Global Hearing Aids Market - Increasing Participation of Tech Giants
Author: Persistence Market Research : Contact: persistencemarketresearch.com
Published: 2016-11-11 : (Rev. 2016-11-15)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Developments in global market for hearing aids projecting promising expansion over forecast period of 2016-2024, particularly due to Apple, Inc.'s efforts in enhancing iOS for users with hearing impairments.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has reported that in 2012, circa 360 million people in the world were suffering from hearing impairment.
Based on WHO's census, more than 90% of the deaf or impaired hearing consumers are adults, which is incidental to the growth in demand for advanced hearing aids. Four years from then, the global market for hearing aids affirms that the consumers for hearing impairment devices have grown extensively, consenting the global market to reach an estimated US$ 8,049.6 million by the end of 2016.
According to the report developed at Persistence Market Research, titled "Global Market Study on Hearing Aids: Digital Hearing Aids Technology Segment Anticipated to Register 3.9% CAGR Between 2016 and 2024," the global hearing aids market will expand at a CAGR of 3.9% and attain value of US$ 10,908.4 million by the end of forecast period.
The growth of global hearing aids market traverses global industries of healthcare, consumer electronics, as well as technology.
Global hearing aids market value share
Compensating the loss of hearing, these devices are developed after assessing the comfort, size and hearing comprehension preferences of consumers. Geriatric populations continue to retain their global dominance in terms of consumer preferences as a considerable proportion of aged people in the world develop some degree of hearing impairment.
On a discordant note, growth of the global hearing aids market is being curtailed due to the poor healthcare infrastructure in developing countries. Additionally, reduced reimbursement for treating hearing impairment diverts consumers from expensive and advanced hearing aids products.
Regionally, the US is projected to induce more interests towards expansion of its hearing aids market through product development.
Apple, Inc., global leader in consumer electronics based in the US, has been the latest addition in terms of key players participating in the global hearing aids market. Apple's EarPods are influencing the company to facilitate consumers with hearing impairment through Bluetooth hearing aids and an iOS that includes such accessibility features.
The new iOS 10 is slated to feature volume presets in accordance to multiple audiology designs that can assist comprehension of sounds and voice for user with disable hearing capabilities. Likewise, companies such as Sivantos Pte. Ltd., Cochlear Ltd., GN ReSound, Widex A/S, Starkey Hearing Technologies, Inc., Sonova, Amplifon S.p.A, and William Demant Holdings A/S, have incited expansion of the global hearing aids market significantly. Growing presence of people with hearing loss in the US has consolidated the position of North America as a dominating region in the global market for hearing aids. By 2024, North America's hearing aids market is anticipated to procure US$ 4,630 million in revenues, exhibiting progression at 3.7% CAGR.
Product-types such as receiver-in-the-ear (RIE) hearing aids, completely-in-the-canal (CIC) hearing aids, in-the-ear (ITE) hearing aids, behind-the-ear (BTE) hearing aids, and in-the-canal (ITC) hearing aids are demonstrating variable growth arrays, with specific domination of BTE hearing aids segment, which is projected to reach US$ 3,109.0 million value in 2016.
Growth of the global hearing aids market can also be fragmented into conventional hearing aids technology and digital hearing aids technology, with the former segment projected to endure 3.9% CAGR over the forecast period.
As opposed to online stores and ENT specialty clinics, audiology clinics are likely to be the dominant end-users for hearing aids and will account for nearly 50% share of the global market value.
For more information visit www.persistencemarketresearch.com/market-research/hearing-aids-market.asp
- 1: Hearing Aids Market Worth $7 Billion by 2025 - CAGR: 3.9% : Polaris Market Research (2020/10/22)
- 2: Virtual Reality Entertainment Market To Reach $3.3 Billion by 2020 : IHS (2016/10/06)
- 3: Speech/Voice Recognition Market Worth $18.3 Billion USD by 2023 : MarketsandMarkets (2017/08/04)
- 4: Molecular Profiling of Cancer Tumors : Implications for Precision Medicine : Adroit Market Research (2020/02/18)
- 5: Analgesics Market Anticipated to Reach $US 79 Billion by End 2028 : Future Market Insights (2018/08/16)
- 6: Adaptive Clothing Market: Future Trends and Forecasts : QYResearch (2019/06/18)
- 7: North American Wheelchair Accessible and Mobility Vehicle Statistics : Research and Markets (2019/05/04)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.