- Synopsis: Disabled World News features a roundup of health and disability news articles and stories from around the globe focusing on issues relating to disabilities.
The Disabled World Disability News category covers the latest information affecting people living with a disability, their families, and carers. News includes community support programs, sports and cultural happenings, along with issues of medical concerns, current and future treatments available, and care options.
You'll also find documents relating to accessibility laws and legislation, disability rights issues, disability insurance news and updates, health care, special needs education, and some of the latest clinical trials and medical research findings.
Get Published: We publish fundraising efforts and coming events, as well as outreach and disability/health awareness initiatives. To have information published on Disabled World see further down the page for news, articles, and event submissions.
- Finance Now Available on Mountain Trike All-terrain Products
- Canadian Budget Disappoints Individuals with Disabilities and their Families
- Ribcap Protective Hats For Fall Risk Patients
- Harris Communications to Showcase Latest Assistive Devices at Deaf Seniors of America Houston Conference
- Persons with Hidden Mobility Disability (HMD) Facts and Statistics
- Big Keys App: Large Keyboard and Emoji Magnifier for Cell Phones
- Alto: First U.S. Advantage Club for People with Disabilities
- New Affordable Wheelchair Tennis Chair
- Hospice Care Comparison Study
- Indian Sign Language Dictionary To Be Release In India Soon
- How Can We Predict Whose Multiple Sclerosis Will Worsen?
- CSW61: RI Global Advocates for Working Women With Disabilities
- How Some Adults With Autism Compensate For Childhood Language Challenges
- Researchers Urge More Transparency From FDA
- Trump Budget Proposes $6B Cut to Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Rio 2016 Paralympics Had Over 4.1 Billion TV Viewers
- Unexpected Link Between Cancer and Autism
- Annual SeniorCare.com $1500 Aging Matters Scholarship
- Special Stories - New Book on Youth With Special Needs Is One-Of-A-Kind
- Location of Spinal Correction Influences Risk of Proximal Junctional Kyphosis (PJK) Development
- Proposed Homeless Ban in Melbourne Cause for Concern
- Accessibility Innovation Showcase Competition - Helping Innovators Improve Lives of People with Disabilities
- Why People With Learning Disabilities Should NOT Work For Less Than The Minimum Wage
- Harnessing ADHD for Business Success Study
- Re-Membering by Ann Millett-Gallant
- PyeongChang 2018 Winter Paralympics - An Opportunity for New Talent to Shine
- The Art of Accusation: The Lynching of Intellectual Disability
- $25,000 Disability Scholarship Fund from Rehabmart.com
- Neurological Link Between Religious Experiences and Epilepsy
- Early Deaths From Childhood Cancer 400% More Common Than Previously Reported
- FDA Approves Noctiva for Frequent Night Urination Treatment
- Irish Health Bill Provides Medical Cards to Children With Disabilities
- Autism Linked to Increased Cerebrospinal Fluid in Infants
- British TV Chat Show Slams Disability Genocide
- Playing Football Among Leading Causes of Concussion
Quick Facts: News, Newsletters, and Submissions
Editorials: Our Editorials section includes Political, Technology, and Veterans opinion pieces.
Submissions: To submit disability related items, events, and news releases - visit our submission guidelines.
Newsletter: Click Here to Subscribe to our weekly roundup of the latest published disability news and articles.
Disability Newsletters: List of other newsletters regarding disability issues and news - Disability Newsletters List.
Latest Disability News Publications
- UN Expert Claims After a Decade Disability Rights Still Lagging
States must urgently step up their work to ensure that persons with disabilities can take their place as equal members of society - United Nations human rights expert.
- Nearly 25% of Children Live in Conflict or Disaster Stricken Countries
UNICEF states an estimated 535 million children live in countries affected by conflict or disaster, often without access to medical care, quality education, proper nutrition and protection.
- DEWA Inaugurates 1st Annual Conference for People with Disabilities
Conference supports DEWA strategy to empower people with disabilities and contribute to integrating them into society as individuals capable of innovation and creativity.
- Holly Robinson Peete Speaks on Importance of Hiring People with Disabilities
Holly Robinson Peete speaks at Gatepath Event on importance of hiring people with disabilities - Special announcement about son RJ landing job with Los Angeles Dodgers.
- UN Humanitarian Summit Endorses New Charter for Persons with Disabilities
A new charter to significantly improve living conditions of persons with disabilities during emergencies has been endorsed at the United Nations World Humanitarian Summit.
Full List of Disability News Documents (23 Items)