Learn the Remedies of Homeopathy
Author: Joette Calabrese
Published: 2009-01-22 : (Rev. 2013-06-14)
Learn how to comprehend the intricacies and key notes of each of the Homeopathy remedies and cures.
Main DigestThere are many hundreds of homeopathic remedies on the market today. Some of them are new to the scene, most have been around since the last century. Indeed, homeopathy has no gimmicks, no capricious ways. It is a solid rock of established medical thought. The compendium of its voluminous material medical is a result of the world's great medical minds.
But how can we ever hope to learn the myriad of remedies available? How can we expect to comprehend the intricacies and key notes of each of the remedies? The most valuable way to study homeopathy is to roll up your sleeves and dig in. I realize this sounds trite, however there are little techniques that I've employed over the last 2 decades to polish my craft to a luster. I'm happy to share them with you.
1) Break down your study into compartments. That is, don't look at the whole body of homeopathic literature (it's voluminous), but rather the areas of most interest to you. Is it first aid? Pregnancy? Sports injuries? Whatever your interest, purchase books that will keep your study organized.
2) With a good Materia Medica at hand such as Morrisons Desk top Guide, open the book and find the most interesting remedies for your study. The most interesting ones are those that have or could potentially touch your life. For example, if you have achy joints, you might want to study Rhus tox, Ruta, Arnica, etc. Study the keynotes and differentials. Then (and this is key if you are a serious student) write down the most important aspects on a 3x5 card for later review. I have kept these cards rubber-banded in my purse and car for quick reference.
3) Find CD's with material medical so that your study can be approached from an audio point of view.
4) Take every course on classical homeopathy that comes your way: live, virtual, CD sets, etc. Anything that you find appealing, affordable and doable.
5) Never waste a moment in your study. Keep an inexpensive book of remedies in the car. While waiting to pick up the kids, study, review and commit to memory new remedies.
6) When taking on materia medica or even the principles and laws of homeopathy the best way for the concepts to sink in is with familiarity. Tape a 3x5 card with a few key notes (as indicated above) to the window above your kitchen sink so that you can glance at it while doing the dishes. Do the same on the mirror above the bathroom sink so that it can be read while brushing your teeth. It is particularly valuable to do this with remedies that can be associated with the action. For example Plantago can be placed near the toothbrush since it is a remedy for gums and mouth issues. Silica can be placed in side your warm woolly slippers to be viewed every time you put them on to aid in remembering that Silica has cold feet.
These little tricks can fool your mind into absorbing information without as much effort as expected. As a devotee to this remarkable medicine I encourage anyone interested in pursuing homeopathic knowledge to not become overwhelmed. Take it step by step and make it fun. The more creative you are in your study, the more likely you'll be able to retain the information. Happy studying!
Reference: "Health is not random" says homeopath, Joette Calabrese HMC, CCH, RSHom(Na). Her book Cure Yourself and Family With Homeopathy and her CDs Perform in the Storm, a Homeopathy First Aid and Secret Spoonfuls; How to get Healthy Foods into Kids Without Getting Caught are collections of experiences as a skilled homeopathic consultant to hundreds.
Her lively, entertaining examples and solutions of what to use for the most common ailments a homeopath is confronted with, have graced national journals such as Homeopathy Today and Wise Traditions. The author, practitioner, mother splits her time between working with clients throughout the U.S. and abroad and speaking in arenas such as Chautauqua Institute, national radio shows and college campuses. Join her at www.homeopathyworks.net for events, forums and consultations.
- 1 - Use and Satisfaction with Homeopathic Medicine in America : Massachusetts General Hospital (2016/02/18)
- 2 - Homeopathy for Headaches : Joette Calabrese (2009/01/22)
- 3 - Learn the Remedies of Homeopathy : Joette Calabrese (2009/01/22)
- 4 - Homeopathy Natural Treatment for Burns : Joette Calabrese (2009/01/22)
- 5 - Homeopathy for Dislocations of Extremities : Joette Calabrese (2009/01/22)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.