular language. Some people use poor speech while the others are unable to apply grammar. Speech therapy helps people come over this inability.
b) Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA):
This therapy is the oldest existing treatment for autism. This is also the most fully researched treatment that's specifically developed for Autism. It is an intensive system of reward based training. It emphasizes on providing certain specific skills. Try Internet #1 - Video Modeling Autism @ autismcure01.webs.com and live your family life normally right now!
c) Occupational therapy:
This therapy for autism emphasizes on developing skills for daily living. Most people with autism face delays in motor skills. This therapy can prove to be quite helpful. Some of the occupational therapists believe in providing training in sensory integration therapy. It is a type of technique that may help people with autism to manage hypersensitivity to light, touch & sound.
d) Physical therapy:
Autism can be defined as a pervasive developmental delay. Most people experience gross motor delays & some have low muscle tone. Physical therapy can actually work towards building up basic sports skills, strength & coordination.
e) Social skills therapy:
The main problem one faces due to autism is inability to communicate. Most children require assistance for developing skills to hold a conversation. Most children benefit from social skill therapy when it comes to develop peer-based social interaction.
f) Play therapy:
The therapy may sound strange. However, children with autism require special help in learning to play. Playing can serve as a tool for developing social, communication & speech skills. Try Internet #1 - Video Modeling Autism @ autismcure01.webs.com and live your family life normally right now!
- 1 - Risk of Autism Among Younger Siblings of a Child with Autism : Autism Speaks (2011/08/15)
- 2 - Autism Risk in Siblings of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders : IntegraGen (2012/05/17)
- 3 - Social Benefits of Being a Girl with Autism : Yale University (2016/02/09)
- 4 - Sounds Help Children with Autism Develop Speech and Gestures : University of Gothenburg (2016/02/25)
- 5 - Accessing Services a Huge Problem for Parents of Children with Autism : Queen Mary, University of London (2016/03/15)
- 6 - Obesity Rate Difference in Children With and Without Autism : Tufts University, Health Sciences Campus (2016/10/17)
- 7 - Shakespeare Helps Children with Autism Communicate : Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (2016/10/13)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.