Paul Dodenhoff Biography
- Publish Date: 2014/07/22 - (Rev. 2020/01/07)
- Author: Paul Dodenhoff
- Contact : disabled-world.com
Outline: Biography and information regardingBritish born Paul Dodenhoff, a regular contributor of UK disability related news and content.
Born in Liverpool, United Kingdom, I'm a seasoned social researcher, campaigner and activist. From the age of 16 onwards I've taken a keen interest in equality and environmental issues, and have been involved in many anti-racist, anti-sexist and environmental campaigns over the years.
I've also had a long interest in Sociology and Psychology, completing a part-time Open University Bachelor of Science degree in Social Problems, Health and Social Welfare in 1997; graduating at the Guild Hall, Preston, United Kingdom. I went on to gain a part- time Master of Arts degree in Research Methodology in 2003, again with the Open University; graduating at the UNESCO headquarters, Paris.
I spent many years working for Royal Mail, working firstly on the 'shop floor' then gradually moving into an administrative role before the 'research bug' finally got the better of me, leaving in 2011 to undertake a small number of independent research projects. These include 'The factoryization of the NHS hospital Ward' and 'Gender Differences in Health & Safety Motivation'.
Although I am 'able-bodied' I have always taken an interest in disability issues, an interest gained primarily during my first degree where I found the area of disability studies to be extremely challenging and exciting, giving me a completely different 'angle' on the social world. An interest that naturally came to rest upon 'disability hate crime' in 2012 after reading many horrific media reports of abuse, harassment and violence towards mentally and physically disabled people within the UK. I was shocked not only by an apparent and repeated failure in tackling this social problem, but also about the lack of academic knowledge surrounding it. Taking a 'Structuration/Social Action' approach, I therefore began to develop a possible explanation concerning disability hate crime. In 2013, I was also accepted as a part-time, self-funded PhD student at Lancaster University's School of Law, in order to develop the theory more fully and more formally. I put this PhD on hold in 2014 due to a shortage of funds, but carry on the research in my own spare time.
I've worked with a community teaching group, becoming Research and Development director for the enterprise until Oct 2014. Since I have been working with a number of local charities, including working with the homelessness, those with debt problems, drug & alcohol abuse, as well as working with disability itself. I have been writing for Disabled-World for some, trying to highlight issues that don't always get a great deal of attention from Britain's popular media. Unfortunately, Britain is regressing on the way it treats 'disability' and slowly rolling back to the 1700's, so it is highly important that such issues get worldwide attention.
Published Works by Paul Dodenhoff Include:
- Boris Johnson Wins: But a Conservative Administration Still Pose a Considerable Existential Risk to British Disabled People
- Are Disabled People Losing the Equality Fight in Britain?
- Britain's 'Windrush' Injustice: The Startling Similarities with Britain's Maltreatment of Disability
- Killed by Death - UK Government's Continuing Verdict on the Suicide of Welfare Claimants
- Britain's Unproductive Disabled: A Continuing Moral Panic?
- The 'Human Catastrophe' of British Disability: A False-dawn of Capitalism in Crisis?
- UN Criticizes UK for Creating 'Human Catastrophe' Over Disability
- The Continuing Oppression of Disability: The Re-Institutionalisation of Disability Within Britain
- The Dominance of Right-Wing Think-Tanks Over Disability Welfare Reform in Britain
- Arson Attack On British Special Needs School Causes £23,000 Worth Of Damage
- Why People With Learning Disabilities Should NOT Work For Less Than The Minimum Wage
- The Art of Accusation: The Lynching of Intellectual Disability
- British TV Chat Show Slams Disability Genocide
- The Continuing 'Incarceration' of Disability: Facebook Live-streams Disability 'Torture'
- Disability Hate Crime Within the UK - Estimated Incident Rates Not Decreasing
- Reintroducing 'Hate' Back Into 'Hate Crime': Hate Crime Committed Against Intellectual Disability
- Why The UK Work Capability Assessment Must End
- UN Concludes Britain Guilty of Human Rights Abuses
- When is a Decrease in Disability Hate Crime Not a Decrease in Disability Hate Crime?
- Have We Just Witnessed the Greatest Paralympics Ever
- Russia's Paralympians: A Doping Scandal or Case of Continuing Discrimination Towards Disability?
