Printable Reflexology Foot Chart Showing Pressure Points
Published: 2009-01-25 - Updated: 2019-11-28
Author: Disabled World | Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Peer-Reviewed Publication: N/A
Additional References: Reflexology Healing Publications
Synopsis: Reflexology foot chart you can print showing natural body healing zones or pressure areas on the soles of the feet. Reflexology is an alternative medicine involving application of pressure to the feet and hands with specific thumb, finger, and hand techniques without the use of oil or lotion. It may take the scientists hundreds of years to prove or disprove the claims of reflexology but if it works for you today isn't that all that matters?
Reflexology is regarded as a natural healing science and is based on a technique that applies pressure to areas of the feet.
Reflexology may be among the strangest of these concepts to our western way of thinking.
According to reflexologists, stress, fatigue, illness, toxins, and inactivity are harmful influences on the body that can be healed through reflexology treatment, which can be given by applying the right method of applying pressure on the right zone.
How can parts of your foot correspond with organs in the rest of your body?
How can doing something to your feet remove toxins from your heart, liver and kidneys?
It may take the scientists hundreds of years to prove or disprove the claims of reflexology but if it works for you today isn't that all that matters?
The list of negative side effects from reflexology is pretty much non-existent and the potential benefits are significant.
So, What Exactly is Reflexology?
Reflexology is an alternative medicine involving application of pressure to the feet and hands with specific thumb, finger, and hand techniques without the use of oil or lotion. It is based on a system of zones and reflex areas that reflect an image of the body on the feet and hands, with the premise that such work effects a physical change to the body. Reflexology was introduced to the United States in 1913 by William H. Fitzgerald, M.D. (1872-1942), an ear, nose, and throat specialist, and Dr. Edwin Bowers. Fitzgerald claimed that applying pressure had an anesthetic effect on other areas of the body.
According to several studies, the practice of reflexology in Denmark has resulted in reduced sick leave and absenteeism (and significant economic savings for the employers). Employees have consistently reported complete or partial improvement in conditions where they sought reflexologists' help and even relief for additional problems related to stress. In one municipal district, almost one-third of the employees reported greater satisfaction with their jobs after completing six sessions with a reflexologist.
- Reflexology is one of the most used alternative therapies in Denmark. A national survey from 2005 showed that 21.4% of the Danish population had used reflexology at some point in life and 6.1% had used reflexology within the previous year.
- A study from Norway showed that 5.6% of the Norwegian population in 2007 had used reflexology within the last 12 months.
Reflexology Feet Chart
A foot or feet reflexology chart shows the "reflex zones" worked by reflexologists on the soles of the feet.
With foot reflexology your left foot will relate physically to the left side of your body and the right foot will relate physically to the right side of your body.
Similar maps exist for the position of the reflexes on the hands and ears.
Most reflexology foot charts differ slightly from each other, but you can still use them as points of reference.
In the printable reflexology foot chart below, the color codes represent the various organs, or parts, of the human body.
- The left foot corresponds to the left side of the human body and all organs, valves, etc. found there.
- The right foot corresponds to the right side of the body and all the organs found there. For example, the liver is on the right side of the body, and therefore the corresponding reflex area is on the right foot.
Printable Reflexology Chart of the Feet
Disabled World is an independent disability community established in 2004 to provide disability news and information to people with disabilities, seniors, their family and/or carers. See our homepage for informative news, reviews, sports, stories and how-tos. You can also connect with us on Twitter and Facebook or learn more about Disabled World on our about us page.
Disabled World provides general information only. The materials presented are never meant to substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Financial support is derived from advertisements or referral programs, where indicated. Any 3rd party offering or advertising does not constitute an endorsement.
• Cite This Page (APA): Disabled World. (2009, January 25). Printable Reflexology Foot Chart Showing Pressure Points. Disabled World. Retrieved January 29, 2023 from www.disabled-world.com/medical/alternative/ayurveda/reflexology/foot-chart.php
• Permalink: <a href="https://www.disabled-world.com/medical/alternative/ayurveda/reflexology/foot-chart.php">Printable Reflexology Foot Chart Showing Pressure Points</a>