Palm Beach County First Medical Marijuana School
Author: Institute of Medical Cannabis : Contact: www.instituteofmedicalcannabis.com
Published: 2014-04-14 : (Rev. 2014-04-16)
Institute of Medical Cannabis is opening a Palm Beach County medical marijuana school where students will learn about medical cannabis and the industry in general.
Main DigestFirst Medical Marijuana School to Open in Palm Beach County.
While most schools are getting ready for summer break, the Institute of Medical Cannabis is preparing to open its doors as Palm Beach County's first medical marijuana (mmj) school.
At IMC, students will learn about medical cannabis & the medical cannabis industry while attending lectures and receiving practical training in fully operational grow rooms.
The school will offer four courses, with a primary focus on cultivation.
Anyone that is interested in cultivating cannabis either as a patient, caregiver, or for a dispensary should take these courses. "Our business model is a little different than others; we take a hands-on approach here & students will get dirty," says Sheridan Rafer, founder and instructor at IMC.
As both his brother-in-law and one of his best friends battle Multiple Sclerosis, Rafer takes the fight for medical cannabis seriously. He volunteers with United For Care, the organization responsible for getting Amendment 2 (Medical Marijuana) on the ballot, and created the Institute of Medical Cannabis to help patients & their caregivers gain the skills necessary to have access to the most affordable and highest quality medicine. With early approval projections well over 70%, Florida is expected to become the next medical marijuana state this November.
For the time being, it will only be vegetables & legal herbs that are grown at Palm Beach County's first mmj school; but you better believe they will be the best tasting organically grown vegetables & herbs you have ever had!
John M. Gatti Jr. M.S., instructor at IMC, has over 30 years' experience as a plant pathologist working in greenhouses & laboratories, cultivating plants, sampling soil, diagnosing and preventing diseases.
Rafer has over 10 years' experience growing and breeding cannabis; including award winning strains, & specializes in grow room design, medical marijuana strains & lineage, breeding, grow equipment, organic soil & nutrients, and harvest & post-harvest techniques.
Together, this dynamic duo has created a unique & streamlined curriculum designed to teach students in the most efficient and timely manner. Registration begins in April & classes are expected to fill quickly.
For more information please contact the Institute of Medical Cannabis at (844)-FL-CANNABIS or visit us at IMCflorida.org
- 1 - U.S. Medical Cannabis Protections Extended to 46 States : Ultra Health (2018/03/27)
- 2 - Medical Marijuana for Pain Treatment in Elderly Patients : Disabled World (2016/09/21)
- 3 - Medical Cannabis Significantly Safer than Opioids for Seniors with Chronic Pain : American Associates, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (2018/02/13)
- 4 - Medical Marijuana for Arthritis Pain : Thomas C. Weiss (2012/11/08)
- 5 - Quebec Patients Have Legal Access to Medical Marihuana : MEDME SERIVCES LTD. (2010/07/14)
- 6 - Veterans with PTSD - Medical Marijuana Treatment Options : Thomas C. Weiss (2014/02/01)
- 7 - Medical Marijuana Rated Much More Effective in Treating Fibromyalgia Symptoms Than Drugs : The National Pain Foundation (2014/04/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.