- What Brexit Also May Tell Us About Hate Crime Committed Towards Disability
- The Killing of Jo Cox MP: Have the Chickens Finally Come Home to Roost?
- Disability is Not a Lifestyle Choice: Why the UN Must Protect Disabled People Within the UK
- Disability Hate Crime within the UK - Vulnerability, Power, Oppression and Domination
- Authoritarian Britain and its Effect on Attitudes Towards Disability
- IDS Resigns, But Is He Also Distancing Himself From the Horrors of Welfare Reform?
- Fighting for Fairness: Britain's Military Veterans, Disability and Benefit Cuts
- Get Off Thy Death Bed and Work - British Values for the New World Order
- The Medicalisation of Unemployment: Reprogramming Britain's Disabled and Unemployed
- Why is the Work Capability Assessment Costing Britain More Than it Saves?
- The 'Lazy Cow' Effect: Why Employer's Attitudes Towards Disabled Workers have Deteriorated Since 2010
- Disability in the U.K. Is Britain 'Fairer' After 5 Years of Tory Rule?
- Is the Current UN Investigation into British Violations of the CPRD Treaty a Complete Waste of Time
- Can Disabled People in Britain Really Work Their Way Out of Poverty?
- Nut Jobs, Nut Cases & Brazil Nuts: Eradicating Derogatory Terms
- Just What Exactly is Not Normal About Disabled People, IDS?
- The U.N.: Meddling in Britain's Affairs or Impartially Protecting Our Disabled?
- Iain Duncan-Smith: Helping Disabled Get Off Welfare? Or Just Helping Kill Them Off?
- Does The UK Labor Party Leadership Race Highlight a Continuing Disdain for Disability?
- Can Brits Really be 'Educated' About Disability?
- Why Do Women Commit Disability Hate Crime?
- Is British Disability Welfare Reform, Simply a Display of Hate?
- Would YOU Work for £2 an Hour, Lord Freud?
- Abuse, Harassment & Violence Towards Disability - Prejudice or Vulnerability?
- Disability and the Continuing Grip of Oppression
- The UK General Election 2015: What's in Store for Disability?
- The Invisibility of Disability in the U.K.
- Atos to Maximus - Redefining Disability: Where Now for British Welfare Reform Protest Movement?
- An Analysis of British Welfare Reform
- The 'Idle Poor' - A Shift in Perception of Disability
- The Continuing Demonization of Disability - Ignorance or Incitement
- Analysing the Characteristics of 'Hate': Disability Hate Crime
- Challenging 'Hate' within the UK - The Disability Hate Crime Network
- A Large Dollop of Fudge (A Letter from the DWP)
- 'Hidden Hate' - Why are We Still Failing Disabled People?
- Scotland Votes 'No'. What Will this Mean for 'Disability' Within the UK?
- Why a Yes Vote for Scottish Independence is Important for Disabled Scots
- Silence is Golden: UK Human Rights Violations & the British Media
- Has Negative Government or Media Rhetoric, Caused Disability Hate Crime Within the UK?
- Is the UK Under UN Investigation for Human Rights Abuses Against the Disabled?
- The Complexity of Hate Part 2 - Learning disability, Autism and Asperger's
- The Complexity of Hate - Disability Hate Crime within the UK
- Disability Hate Crime - Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics
- The Cause of Disability Hate Crime within the UK
- Disability Hate Crime in the UK - A Misleading Focus on Attitudes Towards Disability
- Disability Hate Crime - A Male Crime
- Five Faces of Oppression - Disability Hate Crime in the UK
- 1 - Menu and A to Z Index | Disabled World (2008/01/01)
- 2 - Contact Us | Disabled World (2008/01/01)
- 3 - Paul Dodenhoff Biography | Paul Dodenhoff (2014/07/22)
- 5 - Disabled World on Social Media | Disabled World (2008/01/01)
- 6 - Submit: Disability News, Articles, Events, Press Releases | Disabled World (2008/01/01)
- 7 - About Us | Disabled World (2008/01/01)
- 👉 For further related information see our full list of Disabled World Information Documents - (Currently Listing 18 Fact Sheets).
- 👉 RSS: If you use a feed reader you are welcome to freely subscribe to our latest Disabled World Information publications.