Home Help for Elderly - Bestowing New Life
Author: Adrian Richards
Published: 2009-07-21 : (Rev. 2009-08-31)
Synopsis and Key Points:
If you have elderly relatives at home you know how hard it is to take care of them especially when they are seriously ill.
Main DigestIf you have elderly relatives at home you know how hard it is to take care of them, especially when they are seriously ill or completely unable to perform normal regular activities. Home care providers play an important part here.
If you have elderly relatives at home you know how hard it is to take care of them, especially when they are seriously ill or completely unable to perform normal regular activities. Home care providers play an important part here.
With wide range of services and professional help for elderly people home care service providers shares the responsibility and reduce the burden from our shoulders.
At elderly homes you have nurses and paramedics trained especially to look after aged people. From professional nursing care and companionship to rehabilitative therapies and palliative care home help for elderly covers a wide range of medical and mental support services
Activities are necessary for living a healthy life. Personal care givers know how to keep elderly people busy in simple activities and exercises.
Other personal cares include:
Bathing and toileting
Incontinence care for people who are unable to control urination and defecation
Special diet preparation
So, when you are away from home for longer time period or busy with your work you can ask for personal care services for your granny without hesitation.
Companionship and Homemaking:
Companionship is an integral part of modern 'live in care' services for elderly people. Accompanying over a meal or simple conversations with elderly people makes them happy.
Companionship services generally cover:
Helping in meal preparation
Light housekeeping including dusting, sweeping, cleaning home appliances and organizing closets
Errands and grocery shopping
Recreational activities like board games or a walk outside
Alzheimer's and Dementia Care:
One of the toughest jobs is to take care of people suffering from Alzheimer's or the loss of memory. It is a disease and patients of dementia need constant attention.
Home care services for dementia include:
Respite care in the absence of family members
Comprehensive personal care
Mind stimulating intellectual activities
If you are a working lady and don't have much to spend at home you can call for a professional aide.
A terminal illness is a challenge not only for the patient but for his/her family as well.
Home care providers can help you in the most difficult times with their services:
Help in daily activities
Live in care can complement the need of intense care and love that elderly people want especially when they have lost the ability to perform normal activities due to age or illness.
This service is designed to support old people suffering from:
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Apart from paid home care service agencies there are several social service organizations offering health care and personal care services at little or no fee. Those who can not afford costly home help social service organizations are their only recourse.
Hard it might be, but when you finally have decided for home care service for the elderly member of your family stay positive. Modern elderly homes offer best of medical care and mental support services for elderly people so that they never feel neglected. Living in constant care of doctors, paramedics and trained nurses will help them to stand up on their feet again and look at life with a new zest.
Reference: Henry Scott is a self-published author and social worker. He writes on various topics including home care providers and home help for elderly people.
- 1 - Nursing Profession: Personality Profile of Nurses Study : PsychTests AIM Inc. (2016/03/20)
- 2 - Key COVID-19 Recommendations to Nursing Homes, State and Local Governments Issued by Trump Administration : Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) (2020/04/02)
- 3 - Urgent Care Centers: Alternative to Emergency Room or Doctor Visit : MD Now Urgent Care Walk In Medical Centers (2016/04/22)
- 4 - Virtual Rehabilitation Designed to Aid Stroke Therapy Patients : Amber Harmon - International Science Grid this Week (2014/04/18)
- 5 - Hospitals with Internet and Email Access : Disabled World (2009/06/25)
- 6 - Dangers of Hospital Merger or Consolidation : Johns Hopkins Medicine (2015/08/18)
- 7 - Things to do in Hospital for Children and Adults : Disabled World (2009/06/26)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.