Medical Marijuana Sales to Reach $1.7 Billion in 2011
Author: See Change Strategy LLC
Medical marijuana markets are rapidly growing across the country and will reach $1.7 billion this year.
Main Digest"The State of the Medical Marijuana Markets 2011" First Ever Investor-Grade Analysis Report of the Marijuana Marketplace in the United States.
Medical marijuana is now a $1.7 billion market, according to a new report released today by See Change Strategy LLC, an independent financial analysis firm that specializes in new and unique markets. To put that number in perspective, it will soon rival the annual sales of Viagra.
The report draws on more than 300 survey responses and dozens of interviews with market participants and resulted in the following findings:
24.8 million people are eligible to receive a recommendation and purchase marijuana legally under state laws, and approximately 730,000 people actually do.
Medical marijuana markets exist in seven states (California, Colorado, Michigan, Montana, Oregon, Washington and New Mexico) and will open this year in five more (Arizona, Maine, New Jersey, Rhode Island and the District of Columbia).
Current marijuana markets will double in the next five years. The two major drivers of growth will be patient access (the number of legal patients will rise) and regulatory clarity (states will adopt regulation and license processes that facilitate the sale of medical marijuana).
"Medical marijuana markets are rapidly growing across the country and will reach $1.7 billion this year," said Ted Rose, editor of the report. "We undertook this effort because we noticed a dearth of reliable market information about this politically charged business."
"Hundreds of businesses exist around the country that cultivate and sell marijuana to customers. Many of these businesses emerged in the wake of the Obama Administration's decision to de-prioritize federal prosecutions of individuals and business complying with state medical marijuana laws. The State of the Medical Marijuana Markets 2011 shows which states represent the most active markets, who is making money, and how are they doing it," said Rose.
The report, which contains proprietary information on the size, saturation, and potential of markets, as well as basic business models and financing options, is available for $1,150.
Visit www.medicalmarijuanamarkets.com for the Executive Summary and Methodology.
- 1 - U.S. Medical Cannabis Protections Extended to 46 States : Ultra Health (2018/03/27)
- 2 - Medical Marijuana for Pain Treatment in Elderly Patients : Disabled World (2016/09/21)
- 3 - Medical Cannabis Significantly Safer than Opioids for Seniors with Chronic Pain : American Associates, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (2018/02/13)
- 4 - Medical Marijuana for Arthritis Pain : Thomas C. Weiss (2012/11/08)
- 5 - Quebec Patients Have Legal Access to Medical Marihuana : MEDME SERIVCES LTD. (2010/07/14)
- 6 - Veterans with PTSD - Medical Marijuana Treatment Options : Thomas C. Weiss (2014/02/01)
- 7 - Medical Marijuana Rated Much More Effective in Treating Fibromyalgia Symptoms Than Drugs : The National Pain Foundation (2014/04/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.