Recalls and Advisories: Health and Disability Product Warnings
Disabled World: Revised/Updated: 2018/10/02
Synopsis: Recent government regulatory agencies recalls alerts and warnings relating to medical drugs health and disability products.
Recent government regulatory agencies recalls alerts and warnings relating to medical, drugs, health, and disability products.
A product recall is defined as a request to return a product after the discovery of safety issues or product defects that might endanger the consumer or put the maker/seller at risk of legal action. To provide better service in alerting the American people to unsafe, hazardous or defective products, six federal agencies with vastly different jurisdictions have joined together to create www.recalls.gov - a "one stop shop" for U.S. Government recalls.
Disabled World helps enhance consumer safety by providing current product recall and advisory information based on notifications provided as a service to health professionals, consumers, and other interested parties.
The following warnings and recall information is acquired from International Federal, State, Local governments, manufacturers, distributors, and national news including press releases.
Health Canada provides timely information on issues that concern the health of Canadians.
Recalls.gov provides recent USA based recalls issued by six government regulatory agencies, and the FDA web site includes the most significant product actions of the last 60 days, based on the extent of distribution and the degree of health risk.
Recalls.gov.au provides advisory information on current product recall information based on notifications provided to the Minister for Competition Policy and Consumer Affairs.
Associated Sub-Topics and Pertinent Documents
Suggested Related Articles
- 1 - FDA Restricts Sale and Distribution of Essure - U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) - (2018/04/09).
- 2 - FDA Warns About Illegal Use of Injectable Silicone for Body Contouring and Associated Health Risks - U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) - (2017/11/14).
- 3 - FDA Warning: Potential Contamination in Multiple Brands Of Drugs, Dietary Supplements - U.S. Food and Drug Administration - (2017/08/14).
- 4 - FDA Warning: Elevated Levels of Belladonna in Certain Homeopathic Teething Products - U.S. Food and Drug Administration - (2017/01/30).
- 5 - Laundry Detergent Pods Pose Deadly Risk for Children - Nationwide Children's Hospital - (2014/11/10).
- 6 - Toxic Hair Straightener Products Under Recall Still Sold in U.S. - Women's Voices for the Earth - (2014/03/20).
- 👉 For further related information see our full list of Recalls - Advisories Documents - (77 Fact Sheets).