Microdermabrasion: Sun Exposure and Aging Marks
- Publish Date: 2012/08/07
- Author: Nova Surgicare PC
Outline: Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical way to rejuvenate and refresh your skin revealing a less blemished fresh layer of skin.
Main DigestOver the years, sun exposure and aging begin to leave their marks on your skin. Other imperfections like acne scars and enlarged pores can show on your skin as well.
Microdermabrasion - A non-surgical way to rejuvenate and refresh your skin. There are two microdermabrasion techniques. One method sprays a steady stream of crystals against the skin to remove dead, damaged skin cells. The crystals and skin cells are vacuumed away as they are removed. The second method uses a diamond-tipped wand to whisk away the skin cells, which are suctioned away. Both methods reveal a less blemished, fresh layer of skin.
Microdermabrasion, or dermabrasion, can soften the signs your life experiences have left on your skin. This technique gently whisks away the outermost layer of skin cells to reveal fresher, smoother, more youthful skin.
What is Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical way to rejuvenate and refresh your skin. There are two microdermabrasion techniques.
One method sprays a steady stream of crystals against the skin to remove dead, damaged skin cells. The crystals and skin cells are vacuumed away as they are removed.
The second method uses a diamond-tipped wand to whisk away the skin cells, which are suctioned away. Both methods reveal a less blemished, fresh layer of skin.
Microdermabrasion is effective in improving the appearance of:
- Sun damage
- Poor skin texture
- Fine lines
- Enlarged pores
- Acne scars
Because microdermabrasion is such a gentle process, multiple treatments are typically necessary to achieve a desired result. An experienced plastic surgeon can create a treatment plan with microdermabrasion performed at regular intervals for several months. After this treatment, re-treatments can maintain your rejuvenation results.
Some of the benefits of microdermabrasion include:
- Minimally invasive
- No anesthesia necessary
- Treats face, hands, chest and other areas
Both microdermabrasion techniques are completed in about 30 minutes to an hour. Microdermabrasion does not require any anesthetic, although you will feel the abrasive sensation of the crystals or wand during your treatment; patients typically do not experience pain during microdermabrasion.
After your treatment, it is normal to experience redness, irritation and swelling that will go away in the hours following your appointment. Your skin may be dry and may peel for a few days, which will resolve itself and reveal your rejuvenated skin.
If you are ready to leave the signs of aging behind and to look as young as you feel, microdermabrasion is a completely non-surgical way to refresh your skin. Microdermabrasion does not require you to take any time off from work. There is no recovery for this treatment, and you can enjoy results for several months before you may want to consider a re-treatment.
To learn more about microdermabrasion, please visit the website of Nova Surgicare PC at www.novasurgicare.com the website of Maryland and Northern Virginia plastic surgeon Dr. Daria Hamrah.
- 1 - Benefits of Mommy Makeover Cosmetic Surgery | Disabled World | 2010/10/28
- 2 - Humanitarian Side of Plastic Surgery | Dr. J Plastic Surgery | 2014/12/06
- 3 - Those Traveling Abroad for Plastic Surgery Can Bring Home Serious Complications | Brigham and Women's Hospital | 2018/03/31
- 4 - Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy | www.thebodydoc.com | 2011/02/18
- 5 - Breast Implants After Breast Cancer | Lisa Moore of PlasticSurgeryGuide.com | 2011/07/04
- 6 - Design Your Own Breasts Before Augmentation Surgery | Canfield Imaging Systems | 2011/07/21
- 7 - Anti-Aging Laser Treatment for Wrinkle Reduction | JUVA Skin & Laser Center | 2011/01/22
- 8 - Loose Skin and Facelift Surgeries after Bariatric Surgery | Wolters Kluwer Health | 2015/02/01