Home Remedies for Wrinkles and Wrinkle Prevention
- Publish Date: 2009/02/20 - (Rev. 2018/09/02)
- Author: Joseph N.
Outline: If you want to do something about your wrinkles you should try some of these home remedies.
If you want to do something about those wrinkles that seem to be creeping up on you as you age you should try some home remedies.
There are many advertisements for products saying they can do just that.
Our skin becomes less elastic and thickens as we grow older; this makes the lines and wrinkles that add character to an older persons face. Many experts believe using products to reduce wrinkles is only delaying the aging process. There are many things on the market that people can use, but there are also home remedies that work quite well.
There are lotions and creams that contain alpha hydroxic acids; they work by getting rid of the dead cells on the surface of the skin. These are also known as AHA's and contain vitamin D which comes from milk, fruits and sugar cane. They help get rid of skin damaging free radicals and encourage the growth of collagen which fills in the wrinkles.
Some people experience skin irritation, make sure and test to be sure you don't have an adverse reaction to the cream or lotion. Take a small amount of cream and try it in small inconspicuous area such as behind your ear lobe. The skin is also very sensitive there so if it doesn't turn red by the next day, it is ok for you to use.
Exfoliate Your Skin Twice a Week
This will remove old dead dried up skin and encourage new skin cells to grow. Doing this will also help the lotion to absorb into your skin better as it is hydrated. Use a moisturizer every morning after cleansing to help keep the moisture in your skin.
- The Aloe Vera plant contains malic acid which helps to reduce wrinkles. Just cut a piece off the plant leaf and apply the oil or the plant leaf to your skin.
- Papaya can be used also; it contains enzymes which help clear away the top layer of skin. Slice a piece off and apply it to any problem areas.
- The ultra violet sun rays also cause wrinkles so you should use a cream that contains SPF30 to protect your skin.
- Fresh avocado has vitamin E, which is an antioxidant. These have been proven to protect skin from the sun. Fresh avocado would be a great natural way to protect you from the suns damaging rays.
- Drinking lots of water and following a diet rich in Omega3 and Omega 6 fatty acids. These are foods that will improve your skin cells.
- Exercise regularly to improve your over all circulation.
- Smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol is bad for your skin and causes wrinkles, so just don't do it.
- Avoid stress; overuse of your facial muscles such as frowning a lot will cause more unattractive wrinkles to form.
The hours of ten in the morning until four in the afternoon are the worst times to be outside, so if you have to go out, try to avoid this time of day. If you must go out, wear a hat, sunglasses and long sleeves or carry an umbrella to protect you from the sun.
Taking Steps to Prevent Wrinkles
The natural way is cheaper and less dangerous than the alternatives such as laser surgery of injecting chemicals. You need to take action now and take care of your skin to avoid the expense of using more aggressive methods.
It is a fact in life that sooner or later you are going to have wrinkles on your face and body, which as we all do know is a normal part of aging. Of course you can use creams, lotions, and treatments, but this can get very expensive.
If you want to do something about your wrinkles instead of just watching them happen, you should try some home remedies that are being used by many to combat wrinkles and will help you will save money and perhaps even get better results.
Make Your Own Face Cleansers
- Simply mix the contents of three vitamin E capsules with two tablespoons of plain yogurt, one half tablespoon of lemon juice and one half tablespoon of honey.
- Mix it all together and apply it to your face with a cotton ball.
- Leave this mixture on your face for about ten minutes and rinse off.
- This mix can easily be stored in a bottle with a lid for future use.
- To make, mix up one fourth cup of comfrey infusion, one fourth cup of witch hazel and ten drops of patchouli essential oil.
Make a Mask for Your Face
- Mix one teaspoon each of raspberry juice, orange juice, and olive oil.
- Then add whipped yoke of an egg and two tablespoons of ground oatmeal.
- Mix this all up thoroughly.
- Let the mixture set for twenty minutes before using.
- Apply this to your face like a mask and let it dry. Once it dries wash it off with warm water.
Coconut oil or pineapple is good to use on your face also:
- Apply to your skin and leave on for ten or fifteen minutes.
- Rinse it off after the time is up.
- This is good to apply in the pore areas at night before going to bed.
Thompson seedless grapes is a good skin care product, use the green ones:
- Just cut it in half and crush the juice on your face gently.
- Let your skin soak this up for twenty minutes then rinse with warm water.
- Let your skin dry naturally in the air.
Make a paste of turmeric with sugarcane juice:
Effective method to eliminate wrinkles and slow skin aging.
Have a Regular Facial
A facial helps you look younger. It does this by increasing blood circulation, this makes the muscles in your face get tighter. Naturally when this happens it takes the sagging out and your face looks younger.
- Start from the neck and go upwards when you do a facial, ending at your forehead.
- Use your fingers and massage in a circular motion. This will make it go faster and massage better than using your whole hand.
- Pinch the skin between your thumb and fingers if you find wrinkles on your jaw.
- Clean your face thoroughly with wet cotton before using any home remedies for wrinkles on your face.
This will remove any makeup, dirt from the elements or anything else you have come in contact with. It will also open your skin pores so your treatments will work more effectively.
Protect Yourself From the Sun
- Wear sunglasses and a hat.
- Try using an umbrella to shade yourself from the suns damaging rays. This will help keep you from getting "crows feet" that form on the corners of your eyes.
- 1 - How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles | Dr. Kay (2009/07/03)
- 2 - Copper Sulfate (Bluestone): Uses and Remedies | Disabled World (2014/09/10)
- 3 - Hangover Causes and Home Remedy Cures | Disabled World (2009/01/16)
- 4 - Effective Natural Home Cures for Cervical Spondylosis | Disabled World (2012/03/30)
- 5 - Home Remedies for Toothache Pain | Kevin Pederson (2009/02/20)
- 6 - How to Treat Dark Circles Under Eyes | Juliet Cohen (2009/07/03)
- RSS: If you use a feed reader you are welcome to freely subscribe to our latest Home Remedies publications.
- 👉 For further related information see our full list of Home Remedies Documents - (Currently Listing 27 Fact Sheets).