Benefits of Lipoabdominoplasty
- Publish Date: 2010/10/28 - (Rev. 2010/11/13)
- Author: www.doctorangelchik.com
Outline: Plastic surgery patients looking to sculpt their abdominal region often ask about liposuction or abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).
Main DigestPlastic surgery patients looking to sculpt their abdominal region often ask about liposuction or abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). However, even these procedures, which are very effective, may not be right for everyone.
However, all is not lost. A Brazilian plastic surgeon named Dr. Saldanha introduced a new technique that combined liposuction and the tummy tuck. Called lipoabdominoplasty, this procedure may be ideal for those looking to sculpt their midsection and tighten their abdominal muscles.
Lipoabdominoplasty uses the same principles as traditional liposuction and traditional abdominoplasty. However, the liposuction is more aggressive and the abdominoplasty avoids undermining the skin directly. By preserving blood vessels and nerves, the healing process is much easier.
First, liposuction of the abdomen is performed over the entire abdominal region. Next, skin beneath the navel is excised as in an abdominoplasty, however lymphatic vessels are not touched. This means less swelling after the procedure. The abdominal muscles are tightened and the skin is pulled down and closed with sutures.
Advantages of Lipoabdominoplasty
Improved abdominal sculpting because of the aggressive liposuction
Many patients will have a short scar
Lower rate of postoperative complications
Less likelihood of postoperative numbness
Less swelling, bruising, and pain
This is becoming a popular procedure for those who are seeking a midsection that is both sculpted through lipo, as well as has a tight region of muscles. There is also a high rate of success and satisfaction in lipoabdominoplasty patients.
If you are in the Scottsdale or Phoenix, Arizona area and would like more information on how you can benefit from lipoabdominoplasty, please visit the website of board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Paul Angelchik today at www.doctorangelchik.com
- 1 - Benefits of Mommy Makeover Cosmetic Surgery | Disabled World | 2010/10/28
- 2 - Humanitarian Side of Plastic Surgery | Dr. J Plastic Surgery | 2014/12/06
- 3 - Those Traveling Abroad for Plastic Surgery Can Bring Home Serious Complications | Brigham and Women's Hospital | 2018/03/31
- 4 - Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy | www.thebodydoc.com | 2011/02/18
- 5 - Breast Implants After Breast Cancer | Lisa Moore of PlasticSurgeryGuide.com | 2011/07/04
- 6 - Design Your Own Breasts Before Augmentation Surgery | Canfield Imaging Systems | 2011/07/21
- 7 - Anti-Aging Laser Treatment for Wrinkle Reduction | JUVA Skin & Laser Center | 2011/01/22
- 8 - Loose Skin and Facelift Surgeries after Bariatric Surgery | Wolters Kluwer Health | 2015/02/01