Detoxification Information Including Detox Diets
Synopsis: Information on body detoxification including detox diets, colon cleaning, and heavy metal elimination. Colon cleansing involves the use of herbs or enemas to remove food that proponents claim remains in the colon and rots, producing general ill-health. A full-body detox program should only be carried out if the body's normal cleansing functions are overwhelmed and not working properly.
Detoxification (detox for short) is the physiological or medicinal removal of toxic substances from a living organism, including, but not limited to, the human body, which is mainly carried out by the liver. Additionally, it can refer to the period of withdrawal during which an organism returns to homeostasis after long-term use of an addictive substance. In medicine, detoxification can be achieved by decontamination of poison ingestion and the use of antidotes, as well as techniques such as dialysis and (in a limited number of cases) chelation therapy.
Detoxification is an alternative medicine approach which proponents claim to rid the body of "toxins", accumulated harmful substances that are alleged to exert a negative effect on individual health - usually in the form of dieting, fasting, consuming exclusively, or avoiding specific foods such as fats, carbohydrates, fruits, vegetables, juices, herbs or water, through colon cleansing, and heavy metal chelation, the removal of dental fillings is also recommended. Toxins can be anything from junk food, pollution, smoke, alcohol, to medicines.
A full-body detox program should only be carried out if the body's normal cleansing functions are overwhelmed and not working properly. Such intense levels of toxic overload are typically caused by an improper diet, stress, overeating, sedentary lifestyle, illness, and poor health habits in general.
Article continues below image.Continued...
Colon cleansing involves the use of herbs or enemas to remove food that proponents claim remains in the colon and rots, producing general ill-health.
A Detox Diet (also called a cleansing diet) will remove toxins and poisons from your body.
The idea of a good detox diet is to eat pure and natural foods that will aid the function of the lymph, kidneys, and liver.
Detox diets can involve consuming extremely limited foods (only water or juice, a form of fasting), or eliminating certain foods from the diet (such as fats). Proponents claim that this will cause the body to burn accumulated stored fats, releasing fat-stored "toxins" into the blood, which can then be eliminated through the blood, skin, urine, feces, and breath.
An easy-to-follow detox diet may include a change of lifestyle and eating/drinking habits to include:
- Drinking 8 glasses of water every day - Water flushes your system of unwanted waste; helps boost your metabolism; and gives you a feeling of fullness longer. Drinking lots of water is one of the most important aspects of detoxing your body.
- Fruits and Vegetables - Eat lots of colorful vegetables and fruits as they will provide all the natural sugar intake you need. In addition, fruits and vegetables are very high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that help prevent and treat many diseases.
- Coffee Elimination - To help curb coffee withdrawal cravings or headaches, you can substitute with green tea while your body detoxes from coffee.
Certain devices are promoted to allegedly remove toxins from the body.
One version is a foot bath using a mild electric current, while another involves small adhesive pads applied to the skin. In both cases, the production of an alleged brown "toxin" appears after a brief delay. As for the foot bath, the "toxin" is actually small amounts of rusted iron leaching from the electrodes, while the adhesive pads change color due to oxidation of the pads' ingredients in response to the skin's moisture.
Heavy Metals Detoxification
Safe and effective removal of heavy metals and toxins is an evolving field of medical practice, and with the highly sophisticated and strategic therapies now available, it's possible for everyone, including cancer and chronically ill patients, to detox with little or no side effects.
Advocates of heavy metals' detoxification may recommend the removal of dental amalgam fillings under the guise of mercury poisoning.
Will detox cause weight loss?
It is almost a certainty that a good detox diet will help you lose weight. Sweating from exercising will get help get rid of toxins in your body, which will speed up the process of a full-body detox.
A detox diet is not too effective if you are only on it for a few days, as toxins are stored in body fat.
- Algae called Marine Phytoplankton helps in cell detoxification.
- The practice of natural colon cleansing dates back to Ancient Greece.
- Epsom salt baths and Dry skin brushing help the lymphatic system detoxification.
- Herbal teas, also called healing teas, help in eliminating the toxic waste and fecal matter from the colon.
- Green juices and wheatgrass help in cleansing the lymph system, detoxify cells and nourishes the blood, kidneys, and liver.
- Zeolites, a natural detoxifying mineral, is known to eliminate heavy metals like cadmium, mercury, arsenic, and lead in addition to herbicides and pesticides.
- One of the theories behind colon cleansing is the ancient belief of auto-intoxication. This is the belief that undigested meat and other foods rot and cause mucus buildup in the colon.
- Calcium Montmorillonite Clay, used in clay bath is used in detoxification in addition to treating pain, acne, anemia, open wounds, colitis, diarrhea, intestinal problems, stomach ulcers, and hemorrhoids.
- Ayurvedic medicine, a traditional healing system that has developed over thousands of years, utilizes detoxification methods to treat many chronic conditions and to prevent illness.
- Colonic irrigation also known as colon hydrotherapy, colonic hydrotherapy, or a colonic, is a treatment which is used to wash out the contents of the large bowel through copious enemas using water or other medication.
- Detoxification methods of healing have been used for thousands of years. Fasting is one of the oldest therapeutic practices in medicine. Hippocrates, the ancient Greek known as the "Father of Western medicine," recommended fasting as a means for improving health.
- Certain approaches in alternative medicine claim to remove toxins from the body through herbal, electrical or electromagnetic treatments (such as the Aqua Detox treatment). These toxins are undefined and have no scientific basis, making the validity of such techniques questionable.
Share This Information To:
𝕏.com Facebook Reddit
Subtopics and Associated Subjects
Information, Citing and Disclaimer
Disabled World is an independent disability community founded in 2004 to provide disability news and information to people with disabilities, seniors, their family and/or carers. See our homepage for informative reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can connect with us on social media such as X.com and our Facebook page.
Permalink: <a href="https://www.disabled-world.com/medical/alternative/detoxification/">Detoxification Information Including Detox Diets</a>
Cite This Page (APA): Disabled World. (2022, April 13). Detoxification Information Including Detox Diets. Disabled World. Retrieved September 23, 2023 from www.disabled-world.com/medical/alternative/detoxification/
Disabled World provides general information only. The materials presented are never meant to substitute for qualified professional medical care, nor should they be construed as such. Funding is derived from advertisements or referral programs. Any 3rd party offering or advertising does not constitute an endorsement.