Our Disabilities News and Research publications feature selected disability news and findings from around the world.
Latest news, headlines, product reviews, photos and videos on Disabilities.
Disabled World News relating to disability items of interest includes community support programs, disability sports news and cultural happenings, along with informative issues of medical concerns, carer fact sheets and related information, accessibility laws and legislation, disability rights issues, disability insurance news, and some of the latest clinical trials and medical research findings and discovery publications.
If you have, or know of, an interesting disability news story, event, assistive product, or informative article that you consider will be of interest, then please see the Disabled World contact details and submission guidelines page for further information on news, reviews and publications submission.
• Accessible Canada Act - Canadian Federal Accessibility Legislation - Passed in House of Commons and Senate of Canada the new Accessible Canada Act will transform how Canadian Government addresses disability accessibility across the country - Employment and Social Development Canada - 2019/06/22
• Change TV Channel Using Your Eyes with Xfinity X1 Eye Control - Xfinity X1 users with disabilities like spinal cord injuries or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) can now use their eyes to change channels, set a recording or search for shows - Comcast - 2019/06/19
• Adaptive Clothing Market: Future Trends and Forecasts - Research study regarding the global adaptive clothing market reveals how the adapted clothes market is expected to grow during the course of the forecast period - QYResearch - 2019/06/18
• Roadside Assistance and Home Service for Wheelchair Users - Vantage Mobility International introduces its VMI Assurance Program a specialized roadside assistance and at-home service program for wheelchair users - Laura Slawny - 2019/06/16
• Overview of Common Battery Types and Their Purposes - List of various types of batteries includes the main purpose they were designed for, and whether a specific battery type will be suitable for your application - Disabled World - 2019/06/16
• The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year - OneClass is offering new scholarships this upcoming school year called The Freshman Scholarship, where students can earn individual scholarships between $450$ - $2,000, to the total sum of $100,000 given out - OneClass - 2019/06/14
• Neck Size: Measurement Chart and Health Information - Information on how to measure human neck size. Includes collar sizes measurement chart in inches and centimeters, and possible health implications relating to larger neck sizes - Disabled World - 2019/06/14
• Airlines to Improve Travel for Passengers with Disabilities - IATA unanimously approves resolution to improve air travel experience for estimated one billion people living with disabilities worldwide - IATA (International Air Transport Association) - 2019/06/10
• UN World Food Safety Day - 7th June Annually - United Nations Global World Food Safety Awareness Day yearly on 7th June aims to strengthen efforts to ensure food we eat is safe - World Health Organization (WHO) - 2019/06/07
• Hope for Future of Ocean Governance - Commonwealth Blue Charter - To mark World Oceans Day on June 8th, Commonwealth Head of Oceans and Natural Resources Dr Nicholas Hardman-Mountford shares how Blue Charter is a beacon of hope for the future of ocean governance - Commonwealth Secretariat - 2019/06/07
• U.S. Seniors Want Action to Lower Cost of Medicare Drugs - American senior citizens overwhelmingly want Congress to take action to lower cost of prescription drugs by reducing Medicare Part D out-of-pocket spending requirements - Senior Citizens League - 2019/05/30
• Disability ID Cards - How and Where to Obtain One - List of locations and contact information of places that provide Disability ID Cards, or similar forms of identification for people with disabilities - Disabled World - 2019/05/21
• Lawsuit Alleging Disability Discrimination by Owners and Developers of Apartment Complexes in 13 States - U.S. Department of Justice files lawsuit alleging disability-based discrimination by owners and developers of 82 apartment complexes in 13 states - U.S. Department of Justice Office of Public Affairs - 2019/05/10
• North American Wheelchair Accessible and Mobility Vehicle Statistics - 2018 Data, Analysis and Forecast for 2019 to 2023 wheelchair accessible and mobility vehicles by market size, shares, segmentation, competitors, growth, channels and trends for non-emergency medical transport and ambulatory vehicles - Research and Markets - 2019/05/04
• RadikalDarts - Accessible Dart Playing for People with Disability - RadikalDarts Machine Model 137 is adapted for people in wheelchairs and provides accessible dart playing for the disabled - Gaelco Darts SL - 2019/05/01
• LEGO Braille Bricks for Blind and Visually Impaired - The Lego Foundation and Lego Group team up with blind associations to pilot Lego Braille Bricks to aid blind and visually impaired to learn through play using LEGO bricks - The LEGO Foundation - 2019/04/24
• National Making The First Move Day® DJ a Hit, Despite Disability - Second Annual Official National Making The First Move Day® Celebration was held on Sunday, April 7, 2019 in Shreveport, LA - Greshun De Bouse™ - 2019/04/20
• Beach Access Wheelchair with 4 Large Balloon Tires - Aqua Creek beach access wheelchair features durable non-rust PVC construction and 4 large balloon tires to easily roll over soft sand and terrain - Disabled World - 2019/04/15
• Tokyo Paralympics in 2020 Already Inspiring Change - There are signs that with 500 days to go the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games are already having a transformational impact on Japanese society. - The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) - 2019/04/13
• London Public Transport - A Nightmare for Wheelchair Users - Going the Extra Mile experiment highlights accessibility issues revealing how hard it is for disabled passengers to navigate the London public transport system - Bolt Burdon Kemp - 2019/04/12