Paul Dodenhoff Biography
Writer and Article Contributor for Disabled World
Born in Liverpool, United Kingdom, I'm a seasoned social researcher, campaigner, and activist. From age 16 onwards, I've taken a keen interest in equality and environmental issues and have been involved in many anti-racist, anti-sexist, and environmental campaigns.
I've also had a long interest in Sociology and Psychology, completing a part-time Open University Bachelor of Science degree in Social Problems, Health, and Social Welfare in 1997, graduating at the Guild Hall, Preston, United Kingdom. I gained a part-time Master of Arts degree in Research Methodology in 2003, again with the Open University, graduating at the UNESCO headquarters in Paris.
I spent many years working for Royal Mail, first on the 'shop floor' and then gradually moving into an administrative role before the 'research bug' finally got the better of me, leaving in 2011 to undertake a small number of independent research projects. These include 'The factorization of the NHS hospital Ward' and 'Gender Differences in Health & Safety Motivation'.
Although I am 'able-bodied,' I have always taken an interest in disability issues, an interest gained primarily during my first degree, where I found the area of disability studies to be extremely challenging and exciting, giving me a completely different 'angle' on the social world. An interest that naturally came to rest upon 'disability hate crime' in 2012 after reading many horrific media reports of abuse, harassment, and violence towards mentally and physically disabled people within the UK. I was shocked by an apparent and repeated failure to tackle this social problem and the lack of academic knowledge surrounding it. Taking a 'Structuration/Social Action' approach, I began to develop a possible explanation for a disability hate crime. In 2013, I was also accepted as a part-time, self-funded Ph.D. student at Lancaster University's School of Law to develop the theory more fully and formally. I put this Ph.D. on hold in 2014 due to a shortage of funds, but I carried on the research in my spare time.
I've worked with a community teaching group, becoming Research and Development Director for the enterprise until Oct 2014. Since I have been working with several local charities, including working with the homeless, those with debt problems, drug & alcohol abuse, as well as working with disability itself. I have been writing for Disabled World for some time now, trying to highlight issues that don't always get a great deal of attention from Britain's popular media. Unfortunately, Britain is regressing how it treats 'disability' and slowly rolling back to the 1700s, so such issues must get worldwide attention.
Published Works by Paul Dodenhoff Include:
- UK Disability Hate Crime Rises 43% in Single Year
- Covid-19 in the U.K. Decoding the Anti-lockdown Argument
- Boris Johnson Unlocks England from Covid Restrictions Despite Soaring Infection Levels
- What 2020 Taught Me About Disability in the UK
- Still Taking it On The Chin: UK'S Continuing Obsession With Herd Immunity
- A Very British Lockdown - Confused and Chaotic
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Thoughts From the UK
- Will Britain's New Immigration Policy Impact Upon Disability?
- Are UK Welfare Reforms a Form of Hate or Hate Crime Conducted Towards Disability?
- Arise 'Sir' Iain Duncan Smith: But Should There Be a Criminal Investigation Over His Mistreatment of Disability?
- Boris Johnson Wins: But a Conservative Administration Still Poses a Considerable Existential Risk to British Disabled People
- Are Disabled People Losing the Equality Fight in Britain?
- Britain's 'Windrush' Injustice: The Startling Similarities with Britain's Maltreatment of Disability
- Killed by Death - UK Government's Continuing Verdict on the Suicide of Welfare Claimants
- Britain's Unproductive Disabled: A Continuing Moral Panic?
- The 'Human Catastrophe' of British Disability: A False-dawn of Capitalism in Crisis?
- UN Criticizes UK for Creating 'Human Catastrophe' Over Disability
- The Continuing Oppression of Disability: The Re-Institutionalisation of Disability Within Britain
- The Dominance of Right-Wing Think-Tanks Over Disability Welfare Reform in Britain
- Arson Attack On British Special Needs School Causes £23,000 Worth Of Damage
- Why People With Learning Disabilities Should NOT Work For Less Than The Minimum Wage
- The Art of Accusation: The Lynching of Intellectual Disability
- British TV Chat Show Slams Disability Genocide
- The Continuing 'Incarceration' of Disability: Facebook Live-streams Disability 'Torture'
- Disability Hate Crime Within the UK - Estimated Incident Rates Not Decreasing
- Reintroducing 'Hate' Back Into 'Hate Crime': Hate Crime Committed Against Intellectual Disability
- Why The UK Work Capability Assessment Must End
- UN Concludes Britain Guilty of Human Rights Abuses
- When is a Decrease in Disability Hate Crime Not a Decrease in Disability Hate Crime?
