- Synopsis: Latest Indiana disability news including medical research and health information updates.
Information including facts, statistics, and news of interest, for persons with disabilities residing in or visiting the State of Indiana.
Indiana Disability Resources
Autism Society of Indiana
Providing Autism information for Indiana - www.iidc.indiana.edu/irca/fmain1.html
The Indiana Resource Center for families with special needs - www.insource.org
Indiana Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ISHA)
The mission of the Indiana Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ISHA) is to support its members in the provision of quality services through advocacy, professional development and public awareness - www.islha.org
The Arc of Indiana
The Arc of Indiana was established in 1956 by parents of children with intellectual and other developmental disabilities who joined together to build a better and more accepting world for their children - www.arcind.org
Down Syndrome Association of Northeast Indiana
The mission of the Down Syndrome Association of Northeast Indiana is to enhance the lives of people affected by Down syndrome, advocate on their behalf, provide information and support to families and professionals, and promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome in northeast Indiana - www.dsani.org
The League for the Blind & Disabled
Independent living is the right of people with disabilities to control and direct their own lives and to participate actively in society - www.the-league.org
Statistics: Indiana Disability
- There are an estimated 914,000 people in the state of Indiana over the age of five who have a form of disability.
- Approximately 160,000 people, or 2.8% of the state's population, experience difficulties with performing activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, or moving around inside of their homes.
- There are around 493,000 people in the state who have a form of work disability, and 202,000 people with disabilities in Indiana who are employed.
- Around 35,000 people with disabilities in the state are unemployed, while 265,000 are currently not in the workforce.
Latest Indiana Publications
- Indiana Medicaid Members Gain Access to Leading Addiction Treatment
Eligible residents in Indiana gain access to safe, effective treatment offered at CleanSlate centers in communities: Anderson, Elkhart, Fort Wayne and Merrillville.
- Children's Museum of Indianapolis - A New Approach to Health and Fitness
New health and fitness experience called The Riley Children's Health Sports Legends Experience at The Children's Museum of Indianapolis.
- Bridges of Indiana to Better Serve Disability Community
Bridges of Indiana announces they will now be providing therapeutic services to individuals with disabilities as well as the aging population.
- Demographic Study of People with Disabilities - Indiana
Demographic study of people with disabilities in the State of Indiana.
- Information on Veterans in Indiana
The Indiana Business Research Center in Indiana University Kelley School of Business has offered some data about veterans in the Hoosier state.
Full List of Indiana Documents (9 Items)