Benefits of Lipoabdominoplasty
Published : 2010-10-28 - Updated : 2010-11-13
Author : www.doctorangelchik.com
Synopsis* : Plastic surgery patients looking to sculpt their abdominal region often ask about liposuction or abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).
Main DigestPlastic surgery patients looking to sculpt their abdominal region often ask about liposuction or abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). However, even these procedures, which are very effective, may not be right for everyone.
However, all is not lost. A Brazilian plastic surgeon named Dr. Saldanha introduced a new technique that combined liposuction and the tummy tuck. Called lipoabdominoplasty, this procedure may be ideal for those looking to sculpt their midsection and tighten their abdominal muscles.
Lipoabdominoplasty uses the same principles as traditional liposuction and traditional abdominoplasty. However, the liposuction is more aggressive and the abdominoplasty avoids undermining the skin directly. By preserving blood vessels and nerves, the healing process is much easier.
First, liposuction of the abdomen is performed over the entire abdominal region. Next, skin beneath the navel is excised as in an abdominoplasty, however lymphatic vessels are not touched. This means less swelling after the procedure. The abdominal muscles are tightened and the skin is pulled down and closed with sutures.
Advantages of Lipoabdominoplasty
Improved abdominal sculpting because of the aggressive liposuction
Many patients will have a short scar
Lower rate of postoperative complications
Less likelihood of postoperative numbness
Less swelling, bruising, and pain
This is becoming a popular procedure for those who are seeking a midsection that is both sculpted through lipo, as well as has a tight region of muscles. There is also a high rate of success and satisfaction in lipoabdominoplasty patients.
If you are in the Scottsdale or Phoenix, Arizona area and would like more information on how you can benefit from lipoabdominoplasty, please visit the website of board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Paul Angelchik today at www.doctorangelchik.com
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, disability sports events, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Related Cosmetic Surgery Documents
- 1: Benefits of Mommy Makeover Cosmetic Surgery : The biggest benefit of a mommy makeover is the change it can produce in a woman's life and in her opinion of herself.
- 2: Those Traveling Abroad for Plastic Surgery Can Bring Home Serious Complications : Initial medical tourism surgery may be cheap, but can place significant burden on US public health systems when patients return from abroad with complications.
- 3: Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy : Breast reconstruction is intended to restore your breast to its original size and shape so that your breasts look symmetrical in a bra or clothing.
- 4: Breast Implants After Breast Cancer : Women report breast reconstruction was an important factor in helping them to recover psychologically from the devastating effects of breast cancer.
- 5: Design Your Own Breasts Before Augmentation Surgery : SculptMyDream incorporates an extensive library of 3D photographs of women that have had breast augmentation surgery.
*Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: www.doctorangelchik.com. Electronic Publication Date: 2010-10-28 - Revised: 2010-11-13. Title: Benefits of Lipoabdominoplasty, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/medical/surgery/cosmetic/lipoabdominoplasty.php>Benefits of Lipoabdominoplasty</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-16, from https://www.disabled-world.com/medical/surgery/cosmetic/lipoabdominoplasty.php - Reference: DW#459-6015.