- Have We Just Witnessed the Greatest Paralympics Ever
- Russia's Paralympians: A Doping Scandal or Case of Continuing Discrimination Towards Disability?
- What Brexit Also May Tell Us About Hate Crime Committed Towards Disability
- The Killing of Jo Cox MP: Have the Chickens Finally Come Home to Roost?
- Disability is Not a Lifestyle Choice: Why the UN Must Protect Disabled People Within the UK
- Disability Hate Crime within the UK - Vulnerability, Power, Oppression and Domination
- Authoritarian Britain and its Effect on Attitudes Towards Disability
- IDS Resigns, But Is He Also Distancing Himself From the Horrors of Welfare Reform?
- Fighting for Fairness: Britain's Military Veterans, Disability and Benefit Cuts
- Get Off Thy Death Bed and Work - British Values for the New World Order
- The Medicalisation of Unemployment: Reprogramming Britain's Disabled and Unemployed
- Why is the Work Capability Assessment Costing Britain More Than it Saves?
- The 'Lazy Cow' Effect: Why Employer's Attitudes Towards Disabled Workers have Deteriorated Since 2010
- Disability in the U.K. Is Britain 'Fairer' After 5 Years of Tory Rule?
- Is the Current UN Investigation into British Violations of the CPRD Treaty a Complete Waste of Time
- Can Disabled People in Britain Really Work Their Way Out of Poverty?
- Nut Jobs, Nut Cases & Brazil Nuts: Eradicating Derogatory Terms
- Just What Exactly is Not Normal About Disabled People, IDS?
- The U.N.: Meddling in Britain's Affairs or Impartially Protecting Our Disabled?
- Iain Duncan-Smith: Helping Disabled Get Off Welfare? Or Just Helping Kill Them Off?
- Does The UK Labor Party Leadership Race Highlight a Continuing Disdain for Disability?
- Can Brits Really be 'Educated' About Disability?
- Why Do Women Commit Disability Hate Crime?
- Is British Disability Welfare Reform, Simply a Display of Hate?
- Would YOU Work for £2 an Hour, Lord Freud?
- Abuse, Harassment & Violence Towards Disability - Prejudice or Vulnerability?
- Disability and the Continuing Grip of Oppression
- The UK General Election 2015: What's in Store for Disability?
- The Invisibility of Disability in the U.K.
- Atos to Maximus - Redefining Disability: Where Now for British Welfare Reform Protest Movement?
- An Analysis of British Welfare Reform
- The 'Idle Poor' - A Shift in Perception of Disability
- The Continuing Demonization of Disability - Ignorance or Incitement
- Analysing the Characteristics of 'Hate': Disability Hate Crime
- Challenging 'Hate' within the UK - The Disability Hate Crime Network
- A Large Dollop of Fudge (A Letter from the DWP)
- 'Hidden Hate' - Why Are We Still Failing Disabled People?
- Scotland Votes 'No'. What Will this Mean for 'Disability' Within the UK?
- Why a Yes Vote for Scottish Independence is Important for Disabled Scots
- Silence is Golden: UK Human Rights Violations & the British Media
- Has Negative Government or Media Rhetoric, Caused Disability Hate Crime Within the UK?
- Is the UK Under UN Investigation for Human Rights Abuses Against the Disabled?
- The Complexity of Hate Part 2 - Learning disability, Autism and Asperger's
- The Complexity of Hate - Disability Hate Crime within the UK
- Disability Hate Crime - Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics
- The Cause of Disability Hate Crime within the UK
- Disability Hate Crime in the UK - A Misleading Focus on Attitudes Towards Disability
- Disability Hate Crime - A Male Crime
- Five Faces of Oppression - Disability Hate Crime in the UK
Disabled World provides general information only. The materials presented are never meant to substitute for qualified professional medical care, nor should they be construed as such. Funding is derived from advertisements or referral programs. Any 3rd party offering or advertising does not constitute an endorsement.