Our Disabilities News and Research publications feature selected disability news and findings from around the world.
Latest news, headlines, product reviews, photos and videos on Disabilities.
Disabled World News relating to disability items of interest includes community support programs, disability sports news and cultural happenings, along with informative issues of medical concerns, carer fact sheets and related information, accessibility laws and legislation, disability rights issues, disability insurance news, and some of the latest clinical trials and medical research findings and discovery publications.
If you have, or know of, an interesting disability news story, event, assistive product, or informative article that you consider will be of interest, then please see the Disabled World contact details and submission guidelines page for further information on news, reviews and publications submission.
• Aerobics May Improve Walking and Endurance After Stroke - Research reveals stroke survivors who completed group aerobic exercise programs similar to cardiac rehabilitation programs significantly improved aerobic endurance and walking ability - Journal of the American Heart Association Report - 2019/08/15
• Should I Go to a Doctor, Walk-in Clinic, Urgent Care Center, or Hospital Emergency Department - Provides information regarding where to go to get medical care when you are not sure if you should go to a walk-in clinic, urgent care center, family doctor, or hospital emergency department - Disabled World - 2019/08/15
• Famous People Who Died from Head and Neck Cancer - List of notable people who died from head and neck cancers that include; throat, esophageal, laryngeal, oral, and thyroid cancers - Disabled World - 2019/08/13
• Local UK Councils Disabled Facilities Grant Spending - Freedom of Information Requests submitted on behalf of A Wood Idea have revealed that UK council funding through Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs) is at a 10-year high - Bethanie Dennis - 2019/08/06
• Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games will Transform Japan - Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games will transform Japanese society and significantly raise awareness of and advance Sustainable Development Goals according to IPC Chief Marketing and Communications Officer Craig Spence - International Paralympic Committee (IPC) - 2019/08/03
• Record Live Sports Broadcasts for Tokyo 2020 Paralympics - IPC announces a record 21 disciplines from 19 sports will be broadcast live from the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games - International Paralympic Committee (IPC) - 2019/07/22
• HealthPedal: Pedal Powered Mobility and Fitness Wheelchair Device - HealthPedal is an indoor and outdoor pedal powered wheelchair that can be used for mobility, freedom, fitness, and strength building - HealthPedal - 2019/07/19
• Unpopular Truth Regarding Biases Toward Disabled - The unpopular truth about biases toward people with disabilities by Caroline Brooks and William Chopik at Michigan State University - Michigan State University - 2019/07/19
• Federal Accessibility Legislation in Canada Now Operational - Accessible Canada Act establishes framework to create a barrier-free Canada through proactive identification, removal and prevention of accessibility barriers - Employment and Social Development Canada - 2019/07/12
• Media Needs to Start Breaking Down Stigma Surrounding Disability - EESC hearing reveals that to build a more inclusive society that sees the person, not the disability, the media needs to use human rights approach to disability in news and entertainment programs - European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) - 2019/07/11
• To Improve Mental Health UK Employees Moving to Flexible Workplaces - The results from the survey highlight the real benefits that adopting flexible working can offer to both employees and employers - Wildgoose - 2019/07/10
• 2019 Statistics Reveal Strong Job Gains for Disabled Americans - June 2019 nTIDE Jobs Report highlights initiatives supporting greater independence for people with disabilities - Kessler Foundation - 2019/07/09
• Accessible Canada Act - Canadian Federal Accessibility Legislation - Passed in House of Commons and Senate of Canada the new Accessible Canada Act will transform how Canadian Government addresses disability accessibility across the country - Employment and Social Development Canada - 2019/06/22
• Change TV Channel Using Your Eyes with Xfinity X1 Eye Control - Xfinity X1 users with disabilities like spinal cord injuries or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) can now use their eyes to change channels, set a recording or search for shows - Comcast - 2019/06/19
• Adaptive Clothing Market: Future Trends and Forecasts - Research study regarding the global adaptive clothing market reveals how the adapted clothes market is expected to grow during the course of the forecast period - QYResearch - 2019/06/18
• Roadside Assistance and Home Service for Wheelchair Users - Vantage Mobility International introduces its VMI Assurance Program a specialized roadside assistance and at-home service program for wheelchair users - Laura Slawny - 2019/06/16
• Overview of Common Battery Types and Their Purposes - List of various types of batteries includes the main purpose they were designed for, and whether a specific battery type will be suitable for your application - Disabled World - 2019/06/16
• The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year - OneClass is offering new scholarships this upcoming school year called The Freshman Scholarship, where students can earn individual scholarships between $450$ - $2,000, to the total sum of $100,000 given out - OneClass - 2019/06/14
• Neck Size: Measurement Chart and Health Information - Information on how to measure human neck size. Includes collar sizes measurement chart in inches and centimeters, and possible health implications relating to larger neck sizes - Disabled World - 2019/06/14
• Airlines to Improve Travel for Passengers with Disabilities - IATA unanimously approves resolution to improve air travel experience for estimated one billion people living with disabilities worldwide - IATA (International Air Transport Association) - 2019/06/10