Aquamin and Osteoarthritis
Author: Disabled World
The use of Aquamin a natural and multi-mineral ingredient seaweed-derived mineral source when used for relief from Osteoarthritis.
Main DigestAquamin is a type of natural and multi-mineral ingredient, seaweed-derived mineral source. It is calcium rich, has magnesium and 74 additional trace minerals to include iron, zinc and selenium. Aquamin is produced from, 'Lithothamnion,' a red algae species, that is only found in three locations around the world to include Iceland and the south-west coast of Ireland.
In its growth phase, the algae absorb essential minerals from the sea, giving Aquamin its multi-mineral content. The algae then break down and naturally settle on the bed of the sea. The calcified skeletal remains are collected, washed, dried, and then milled into four different forms for drink and food applications. No additives are included as ingredients. Due to the fact only mature material is harvested and not the live young plant, sustainability is guaranteed. The plant regenerates itself consistently and there is no interference with its renewal process.
Aquamin, unlike other products available on the market, offers people a range of minerals from a single, natural source. The product is very bio-available, meaning a person's body absorbs the nutrients in it easily. The minerals work in synergy and a person's overall health benefits are enhanced. It is also important to note that the addition of Aquamin causes a minimal disruption to manufacturing processes and:
- Comes from a sustainable source
- Delivers clinically proven health benefits
- Improves a person's joint and bone health
- Is a natural type of multi-mineral ingredient
Aquamin and Inflammation
Inflammation is a basic way a person's body reacts to irritation, infection, or an injury. The main features of this response include warmth, redness, pain, or swelling. Inflammatory responses are regulated by, 'cytokines,' which are proteins that serve as messengers between a person's cells. Cytokines are protein molecules that assist in the regulation of a person's immune response and inflammation. Abnormal regulation of cytokines may lead to a number of inflammatory conditions.
Aquamin has been demonstrated to positively alter the molecular pathways that cytokines follow in inflammation. It reduces a person's inflammatory response by inhibiting the secretion of pro-inflammation, 'cytokines TNF a,' or tumor necrosis factor-alpha as well as, 'IL-IB,' or interleukin-1B). Aquamin can help with inflammation related to osteoarthritis. It has been demonstrated to alleviate symptoms of osteoarthritis, such as stiffness and pain, and to increase walking distances and a person's general mobility.
Nutritional Journal stated that Aquamin is a natural mineral supplement that provides relief from knee osteoarthritis symptoms according to a randomized and controlled pilot trial. It has also been demonstrated that Aquamin can help a person to reduce their use of Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAID's). NSAID's are are often times used to relieve that discomfort and pain associated with osteoarthritis, yet have unwanted side effects.
Additional investigations continue with the goal of establishing Aquamin's unique efficacy in areas related to inflammation not commonly associated with synthetic minerals. Scientific evidence supporting Aquamin's activity in inflammatory conditions to include irritable bowel syndrome and osteoporosis will be presented as they become available. Aquamin has a number of benefits as a natural choice to boost the nutritional profile range of drinks and foods. Its unique and porous, honeycomb structure ensures that it will not adversely affect the product's texture or taste. In addition, it is not bitter, chalky, or dry. Aquamin is available in four different formats; each of the formats is tailored to particular end product uses:
- Aquamin Soluble: Used for flavored waters and clear drinks such as health or sports drinks.
- Aquamin F: Used for pasta, cereals, processed meats, baked products, confectionery, and ice cream.
- Aquamin S: Used for hard to fortify low Ph systems such as frozen desserts and juice-based products.
- Aquamin TG: Used as a granulated natural mineral source, with added and unmodified corn starch for use in dietary supplements.
By the year 2050, one fourth of the population of the world is predicted to be over the age of 60. For many of these people, maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle despite increasing age is important. People who experience forms of arthritis such as osteoarthritis want to keep moving and enjoying life, despite their particular age.
Generally, the aging process causes stiff joints and a decrease in a person's mobility. The worst case scenario involves the onset of conditions such as joint inflammation, osteoarthritis, or osteoporosis which restrict a person's movements and prevent their pursuit of an active lifestyle. For a generation that often times perceives itself as energetic, vibrant, and youthful - these prospects can be worrying. Many people are seeking a means to control and improve their overall health and well-being. One of the solutions is Aquamin.
Effects of Aquamin F on Osteoarthritis of the Knee
The objective of this trial is to evaluate the effect of Aquamin F alone or in combination with glucosamine sulfate versus placebo on symptoms of joint pain, stiffness and immobility in subjects with painful osteoarthritis of the knee.
Aquamin F for knee osteoarthritis
This small preliminary study suggests Aquamin may increase range of motion and walking distances in subjects with OA of the knee and may allow partial withdrawal of NSAIDs over 12 weeks of treatment.
Aquamin - Nature's Perfect Calcium
Aquamin is a complete natural mineral complex produced from specially harvested red marine algae found off the coast of Ireland.
- 1 - Effects of Cinnamon on Learning and Brain Plasticity : Veterans Affairs Research Communications (2016/07/22)
- 2 - Chromotherapy: Lighting Color Therapy for Health : Disabled World (2010/10/04)
- 3 - Immunotherapy Treatment Options and Information : Epipen (2010/02/01)
- 4 - Naturopathic Medicine Now a Regulated Healthcare Practice in MA, PA and RI : Institute for Natural Medicine (2017/10/08)
- 5 - Grandparents Practicing Outdated Health Remedies Can Pose Safety Threat On Grandchildren : Northwell Health (2017/05/07)
- 6 - Massachusetts Governor Signs Naturopathic Medicine Bill : American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (2017/01/15)
- 7 - Australian Kakadu Plum May Help Treat Alzheimer's Disease : Kakadu Plum Co (2016/09/08)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.