Kathleen M. Cleaver Biography
Writer and Article Contributor for Disabled World
Biography and information regarding Kathleen M. Cleaver, a writer and article contributor at Disabled World - disabled-world.com
Kathleen's daughter Tricia has multiple disabilities caused by hypoxia during birth. Her younger sister, Barbara, is legally blind and has multiple disabilities. Both girls are adults and live in an intermediate care facility (ICF). Kathleen holds a Bachelor's degree in elementary education and the education of children whose primary disability is a visual impairment (TVI).
During her thirty-year career as a teacher, Kathleen received the Penn-Del AER Elinor Long Award and the AER Membership Award for her service and contributions to the education of children with visual impairments. She also received the Elizabeth Nolan O'Donnell Achievement Award for years of dedicated service to St. Lucy Day School for Children with Visual Impairments.
Kathleen lives with her husband in Berks County, Pennsylvania. They have three grown daughters and two grandchildren.
Published Works by Kathleen M. Cleaver Include:
- Family, Disability, and a Dagwood Sandwich
- A Different Way to See - Part 1: The Importance of Concept Development for Young children Who Are Visually Impaired
- A Different Way to See - Part 2: The Importance of Exploring Braille for Young Children Who Are Visually Impaired
- A Different Way to See - Part 3: Visual Impairment and School
- Recognizing Children with Multiple Disabilities
- Scared at School: Violence, Shootings, and Changes
- Home Accessibility for the Older Generation
- Choosing the Best Educational and Social Environment for Disabled Children
- Disability: We Have Superpowers Too
- Heroes Work Here: Recognizing Direct Support Professionals
- How People Who Are Disabled Can Fix Us
- A Blue Rose in a Bouquet of Flowers
- Changes Challenges and Choices - Caring for a Disabled Family Member
- What People Say When You Have a Disabled Child - And Maybe What They Should Have Said
- Inclusion: It Works Both Ways
- Dreams for Our Daughter
- Hidden Grief Part 1: Kathleen M. Cleaver
- Hidden Grief Part 2: Grandparents - Kathleen M. Cleaver
- How the Politicization of Covid-19 Affects People with Disabilities - Kathleen M. Cleaver
- Living with a Sibling and Her disABILITY
Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are never meant to substitute for qualified professional medical care. Any 3rd party offering or advertising does not constitute an endorsement.