North American Wheelchair Accessible and Mobility Vehicle Statistics
Published : 2019-05-04
Author : Research and Markets - Contact: researchandmarkets.com
🛈 Synopsis : 2018 Data, Analysis and Forecast for 2019 to 2023 wheelchair accessible and mobility vehicles by market size, shares, segmentation, competitors, growth, channels and trends for non-emergency medical transport and ambulatory vehicles. Paratransit or mobility vehicles statistics for personal and commercial use in North America. Increasing use of full-size Euro-style passenger vans relative to ADA-compliant cutaway buses.
The "Wheelchair-Accessible/Mobility Vehicles in North America - Market Size, Shares, Segmentation, Competitors, Growth, Channels & Trends for Non-Emergency Medical Transport/Ambulatory Vehicles in North America, 2018 Data & Analysis, 2019-2023 Forecast" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offering.
This market research report examines the business of converting/upfitting vans and fabrication of cutaway buses into wheelchair-accessible and ambulatory vehicles, also known as paratransit or mobility vehicles, for personal and commercial use in North America.
The report examines three segments that are converted into wheelchair-accessible vehicles-minivans, Euro-style ready vans such as the Ford Transit and Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, and buses on cutaway chassis. Of note is the increasing use of full-size Euro-style passenger vans relative to ADA-compliant cutaway buses.
Sixty-two companies converted/upfitted more than 40,000 vans and cutaway buses into wheelchair-accessible vehicles in 2018, for a combined annual value of over $2 billion. Though a fragmented business with several regional converters/upfitters, over 75% of conversion/upfitting is done by the ten leading players.
The report provides a comprehensive competitive analysis of all participants, with market shares in units and dollars; this data is also provided in MS Excel format.
Wheelchair accessible Honda Odyssey Mini-Van.
Demand for wheelchair-accessible vehicles is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 5% through 2023, driven by an aging population and increasing use of wheelchair-accessible Euro-style ready compact vans in the private commercial segment, especially as taxi cabs.
Attractive opportunities exist for major players with conversion/upfit capabilities in related segments, e.g., vans, buses and limos, who seek product diversification either through new entry or through identification of acquisition candidates.
The report can be put to immediate use for sales and market planning, M&A identification, competitive share analysis, alliances and technology transfer considerations.
Key Topics Covered
2 Product Types
2.2 Euro-Style Ready Vans
2.3 Buses on Cutaway Chassis
3 Market Size Estimates - Units & Dollars 2018
4 Market Shares: Competitive Analysis in Units & Dollars
4.1 Industry Participants by Type
4.2 Industry Participants' Product Mix
4.3 Market Shares: All
4.4 Market Shares: By Entry Method
5 Market Shares: By Mobility Vehicle Type
5.1.1 Market Shares: All
5.1.2 Market Shares: New Minivans - By Vehicle Platform
5.1.3 Market Shares: New Minivans - By Entry Mode
5.1.4 Market Shares: New Minivans - By Entry Mode & Ramp Type
5.1.5 Market Shares: New Minivans - By End Users
5.2 Euro-Style Ready Vans
5.2.1 Market Shares: New
5.2.2 Market Shares: New Ready Vans By Vehicle Platform
5.3 Buses on Cutaway Chassis
5.3.1 Market Shares: All
5.3.2 Market Shares: By Floor Type & Entry Mode
6 Market Analysis
6.1 Average Price
6.2 Distribution Channels
7 Market Dynamics & Demand Factors
7.1 Mobility Vehicles by Type
7.2 Mergers, Acquisitions & Closures
7.2.1 Recent Developments (2018)
7.3 Financial Aid & Support
7.4 Alternative Fuel Technology
8 Outlook 2019-2023
9 Participants by Region
10 Key Data of Participants
11.1 Conversion Process of Minivans into Mobility Vehicles
11.2 Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance
12 Profiles of Participants (62 companies profiled)
List of Excel worksheets in Data Tables section:
- Summary: Segment Totals: Units, dollars & average price
- Market Shares-All-Top 20: Market Shares: Top 20 - Units, dollars & average price by manufacturer
- Minivans-All: Market Shares: Units, dollars & average price by participants
- Euro-Style Vans: Market Shares: Units, dollars & average price by participants
- Cutaway Buses: Market Shares: Units, dollars & average price by participants
- Mfr. Location: All Participant Locations: city and state/province
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/s1ygt1
Source/Reference: Research and Markets (researchandmarkets.com). Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
Related Market Research Documents
- 1: Hearing Aids Market Worth $7 Billion by 2025 - CAGR: 3.9% : Report published by Polaris Market Research reveals the global hearing aids market is anticipated to reach USD 6,992.1 million by 2025.
- 2: Virtual Reality Entertainment Market To Reach $3.3 Billion by 2020 : Consumer spending on VR headsets will be $1.6 billion in 2016, bolstered heavily by the launch of high-end headsets from Oculus, HTC and Sony.
- 3: Speech/Voice Recognition Market Worth $18.3 Billion USD by 2023 : Increased demand for speech-based biometric systems for multifactor authentication and growing impact of artificial intelligence (AI) on the accuracy of speech and voice recognition drive the growth of the market.
- 4: Molecular Profiling of Cancer Tumors : Implications for Precision Medicine : Advances in molecular profiling of tumor cells have increased potential of evolution of cancer cells and showcased need for early cancer diagnosis and personalized disease management.
- 5: Analgesics Market Anticipated to Reach $US 79 Billion by End 2028 : Global prescription analgesics market anticipated to reach $US 79B by 2028 end, up from an estimated US$ 47.5 Bn in 2018.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Research and Markets. Electronic Publication Date: 2019-05-04. Title: North American Wheelchair Accessible and Mobility Vehicle Statistics, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/medical/research/mobility-statistics.php>North American Wheelchair Accessible and Mobility Vehicle Statistics</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-11, from https://www.disabled-world.com/medical/research/mobility-statistics.php - Reference: DW#506-13693.